Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ May 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

@stevieb wrote:

About the monthly questions... Parenting is not something I spend a great deal of time contemplating, but for the record, I think intact happy families are best, but no, I don't think parents necessarily need to be married to be good parents and no, I don't think one sacrifices a happy relationship to co-parent because there will always be resentment and the lack of happiness will show up.

Now, as for the more relevant, to me, question, I'd pretty much like to see all of the currently rotten story lines resolved and the show move on, but that's not going to happen. Clearly, the powers that be simply don't have the talent to quickly conceive of and develop compelling stories. So, if I have to pick but one of the current debacles to wrap up it has to be the 'Sonny. who am I' nonsense. Related, I'd like to see the entire Pennsylvania crew gone. I'd also like to see Maxie finally birth that baby and the ridiculous Brook Lynn nonsense end. I could go on and on but I won't... There are also what are to me 'minor' story lines that hold no interest I'd just as soon they jettison, but no point in going there. Oh, and I'd like to see the teen scene, particularly anything involving Cameron and Trina, over once and for all.

Basically @stevieb stated my feelings with more or less pinpoint accuracy.  I will add my comments as follows:

The teens:  I'm contemplating (again) throwing something at my TV (poor inanimate object) in that these s/l's are so grating on my last nerve.  Taggert, back in the day, called Jason "Anger Boy".  FF and that's Cam only he shows how mad he is (or tries).  Joss, what's your problem? Are you planning on being a professional volleyball player?  An athletic scholarship to attend any university is not necessary (I know this isn't the premise, but gee, they have the best VB team); your grades are great and your parents are rich...move it along and out of PC.  Trina, I did like her originally, but like all things good, a little of her goes a long way these days.

Smike:  End it; just end it.  I realize my former confusion of NJ vs. PA and Smike.  He was found in Secaucus, NJ, but has ended up with Lennie/Phyllis at the Tan-O in PA.

Like so many of us, if I named all the S/L's I would like to see concluded during May, I might just be watching the commercials.....hmmm, maybe I'm FF'ing the wrong thing.  :womanlol:

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique. Happy May!!!  Yes, let's hope that everyone gets the shots and life starts to move forward along with the sunny weather.  Thank you for the flashbacks, recaps, and thoughtful questions.

QOTM: I don't necessarily think parents need to be married to be good parents.  To be, the most important component is putting the health and well being of the child above all else.  However, I do think a family unit is important.   The Willow/Michael issue started with Michael asking Willow to adopt Wiley.  At that time he wasn't in love with Willow nor did he fully commit to marrying her.  FF, now he lo vfc as hff er and wants to marry her.  Ok, so stop giving Chase false hope, stop the games.  If you live the woman, marry her.  As your real wife, now the adoption makes sense.

What storylines do I want ended ???   Well @stevieb and @mysoutherncomfort pretty much covered it.  First and foremost,  end the Smike nonsense!!!  At this point, Peter and Cyrus both need to be axed.  Dare we hope the writers do better????  There are so many possibilities for better storylines utilizing existing characters, if only TPTB would explore that avenue.

Cam has now become a caricature of his previous self.  Hopefully, in real life, the teens will be moving ahead with college and we see less of them.

I'll leave it there for now.  Have a wonderful weekend!!

Trusted Contributor

We had a cable problem the past couple of days so I did not get to see GH on Friday.  However, I was thinking about Josselyn and Trina going to see Jax and I thought that the storyline of Nina and Mike cannot end yet as they have not had their real romance yet and that needs to happen so that Nina is in more trouble. So i do not think that Joselyn and Trina will see Sonny on this trip.

I still think that Mathisen may be Jeff Weber in the future since the character was mentioned by Scott to Liz.  

As far as co-parenting, I think it can happen with the right people but I like a family unit all together so I am still fond of that.  However,  I think with Willow that she was capturing her lost child by focusing on Wiley as was mentioned by our friends here and I agree. I think rather than have Willow adopt the child, wait as Michael is young and will eventually marry and his new bride can adopt him but of course, now it gets complicated and Willow is now the love of his life so it makes sense for her to adopt him now if they really do get married.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@miata1   personally I don't think Jeff Webber is returning. Can't think of any reason why he would. He didn't come back for any of these: when it was revealed he was Hayden's father, Elizabeth's wedding, to meet his granddaughter Violet, or the death of his son-in-law, Franco. If he couldn't be bothered to return for any of those major events, what's the point now?

Also there's the age thing. I posted in the April thread Cameron Mathison is 51. Jeff Webber is Cam Webber's grandfather and he also was involved with Monica Quartermaine who is at least 75. Surely they would find an older/more appropriate person if they were bringing back the character Jeff Webber.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kathy B (North Carolina)

I rarely post but read every single day.  Love to see what you all have to say.  Thanks for this thread.  I would like to be included in your list.

Honored Contributor

Upcoming Week Promo

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

GH Plotline Predictions For May

Dorothy Gass

Maxie and BLQ

Maxie and Brook Lynn will pull off the baby switch, no problem. Jones will hand her baby girl over to BLQ with the understanding that this is “temporary”. Valentin and August will be in the dark; however, will Jones decide to confide in Anna? She’s a tad mad at her, but could Devane somehow be brought into the loop or fall upon the information by accident? This could be a secret that Anna is “forced” to keep from Valentin for the safety of Maxie’s child. As Anna and Valentin are potentially headed towards some sort of romance, this could stifle that possibility.

Valentin Signs Over ELQ

Valentin will sign over ELQ, so Brook Lynn and the Quartermaines will get what they want; however, Peter won’t go away as quickly as Maxie would like. Somehow, August will continue to dodge bullets. GH spoilers indicate that Valentin will overhear a conversation and gain the upper hand on Peter, but nothing will be done for a while. Valentin will believe the baby BLQ has is his, while August will mourn the loss of his child. Peter will continue to be a thorn in the side of Valentin and Anna  possibly Maxie, too.

Nina and “Mike”

Over in Nixon Falls, Nina and “Mike” are going to come together in May. Things have been building up for too long for these two not to share a kiss or something more. While Elijah Crowe has somewhat kept Nina and “Mike” apart, GH spoilers indicate that he’ll prove to be a major threat. Could he try to attack Reeves? Perhaps the two are left alone together and he doesn’t take “no” for an answer.

Sonny Saves The Day

If Nina is placed in a situation of this sort, Sonny could come in at the very last moment and save the day for her. This would only strengthen the bond between these two, and they could get caught up in a moment together. Spending the night with “Mike” would only intensify her feelings for him, but it would also dig her deeper into the lies she’s told.

Nina Protects

GH spoilers also hint that Nina will do all she can to “protect” her new life, and she’ll make a major decision in May. Could she extend her vacation, or choose to work from Nixon Falls for a little while? She’ll continue to lie to Jax (and anyone else who reaches out) but will she do something even more drastic, like cutting her ties to Port Charles and Crimson Magazine?

Spencer Returns!

GH spoilers for next month reveal that Ava and Nik will host a family dinner. Some teasers are implying that this could be to “welcome home” Spencer. Could he be returning to Port Charles? Anything is possible. It’s also been suggested that Nik’s son might be the person who has been sending the “creepy” gifts to Ava.

Special Episode For John Reilly

GH fans have been anxiously awaiting the episode honoring Sean Donely and the late actor who played him, John Reilly. The episode is set to take place on Friday, May 21st. While actress Kimberly McCullough (Robin Scorpio-Drake) recently teased on social media that she was back on GH to film something special, viewers should anticipate some unexpected guest returns. Could Donely’s wife Tiffany, played by actress Sharon Wyatt, make an appearance? Here’s hoping!

Franco’s Ghost Helps Clear Jason’s Name

GH spoilers state that actor Roger Howarth is coming back to the show in May. As per Soap Opera Digest, Roger’s return will be “extremely memorable”. It’s also been indicted that Franco will not return “alive” during Howarth’s next run with the show. Could Franco’s ghost come back to nab Peter and clear Jason’s charges? Could he also help Cameron work through his anger issues and perhaps officially say “goodbye” to Liz, so that she can have closure and move on?

Drew Returns

There’s also the chance that Roger plays a completely different character, as GH has been known to have actors come back for other roles. What if Roger returns as Drew Cain? What if Drew Cain’s return is part of Peter August’s downfall, or instead the next chapter for August’s reign of terror in Port Charles? There’s a chance that Cain still might not remember anything to nab him.

Elizabeth’s New Love

GH spoilers tease that Elizabeth will have someone by her side to help her rebuild her life. The natural guess as to who this might be is Finn, as they’ve been spending a lot of time together as of late. Plus, the fact that Liz is Hayden’s half-sister would make things interesting if Elizabeth and Finn were to become a couple. What if Drew Cain returns and he’s the one to help Elizabeth? The two did have a “thing” once upon a time.

Carly Goes Missing

GH spoilers indicate that Cyrus’s temper will flair in early May. Then, there will be a point where Carly desperately misses Sonny, and Jax won’t be able to locate her. Could Renault get angry and kidnap Mrs. Corinthos? She may miss her husband and his power if something along those lines were to occur. Carly has been able to stand up to the pressure of running Sonny’s business; however, with Jason out of the loop and Sonny’s passing, she may have bitten off more than she can chew.

source: F10

Respected Contributor

@kathybnc2 wrote:

Kathy B (North Carolina)

I rarely post but read every single day.  Love to see what you all have to say.  Thanks for this thread.  I would like to be included in your list.

And a happy, hi there, @kathybnc2.  Do jump right in; the water's fine.  OK, sometimes it can be a little choppy, but what the heck.  We all have our opinions and I would love to hear yours.

Trusted Contributor

Anyone else having trouble clicking to give hearts? It keeps telling me authentication failed-but yet I can sign in to post.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Respected Contributor

@Tique 

Kbeans Nixon Falls PA. 😝