Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ May 2020 ~ Spoilers Included

Wsmom and Cowboy Sam: yes, in our minds we can do what we did in our 20's and 30's, but when we do, there are always consequences. I knew what would probably happen, but I went ahead and did it anyway.  Stupid. However, there are so many people who are much worse off than I, so I need to buck up and try to fix this. I hope I have finally learned my lessons. I think what is making it worse is the daily barrage of bad news on the national front that depresses me to the point of expecting doom each day I get up. I really do miss the distraction of the insane plots on GH to take my mind off our national distress.

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Wsmom and Cowboy Sam: yes, in our minds we can do what we did in our 20's and 30's, but when we do, there are always consequences. I knew what would probably happen, but I went ahead and did it anyway.  Stupid. However, there are so many people who are much worse off than I, so I need to buck up and try to fix this. I hope I have finally learned my lessons. I think what is making it worse is the daily barrage of bad news on the national front that depresses me to the point of expecting doom each day I get up. I really do miss the distraction of the insane plots on GH to take my mind off our national distress.

--------------------

Even though there are times I want to scream at the TV screen, I miss GH too.  It comes on here at 1 pm. Has always been a sort of a time deadline for me to have finished whatever chore in time to have lunch and watch!!  I am not watching the old shows, tried and changed the channel.

As far as back....I have come to realize that I just cannot carry out certain chores anymore.  Back issues are a real pain and stop me from even trying some tasks.  Have also noticed that my hand strength is not what it used to be.... I need a magic power pill!! 

Honored Contributor

I am hysterical Spenser's home made Phantom of the Opera mask looks like a yarmulke in the back and I am most likely the only one who would ever see that 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman. Sorry to hear about your back.  Hope you get relief soon.

I understand exactly why you thought you could handle that mattress on your own.  We still think we should do the things we've always done.  Our bodies don't always cooperate. 

Hope you feel better soon.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman  I feel your (back) pain!  Right now I'm sitting here in a back brace.

I fell backward into the stairs and broke some vertebra and a few other stuff.

In two weeks I go back to see if it needs cement.

I sorta gloss over these old shows.  I'm like many of you in that I've watched these shows for a long time.

I took a break from this one and then came back....

I enjoy reading everyone's comments. 

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman  @Annabellethecat66  sorry to hear about your injuries. Now not only are we at the ages when our bodies betray us by not being able to do what they used to but when we harm ourselves, we no longer bounce back as quickly as we used to. Take care of yourselves. 

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66. So sorry to hear of your injuries.   Please rest and take care of yourself.  Hopefully you won't need additional measures.

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam   our governor has suspended his daily updates so  you will no longer have to miss GH. Hope that brightens your day.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

General Hospital fans are concerned the soap won’t survive the COVID hiatus and GH may be canceled indefinitely once the lockdown is over. Lately, there’s lots of chatter going around about whether or not the ABC sudser will resume shooting.

Currently, GH is in reruns and people are starting to worry it might not come back. Of course, it’s nice to take a trip down memory lane and relive some awesome moments of General Hospital history. Especially, the Nurses Ball episodes that are currently on the air.

No doubt, there were some spectacular and dramatic moments on GH. And, it may be enough to keep viewers happy – for the moment.

However, the repeat episodes are starting to cause a stir amongst fans because they fear this could be the end of General Hospital all together.

It was tough enough for fans to ensure “new” episodes crammed full of old footage to try and stave off re-runs. Now we’re neck-deep in “real” re-runs with no end in sight.

General Hospital viewers aren’t sure what to think right now. At this point, it’s unclear when it will be safe enough for the GH actors to return to work. So, we may be without new episodes for quite some time. No doubt, folks worry the network might decide to cancel the soap.

Ratings are on the decline as well, steadily dropping over the last four weeks.

Some General Hospital followers choose to remain positive while others are sure this is the end of the sudser.

Hopefully, GH will remain on the air because there is still so much left to finish.

As of now, there’s renewal notices for the other three soaps, but not General Hospital. However, that’s not unusual as GH often doesn’t make a splashy big announcement

. Also, both the CBS soaps, Bold and Y&R, aim to resume shooting new episodes as early as next month. But, GH still hasn’t released any info on a return to filming.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Tique @grandma r  Truer words were never spoken.  I (like so many) get frustrated when the brain says go go go and the body says no no no.