Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ May 2020 ~ Spoilers Included

Reminder: Since GH is now showing repeats, until further notice there will only be a Weekly Spoiler.

General Hospital Spoilers: Musical Magic With Nurses Ball Madness

Weekly Update: Mobsters and Mayhem

The General Hospital spoilers for the upcoming week reveal a special week dedicated to episodes featuring the Nurses Ball that originally aired in 2014 and 2015.

General Hospital Spoilers Highlights

Aside from its much-bemoaned absence between 2001 and 2013, General Hospital’s Nurses Ball has been an annual tradition chock full of fun, frivolity, and life-saving facts.

It began in 1994 in order to raise much-needed funds for the institution’s AIDS Pediatric Unit, as well as its AIDS Outreach Programs. Since that time, it has been manned by Lucy Coe (though there’s usually somebody else who elbows their way into co-hosting… or at the very least, stealing the spotlight) and scheduled to coincide with the real-world’s Day Of Compassion.

And now that GH has exhausted its supply of original episodes, ABC is filling the soap’s timeslot with “Flashback Episodes” that take a look back at some of the most recent Nurses Ball offerings.

Getting The Party Started

On Monday, viewers will be transported back to May 8, 2014, where they will get to witness Port Charles’s finest walk, or in Sam’s case trip, down the red carpet guiding them to that year’s Nurse's Ball.

The opening number – which is supposed to feature the specially-penned Welcome to the Burses Ball – is usurped by Liesl, who insists on performing her version of Willkommen from Cabaret.

It’s an inauspicious start to a program that, later in the week, will see Luke (or was that Fluke Spencer’s alternate personality) croon I Am What I Am and then propose to Tracy (Jane Elliot) – whom he’ll then re-marry right on the spot. Good thing that Lucy, the city’s go-to marriage officiant, is on hand.

The 2015 GH Nurses Ball

The episodes airing on Thursday and Friday will jump ahead one year to the 11th Nurses Ball. Among the many performances being shown is “Eddie Maine’s” take on a Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Damien Spinelli belting out It Might Be You, and yet another interruption by Liesl – this time singing 99 Red Balloons.

Expect drama aplenty from these two shows. Duke Lavery puts a hit out on Jordan, the truth about Ric and Hayden’s relationship is revealed, and Elizabeth learns that “Jake Doe” was Jason (though he actually wasn’t).

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Respected Contributor

Thinking of you @Preds 

The way that you've handled what has been dealt to you has been inspiring.  Your spirit shines through it all.  :heart::heart:

Honored Contributor

Waunakee Chamber Office Closed - May 25, 2020 - Waunakee Area ...

To All who have served past and present, thank you for your service.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Respected Contributor

Spoiler

Since they are showing previously seen Nurse's Balls I would like to see the one with Magic Mike as I missed it when it was on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CLHS68 wrote:

Since they are showing previously seen Nurse's Balls I would like to see the one with Magic Mike as I missed it when it was on.

@CLHS68   was this an oversight? Did you mean to say Magic Milo? If so, he does perform at the NB 2014.

Respected Contributor

@grandma r   i forgot to ask you, How are YOU doing?  

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

@Tique  Thank you that is what I meant. I put Mike but meant Milo.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Super Contributor

I sure wish she would wear her hair like this again.  It is just not becoming the way they style it now.  I finally got to watch the last "current" episode and it did leave us with a cliff hanger, but certainly not a who shot "JR" type.     As for the Necklace, spoilers say that Nelle was shown wearing the Heart Necklace in the Carly flashback but I certainly did not see it.  I was hoping that she got it from being married to Shiloh and it really belongs to Willow.  Would be a great twist.  

I do not care about past Nurses Balls but will record to keep GH front and center as someone earlier suggested.  I hope filming will start soon but only when it is safe.