Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ May 2020 ~ Spoilers Included

Tomorrow's Flashback Friday Episode is from April 1st, 2015

Luke Remembers Back to the Night His Mother Died

General Hospital spoilers for Friday reveal a day of remembering the past in more ways than one as the show rebroadcasts its 52nd anniversary episode.

General Hospital Spoilers Highlights

Luke revisits his childhood home… weeks after an explosion. It’s a place with more than charred walls, and there are secrets there, as well. He has the key to the home… and to unlock what lies within his mind; secrets that have been buried for a long time but are in desperate need of coming out.

Those memories are unleashed as “flashbacks” from the past play out in a way you will want to see — including the first appearance of Chloe Lanier. This time, she isn’t playing Nelle, but Luke’s sister Pat as a young woman. And what is revealed will shake Luke to his core...

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Laura14  from the comments I see on the Y&R thread, he should have stayed on GH. They seem to hate him.

He's completely miscast @Tique .  Same as Billy Miller was playing Jason.  BUT, he did have a good part this past year and played it well.  Still think Jon should win hands  down though.

Esteemed Contributor

Totally agree on the pregnancy @CLHS68.. 

I guess it's going to be a long wait to find out what happens.  Hopefully the writers are coming up with something good in all this time off and not more ridiculousness.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Daytime Emmy Awards 2020: The Nominees

Emmy Award trophies

The daytime drama Emmy nominees are:

Outstanding Drama Series

B&B
DAYS
GH
Y&R

Outstanding Lead Actress

Finola Hughes (Anna, GH)
Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke, B&B)
Heather Tom (Katie, B&B)
Maura West (Ava, GH)
Arianne Zucker (Nicole, DAYS)

Outstanding Lead Actor

Steve Burton (Jason, GH)
Thorsten Kaye (Ridge, B&B)
Jon Lindstrom (Kevin/Ryan, GH)
Thaao Phenglis (Tony, DAYS)
Jason Thompson (Billy, DAYS)

Outstanding Supporting Actress

Tamara Braun (Kim, GH)
Rebecca Budig (Hayden, GH)
Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie, DAYS)
Christel Khalil (Lily, Y&R)
Annika Noelle (Hope, B&B)

Outstanding Supporting Actor

Mark Grossman (Adam, Y&R)
Bryton James (Devon, Y&R)
Wally Kurth (Justin, DAYS)
Chandler Massey (Will, DAYS)
James Patrick Stuart (Valentin, GH)
Paul Telfer (Xander, DAYS)

Outstanding Younger Performer

Sasha Calle (Lola, Y&R)
Olivia Rose Keegan (Claire, DAYS)
Katelyn MacMullen (Willow, GH)
Eden McCoy (Josslyn, GH)
Thia Megia (Haley, DAYS)

My original intention was to post this list and ask for your thoughts...until I looked at the Supporting Actor category and saw a glaring oversight. They have got to be kidding!!!

Thoughts?

Glaring oversight is an understatement.   Goes without saying Max Gail should have been nominated, but Steve Burton over Maurice Bernard?   I don't normally think he is that great but fabulous job with the Mike storyline.    SB seems like a nice enough guy but "best actor" material he is not IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

A glaring oversight is a very nice way of saying it.

Max Gail has earned the Emmy for Best Supporting Actor.  Maurice Benard has also earned the Emmy for the Alzheimer's storyline.  Anything less is a travesty. 

Doubt I'll watch much for a while.  No need to see Lucy in her undies year after year during the NB.  I've never been a fan of Luke.  I thought he was best with Tracy.   However, I never bought into the whole Luke and Laura story.  How could she possibly forgive him let alone marry him???  Anna and Robert or Anna and Duke were much better, IMO.

Constance Towers is a beauty in her own right.  She embodies that sophistication.   Happy Birthday to her!!!

Honored Contributor

I say we write our own soap until they prove they can do better.  Tune in GH daily thread.  

I might continue the hanging storylines and do PC up right.  Nik has been clothed way too long.  I have been teased long enough with Holly's return and the chopping block may be back in business if I let Heather out on her daily constitutionals again.  Some characters should start shaking now....😅

Trusted Contributor

I cannoI believe that Sonny and Max Gail are not on the list for nominations. This is incredible, their performances have been outstanding.  I do like Jason but I'm sorry Sonny and Max have it over on all of them.  This is very disappointing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some of you may remember last month's QOTM was about who you thought should be nominated for this year's Daytime Emmys. My choices for Outstanding Actor and Actress were both nominated. I think Maurice is still in disbelief that he won last year. It was a gift just as Tyler Christopher's was the last time he won.

I've posted this before. Yes Maurice knocks it out of the park with Max but most of the time with everyone else, he phones it in. In contrast to Max who knocks it out of the park with everyone, not just Maurice. Even Max's scenes with Avery are memorable. Lately Maurice has been raising the bar when he has scenes with Steve/Jason; an example of that was yesterday when the two of them were discussing Mike and whether or not Sonny should let him go.

Don't know how Finola got her nomination. She was gone half the year so maybe they dangled it in front of her so she would take a shorter break this year.

Willow's nomination was a surprise although she had an eventful year. Between her and Joss, Willow would be my preference. So-o-o glad that Chloe Lanier/Nelle didn't get nominated but maybe if she had it would be incentive for her to leave again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So I looked to find the prenominations for the Emmys to see if Max Gail even submitted himself.  Looks like the organization voted this year not to release that info.  

Very possible he stepped aside and let some of his coworkers get a nod knowing he had the story climax coming this year and would possibly throw his hat in for 2021 without looking greedy.  

BTW, this is all peer nomination so it's the people he works with giving him the kudos.  

Honored Contributor

Good Morning & Happy Friday!

I don't have any plot lines but I have enjoyed reading the ones posted by @DLew@Laura14.

I did came up with a potential new category for the Daytime Emmys - actually it could work for any of the acting award shows. Some have suggested Sonny and Max should both be up for awards based on their scenes together. Although I disagree with part of that I certainly recognize the two have something special on screen which I think would make them contenders for Outstanding Scene Partners.

Just watched the second half of GH [since I only see the first half IRT} and finally know who some suspect might be pregnant. If correct that might be the first smart scenario GH has come up with in a while.