Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ May 2019 ~ Spoilers Included

The only time I got a tiny bit choaked up was when Cameron was speaking about his friend. 

That kid is a really good actor.  He's going places if he decides to stick with acting.

He's attractive.  He has a nice clean look and he speaks clearly and is believable.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

I agree.  Today was well done and done with Oscar in mind.  Tissues needed.

--------------

Today's show was touching....but I am quite ready for the Oscar story to be over!  I think it has gone on way too long.   He was a good kid and everybody loved him, but the Oscar focus is way too excessive...   

There are so many other stories - with major consequences - that need to come to an ending!!

Respected Contributor

A tribute worth the air time for Oscar.  If I chose my rememberance, it would be with a gathering of family and friends sharing (I would hope mostly) funny excerpts they could relate.  Too, a garden was a lovely touch; it was an excellent ending to a very sad storyline.

Reminds me of what my Mom said (while still lucid), she said, I don't want a memorial service or a funeral, I want you and your brothers (and friends) to gather and have a party.  She died of Alzheimer's Disease.  BTW, we did as she requested.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

agree Cameron is a good kid but now that Oscar is gone...what will the kids have as a storyline..i wonder??

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort 

I like what your mom wanted and glad you all did as she wanted.

I'm thinking about the same thing...have me creamated..and go out and enjoy a meal together and laugh and smile...no tears!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Why Sonny Comforting Kim Gave Us All The Feels

Kim and Sonny General Hospital

Wait, how could fans be waiting to see a scene like that between these two when Oscar just passed away, you may ask? More likely, you already know the answer. There truly can’t be one longtime viewer out there watching who didn’t realize that all that was on Sonny’s  mind was losing Morgan.

The pain Sonny felt losing Morgan was so intense that he could feel what Kim was feeling. But, for longtime fans of the show, this scene went so much deeper. What these longtime fans know and felt intrinsically was that this was Sonny sharing his grief about Morgan — with the woman who gave birth to Morgan.

Don’t get us wrong — Soap Hub loves Laura Wright in the role of Carly Corinthos. But when Morgan was born, Braun was the one who played Carly.

So, Monday’s end scene felt like watching the two actors perform on two different planes — at the same time. We’re sure the performers were well aware of the moment they were sharing and the many layers and complexity that went into what they were saying to each other.

It certainly got those of us here at Soap Hub talking, wanting to give the two actors kudos on truly blowing us away with those beautifully crafted, poignant moments that honored Oscar, Morgan, the show, and veteran fans of General Hospital. Well done!

Well done to the person who wrote this article because it's exactly what I was thinking when I watched the scene between the two actors on yesterday's show.

Link---Carly giving birth to Morgan

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam   I'm with you there - creamate me - I don't even care if there's family/friends frivolity afterwards as I will never know anyway lol.

Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Why Sonny Comforting Kim Gave Us All The Feels

Kim and Sonny General Hospital

Wait, how could fans be waiting to see a scene like that between these two when Oscar just passed away, you may ask? More likely, you already know the answer. There truly can’t be one longtime viewer out there watching who didn’t realize that all that was on Sonny’s  mind was losing Morgan.

The pain Sonny felt losing Morgan was so intense that he could feel what Kim was feeling. But, for longtime fans of the show, this scene went so much deeper. What these longtime fans know and felt intrinsically was that this was Sonny sharing his grief about Morgan — with the woman who gave birth to Morgan.

Don’t get us wrong — Soap Hub loves Laura Wright in the role of Carly Corinthos. But when Morgan was born, Braun was the one who played Carly.

So, Monday’s end scene felt like watching the two actors perform on two different planes — at the same time. We’re sure the performers were well aware of the moment they were sharing and the many layers and complexity that went into what they were saying to each other.

It certainly got those of us here at Soap Hub talking, wanting to give the two actors kudos on truly blowing us away with those beautifully crafted, poignant moments that honored Oscar, Morgan, the show, and veteran fans of General Hospital. Well done!

Well done to the person who wrote this article because it's exactly what I was thinking when I watched the scene between the two actors on yesterday's show.

Link---Carly giving birth to Morgan

@Tique And it never even crossed my mind, even though I was definitely watching back then! I just thought it was sweet of Sonny, because he does know what Kim is going through. Maybe because, as far as I'm concerned anyway, Laura Wright IS Carly...and I just forget that anyone else was ever in the role. Tamara Braun is so much better as Kim, in my opinion, than she ever was as Carly.

Respected Contributor

I, too, remembered "Kim" as Carly and of course, Morgan's mom.  And I also feel that Laura Wright is best as Carly and that Tamara Braun is better suited as Kim.  Ah, those blasts from the past.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved Tamara Braun as Carly!  I thought she was great. I love Sarah Brown in the role as well.  She was just all kinds of good!   There was another woman who played Carly who I must have blocked out, lol.  Not right for the part at all.  I think maybe Laura Wright has now played the role longer than the others put together, and she is great.  But I sure did love the young Sarah Brown in the role, as well as Tamara Braun.