Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ May 2019 ~ Spoilers Included

@BeckiWV wrote:

I loved Tamara Braun as Carly!  I thought she was great. I love Sarah Brown in the role as well.  She was just all kinds of good!   There was another woman who played Carly who I must have blocked out, lol.  Not right for the part at all.  I think maybe Laura Wright has now played the role longer than the others put together, and she is great.  But I sure did love the young Sarah Brown in the role, as well as Tamara Braun. 

The other Carly was Jennifer Bransford.  I felt like she was not given a fair chance to play Carly.

But I totally agree, Laura is the best Carly!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BeckiWV wrote:

I loved Tamara Braun as Carly!  I thought she was great. I love Sarah Brown in the role as well.  She was just all kinds of good!   There was another woman who played Carly who I must have blocked out, lol.  Not right for the part at all.  I think maybe Laura Wright has now played the role longer than the others put together, and she is great.  But I sure did love the young Sarah Brown in the role, as well as Tamara Braun. 

I totally agree, Tamara Braun was a great Carly!

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD 

very true..

.i don't want any fuss..just let me go..

throw my ashes off a hill somewhere when it's windy....and let me fly away...lol!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

A tribute worth the air time for Oscar.  If I chose my rememberance, it would be with a gathering of family and friends sharing (I would hope mostly) funny excerpts they could relate.  Too, a garden was a lovely touch; it was an excellent ending to a very sad storyline.

Reminds me of what my Mom said (while still lucid), she said, I don't want a memorial service or a funeral, I want you and your brothers (and friends) to gather and have a party.  She died of Alzheimer's Disease.  BTW, we did as she requested.

@mysoutherncomfort  Agree.  Mom died of cancer in her early 40s back in the 1970s. Times were different and everyone had the obligatory viewing, church service, and a few words spoken at the gravesite.  

Dad bought a double plot at the time and lived another 40 years and as friends died he reminded us often he wanted none of that.  He died during a brutally cold winter here and come spring I called the cemetery and BF and I had his cremains buried next to mom.  

As a family we waited for his grandkids to come home from college during summer and my siblings, their spouses and his grandkids all put flowers on his grave and went out for a meal afterward and raised a glass of wine to toast him.  He was remembered on his own terms.  I've told my sister I want cremated and my ashes spread a particular place, but like dad, no funeral and no service.  She asked if I cared if they did something like we did for dad and I told her that was fine. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have never been a fan of Carly from day one. However, if I had to pick my least objectionable one, it would be Tamara Braun. Laura Wright is okay as the character goes. The most unlikeable, nasty, duplicitous one was Sarah Brown, and she was just as dislikeable as Claudia Zacarra.  At least I think that was her name.

Respected Contributor

I think all the actresses brought something to the Carly character with the execption of Jennifer Bransford. To me she had no spark & she just played the character as a flat one demention character. And we all know Carly is multi facted. Maybe she would have gotten better as her stay was very short. But I agree with the others that said Laura Wright is the best Carly.

Trusted Contributor

I think that since Laura Wright has been there the longest is the reason why I have gotten used to her.  I liked Tamara too and though she did a good job and I liked Sarah Brown.  I think that Sara Brown is the one that cried the most if I am remembering correctly.  Anyway, they were all good and I missed each one when they left.  But now Laura has become Carly for me.  Love her hair long too and that it matches so prettily with Joss' s hair.

Honored Contributor

Well..

loved the talk exchange between the so called "new" couple deciding should they or not press charges againsy Julian for assult!Look on Julian's face was priceless...

Our Laura and super spy...should have know that lady was hiding  or forced not to want to talk to them.or something by the way she talked and acted!

Well..wonder how today GH will start with....DOD?

The proposal that Anna thinks that Robert will ask her?

Bet it will be Valentine talking to pretened daughter of Nina!

Wait..preview showed Mike with that  missing engagement ring ring asking his married lady friend to marry him!!!

preds 06-21-20
Respected Contributor

Is it just me that finds the former head of the WSB, our Robert, involved in a ludicrous storyline the writers have concocted?  Really, carrying around another man's engagement ring and Robert put the box back in his pocket, didn't it feel a little "lighter" and now the ring is "missing" (via Mike) and he and Mac run off to have a "copy" made, very quickly I might add!

Even though Ryan seemingly is holding the lady in Canada captive, that still doesn't explain the months of mail outside her home which has now been taken in.  Laura said to Curtis upon visiting the house the first time "she volunteers at two hospitals........"  Didn't anyone miss her?  Forgive me, I'm being too logical and need to remember "soap opera, soap opera......."

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort 

I agree with you...writers should know better!

The way that lady was acting...i knew Ryan was inside her house!

preds 06-21-20