Valued Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ May 2017 Thread, Spoilers

I'm guessing since Anna was diagnosed with cancer Alex stepped in to go after Valentin.  When she got the phone call in the park today I was thinking it might have been Anna asking how things were going.

Valued Contributor

Sounds like what they did on Days when they brought the original Roman back and John Black was there for years. 

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

I may be in the minority, but I really despise the Helena character.  Such skeleton-like features!  The worst though is that the writers are making her character into a cartoon!!  

It could be that during her prime, I was not watching GH as often nor was I really involved with the stories. But way too much emphasis is spent on her activities   It seems that every time the GH stories start to go flat...enter Helena!!  I think it is time to let her go......

The only reason that I can see as to why she has lasted so long is that the original actress to play Helena was Elizabeth Taylor.  Since she was only on for like 5 minutes 30 years ago, and Liz has been dead for eons, time to let Helena go,

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

@corita wrote:

I may be in the minority, but I really despise the Helena character.  Such skeleton-like features!  The worst though is that the writers are making her character into a cartoon!!  

It could be that during her prime, I was not watching GH as often nor was I really involved with the stories. But way too much emphasis is spent on her activities   It seems that every time the GH stories start to go flat...enter Helena!!  I think it is time to let her go......

The only reason that I can see as to why she has lasted so long is that the original actress to play Helena was Elizabeth Taylor.  Since she was only on for like 5 minutes 30 years ago, and Liz has been dead for eons, time to let Helena go,

------------------

I vaguely remember Liz T being on the show. Wasn't she involved with Luke somehow?  I kind of remember her being dressed in white, but do not remember the Helena connection.

Currently, every time Helena shows up, it is because

the show's stories need a kick in the pants and/or it is sweeps time!   The writers have made her character into a comic/cartoon figure like Lex Luther. The "bad" guy shows up to create chaos on the show.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Image result for elizabeth taylor on general hospitalImage result for elizabeth taylor on general hospitalImage result for elizabeth taylor on general hospital

She was the biggest star on the planet and could do what she ****** well pleased — and that included taking a job on a daytime soap! It's been 33 years since Oscar winner Elizabeth Taylor stunned Hollywood by appearing on ABC's General Hospital as villainess Helena Cassadine, who campily crashed the wedding of Luke (Anthony Geary) and Laura (Genie Francis) and put a curse on them that lasts to this day.

At the time, Taylor told People magazine, "I'm wild about General Hospital. Someone from [ABC] came to see me when I was doing The Little Foxes in New York, and I agreed to do the soap when I got to L.A. I had a ball."

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

By the look on Docs face ... Brad will get nailed, Finn is clean and Hayden is pregnant.  Must have used hers as the sample.  Or ... someone else has a serious illness.

I just want them to nail all of the lab techs.  This has been going on for forty years. LOL

OH ... edited to say ... I was right!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess when Brad faked the blood tests results he didn't notice it was positive for a pregnancy.  Obviously it wouldn't be Finn"s blood!

Esteemed Contributor

I hate to admit this but I am pulling for Nina and Valentin here.  I am not liking this Alex/Anna, nothing about her.  I can't stand Lulu.  So across the board, I am rooting for those two.   I'm hoping somehow they use that watch/listening device to blow up in Alex/Anna's face now that Nina knows about it. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't help it, I love Helena, I just do.  Every time Constance Towers in on, I am always sure it will be the last time because she is getting very old.  Therefore, I just can't help being delighted to see her.  I love the character and love the actress.  It is amazing to me that she is able to keep playing the role.  I give her props for it.  

I loved Elizabeth Taylor in the role too.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

What going on with Anna, was the scene in the hospital bed now is she suddenly twins, I am puzzled

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.