Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ May 2017 Thread, Spoilers

Finola Hughes debuted as Alex on ALL MY CHILDREN in 1999 when the neurosurgeon was traveling to Pine Valley with her husband, Dimitri Marick. However, Dimitri died, and Alex acted suspiciously, not wanting anyone to perform an autopsy and insisting on a closed casket at the funeral. But Edmund opened his brother’s coffin and found it empty, forcing Alex to admit that Dimitri was still clinging to life, but close to death and not wanting his loved ones to see him in that condition so they staged his death. Edmund urged Alex to try a radical treatment to save Dimitri’s life, and it seemed as though it was working but Dimitri was presumed dead when he went missing by the ocean.

AMC Edmund and Alex - ABC

John Callahan (Edmund) and Finola Hughes (Alex). (Photo Credit: Andrew Eccles/ABC)

Alex and Edmund soon fell in love, and he helped her investigate her past when she began having strange memory flashes. It turned out that Charlotte, the woman Alex believed was her mother, had brainwashed her into thinking she was Anna in the hopes of assassinating the secret agent. Alex was shocked to discover her life was a lie and that she had a twin sister she never knew about.

After Alex and Edmund got their lives back on track, things were turned upside down when Dimitri appeared very much alive, and she quickly reunited with her love. But when Alex disappeared off to Canada, both men joined forces to track her down. They were shocked to discover that she’d gone to help nurse her twin sister, Anna, back to health!

Despite the danger from assassins, Anna was transported and kept in a private wing of Pine Valley Hospital where she was treated and finally released. Alex and Anna were surprised when one of Charlotte’s hired killers couldn’t go through with the hit and they discovered he was Gabriel, their half brother! But when an assassin killed Gillian believing it was Anna, Alex was overwhelmed with guilt for the pain she’d brought to everyone since coming to Pine Valley.

Alex left town with Dimitri in 2001 to settle down in Hungary, and many years later, it was revealed that they’d gotten a divorce. So Alex is still out there somewhere, and could possibly be involved in this section of Anna’s past that she seems unable to remember.

@PINKdogWOOD ... I found this!  Hope it helps.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

Tracy's good bye....I am glad that the show was not some big fancy farewell party.  They kept it pretty simple and sweet. I wondered how those that had a long history with "Tracy" kept it together...Monica, Ned, Laura???  Glad that Luke only had a tiny part in the show...he would have taken the focus off Tracy. Actually found myself getting a bit teary!!!  She has always been one of my favorite characters!!

Honored Contributor

@Preds  You are the BEST!!!!  I remember all of this now. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @Preds!  I don't know about PinkDogwood, but it certainly helped me!!  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

I liked Tracy's goodbye but for the Luke part.  They could have done much better with him or not use him at all.  First, the hair.  Instead of it being memorable for her reunion with Luke, all I can remember from that scene is his hair!!  Also, in all probablility they weren't even in the same room.  He filmed his part where his lives.   Why bother.  JMO.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I liked Tracy's goodbye but for the Luke part.  They could have done much better with him or not use him at all.  First, the hair.  Instead of it being memorable for her reunion with Luke, all I can remember from that scene is his hair!!  Also, in all probablility they weren't even in the same room.  He filmed his part where his lives.   Why bother.  JMO.

You are more than welcome @Wsmom.  I mostly have to read to catch up since I'm at work.  I depend on y'all, too.   I loved the ending because that leaves them open to anything.  He was there ... for her behind the scene retirement party, so that was real. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

@Preds wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

You are more than welcome @Wsmom.  I mostly have to read to catch up since I'm at work.  I depend on y'all, too.   I loved the ending because that leaves them open to anything.  He was there ... for her behind the scene retirement party, so that was real. 

@Preds wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

Oh, thanks for the info that he was there...nice he came for the retirement party.  I am going to miss her.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@corita

I totally agree with you about the ones that were with her over the years holding it together.  I did notice that Ned seemed a little teary eyed.  As much as I liked Luke  I felt the writers did a good job with showing him at the end and not giving him a big part in her farewell.  I found myself getting a  little teary eyed too!

Honored Contributor

General Hospital cast shares love for Jane Elliot

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs

same here....i felt like a family member of mine was moving far away from me....Smiley Sad

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."