Honored Contributor

General Hospital ~ March 2022 ~ Spoilers Included

Happy March!

All are welcome.

It has been one year since Franco died.  Here's a recap of some things that happened last March. 

• Anna and Valentin continued to conspire to ensure Peter would not show up on their wedding day to marry Maxie. Valentin's ineffective plan to lock Peter in a closet backfired when Dante heard knocking and let Peter out.
  • Liesl crashed the wedding telling Maxie [and everyone else within hearing distance] that all charges against her had been dropped by the WSB and she had proof it was Peter who had done the dastardly things she had been charged with and it was also Peter who set her up to take the fall. Predictably Maxie didn't believe her until Valentin confirmed what Liesl had said. Valentin ended his monologue imploring Maxie not to marry Peter.
  • During the aforementioned wedding commotion Finn learned Anna had known for months she wasn't Peter's mother and Alex was. To add insult to injury Finn also realized Anna had confided that news to Valentin but had not told him nor did it seem she intended to do so in the future.
  • Franco listened to a recording he had made when he had Drew's memories. He learned Peter was the person who was trying to make him think he was returning to the man he had been pre-tumor. Franco set a trap for Peter; nevertheless by the end of the evening it was Franco who was being taken out of his studio in a body bag.
  • Elizabeth named Jason as the person who had killed her husband Franco resulting in Jason being arrested for a murder he didn't commit.

Since the  February thread  began some stories moved and a major character made his final curtain call.

• Tracy left Port Charles. 
  •  The teens went on an overnight trip to Sonny's cabin. Things quickly went awry resulting in Spencer and Esme leaving after Esme drugged Trina while they played a game of "Never have I ever".
  • Some evidence fell into Victor's lap confirming the baby who everyone thought was Bailey Quartermaine was in reality Louise Jones/August.
  • Sonny continued to ignore Carly's request to give her some time. Sonny asked Carly to meet him on The Haunted Star. When she arrived much later to surprise him he was in bed with "the always hovering in case I see an opening" Nina.
  • Anna watched Peter take his last breath while he was lying in the snow. Allegedly.

Thank you to All who answered the February QOTM.

March Question(s) of the Month

Like last month one of these questions was inspired by someone other than me. 

Sign smiley 92@KBEANS. 

@KBEANS wrote:

I like Brooke Kerr but the Portia character is boring.  I think she could handle a meatier storyline.

1. What actor do you think could handle a "meatier storyline"? No limit to the number you can name.

2. Did February live up to the hype of "Sweeps Month"? How? Why? Why not?

If neither of these questions interest you no explanation is necessary. As an alternative you could ask and answer your own question.

In my area mask mandates have been lifted and/or modified. For some reason not feeling quite as optimistic as I did last year when this happened.

I continue to be grateful for your company, your thoughts, and your ideas when you choose to share. Don't stop!

Stay healthy. Stay informed. Stay positive. Please and thank you.♥️

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ March 2022 ~ Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

If your BD is in March please let us know.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Who Is REALLY Stalking a Terrified Elizabeth?

Diane Brounstein

GH Spoilers: Who Is REALLY Stalking a Terrified Elizabeth?

GH spoilers for Tuesday reveal mysteries, tricks, a great escape, and so much more.

Elizabeth Is Spooked

Elizabeth was on edge enough after her talk with Scott and that odd visit from Betsy Frank, but when she walks into her house and found a portrait of herself staring at her in her living room, she really starts questioning things. Scott can’t be right about Betsy, can he? She’s just a strange woman who misses the man she thought of as a son.

But what about Jake? Her son has easy access to the house and did have emotional problems several years ago and might still be traumatized by his younger years being held captive by Helena Cassadine. She has to ask where that portrait even came from and then has to have a talk with her second teenage son. Perhaps a meeting with Dr. Kevin Collins is also in order.

Nina and Willow Face-Off

Willow is thrilled that Harmony swears she can get her birth certificate for her, but she is not happy at all when she runs into Nina Reeves and the two of them get into yet another heated argument. Nina also has to answer to Curtis, who wants to know if whatever is bothering her has anything to do with Sonny and his problems.

At least Michael seems to be having a better day than both Willow and Nina as he finally issues an apology to Harrison Chase. After sleeping with Chase’s wife, he came down on Chase for lying about his relationship with Brook Lynn, but now Michael realizes Chase was lying for the greater good.

Fooling Marshall, Soothing Carly

Drew is on a mission, and this time it’s not to make Carly feel better. No, Sam and Olivia intend to take care of that in what looks to be an escape house. Way to calm Carly’s nerves!

As for Drew, he and Curtis are ready to set up Marshall to finally tell the truth about what he was doing for the past few decades while he played dead. Will their plan work?

Respected Contributor

What actor do you think could handle a "meatier storyline"? No limit to the number you can name.

Here's an off the top of my head reply:

I would like to see some really good writing and S/L's (hey, I can hope, can't I?) for

Diane and Martin team up as legal beagles in an important matter (not forged birth certificate).

Epiphany, Felix and Britt (maybe Lisle) team up as medical professionals who uncover a mystery at GH and do amateur sleuthing or something to that effect.

Nik and Ava, already a team, join forces to outwit and neutralize Uncle Victor.

Brando and Shasha be given a good and happy S/L (without drugs).

That's all my little grey cells have for now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The question isn't who could handle meatier storylines, as I suspect most of the actors could. Rather the question is who I'd want to see on screen more than I do and I'd have to think about that. The answer, however, would prove to be pointless for the very reason cited so often: this cast is too big. That leads to so much jumping from story to story and so very few among this cast of characters is actually given much in the way of meaty scenes, much less a meaty story to tell. Even when they are, it's so dragged out it becomes completely diluted and, as has been noted, writers seem unable to resolve what should be key storylines in a way that satisfies the audience, even when the audience might not like the resolution.

All this leads into the clear assessment that no, 'sweeps' was no more satisfactory than is the program, day in and day out. Once again, we had storylines that have dragged on for months, storylines that clearly are not popular with viewers, a focus on characters that many viewers are not interested in seeing to the extent we do and resolutions that have fallen fully flat. Watching this show is increasingly like having bad nookie. It might get you started but it doesn't finish the job.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Sweeps didn't do it for me.  I really wanted a concrete end to Peter's storyline and this didn't give it me.  There is no doubt in my mind we will see Peter in the future.  I honestly think the writers "killed him" because so many people were over the entire storyline and wanted movement.  This was their way of placating viewers.

I really, really want to see Nina with a meatier storyline.  I mean really.  

DH and I will be embarking on a cruise in couple of weeks, over my birthday.  It's not a b-day cruise per se.  Fingers crossed it's a fourth times a charm cruise.  We were scheduled for one in April, 2020 that was obviously canceled.  We were scheduled for another in April, 2022 that was canceled in 2021 because our ship was moved from the US to Europe.  We rebooked for another in April, 2022 and that was a no go so we moved up to March, 2022.  If I had my druthers, I'd do April but that wasn't a reality anymore. 

It's my understanding that the mask mandate for public transportation expires March 18 and the CDC is going to make an announcement a few days prior if they are going to let it expire or continue it.  I am praying they let it expire.  That would mean no masks in the airport, on our flights to Florida or in the cruise terminal.  The cruiseline has dropped its mask mandate which is very exciting for us.    

Things have definitely settled way down for us with Omicron.  Thank goodness.

Honored Contributor

@Tique 

1. You know I was going here but I need Nik on my screen a heck of a lot more than he has been. This is a foundational character and he should be the one with Victor's machinations on point not Mr. Sheffield. Between he and Ava, darkness could rule PC. Smiley Surprised

2. I know they gave me Nik tied to a bed for V-Day and I salute that but sweeps did not compare to the Greek isle where Anna and Robert got their WSB on again and it was wonderful. Smiley Very Happy

When you're shooting at a house blindly and leaving a "dead" body alone a second after he "dies", I got nothing to salute you with. Had the jar with Faison's brain made an appearance in the snow, I might have tipped GH's way but it's a no from me, dog. Smiley Sad  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique  As the days get longer with Spring just around the corner, I want to thank you for continuing to our thread each and every month.  All that you do here is so very much appreciated. 

@mysoutherncomfort Your ideas are great!!!  You should be the writer for GH.

@Lipstickdiva  Wishing you a happy birthday a bit early!!  Also wishing you have a fun and safe cruise.

QOTM.......I'll start with sweeps.....a big NO on that one.  These writers have made an exciting sweeps month into a big joke.  I would like to see Diane get a meaty storyline.  Show her as the shrewd attorney and feisty lady that she is.  In addition, I'd like to see Valentin be the one to take down Victor.  I would also like Epiphany, Felix, and Britt to have a decent s/l.  They are so under used, it's ridiculous. 

Praying for the innocent people, especially the children, in Ukraine.

Honored Contributor

@Tique An escape house? This is what I have to waste my precious time with? Unless Peter is in there with a knife, ain't nobody got time for that.

Our illustrious 420 friendly writers need to stop phoning in their lunch activities and write another decent storyline. I know I'm shooting for the moon here but if they need ideas, this thread has been offering them for years. No excuse!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A leftover thought from yesterday mixed in with today's happenings:

Nina spent the night keeping watch over her beloved what's-his-name. After Carly and Drew arrived she finally departed from the penthouse but did she go home to take care of some hygienic things like most women would have done. Speaking of the basics  - a shower/bath, brushing teeth, putting on fresh undies, changing clothes, etc. No she went to Charlie's supposedly looking for Phyllis who seems to be MIA a lot. Even after being told her friend wouldn't be there until much later she stuck around to chat with Curtis and Stella. Nina left after getting some kind of notification on her phone. Homeward or office bound? Nope. Next we saw her trotting around GH. Even though we wouldn't have seen any of the above a change from that red blouse and black slacks would have been a clue that it happened. I know she's not stinking but it's the principle of the thing.