Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ June 2023 ~ Spoilers Included

@Tique wrote:

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

- Best or worst storylines; OK, so it's not really a S/L.  My question to the writers/Frank is .... what is the purpose of Auntie Stella?  Seriously, the actress is delivering her lines as written...but what is her purpose on GH?  She comes, she pontificates, she leaves, she returns, she asks for forgiveness, more pontificating...what is the purpose of this character?...

@mysoutherncomfort   I was a bit confused because this didn't have anything to do with Ava which was the QOTM "Best or worst storylines". Moving on...I will respond to your question with my thoughts. 

When the character of Stella first appeared she actually did have a purpose; it's different than her purpose three six years later. In addition to giving Curtis an older supposedly wiser family member, she was a friend and source of support to Mike and his family after his diagnosis. She also tried to prepare TJ for the issues he would face while being in an interracial couple but she never waived in her support. Vernee Watson, the actress who plays Stella is in her early-70s. Some of my friends and family are in same age group. For me she's never stood out but I admired her acting abilities.

Stella and Jordan always had a contentious relationship which was understandable because Jordan had been married to one of her nephews, Tommy, while having an affair with that nephew's best friend which resulted in TJ. When Stella accidentally found out TJ was not Tommy's son [which meant she and TJ have no biological connection} this added even more reasons for disliking Jordan. No problem with that; I felt the same way.

It was predictable when she realized Jordan was involved with Nephew #2 Curtis, she wouldn't like it. After telling both of them separately and together how she felt it should have been the end of it but she couldn't let it go. She seldom lets anything go which has lead to people thinking she's a bitter meddling witch. Her purpose now: To meddle, give her opinion whether wanted or not, try to rectify everyone else's mistakes, and look down her nose at the people who don't meet her lofty rigid standards.

Let's not forget she doesn't even meet her own "lofty rigid standards". Who stood by and let Jordan take the blame for not mailing those divorce documents all those months ago...Stella, thy name is Hypocrite.

You may have mentioned this, but Stella kept the truth about Curtis's father all those years.

Esteemed Contributor

I just watched Friday's episode this morning. You mean to tell me that Victor had the evidence that would have exonerated Trina all along and put Esme in prison where she belongs and he said Nothing? He knew how Spencer felt about Trina. Good grief. That scoundrel was omni present in everyone's lives, controlling it like a puppet master. They might as well bring in a wizard in the storyline to wave a wand.  It just stretches credulity on a daily basis. Shouldn't the scripts have a minimal connection to reality?

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

You may have mentioned this, but Stella kept the truth about Curtis's father all those years.

@RainCityWoman   nope I didn't. Thank you. Additional proof that "Auntie" isn't the phenomenal woman she would like All to think she is.

BIG shout out to the late Maya Angelou for Phenomenal Woman.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Super Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort   Positive thoughts and prayer going your way for a smooth, successful, surgery and a quick recovery. Will miss your enjoyable posts during your time away.

Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers Undeniable Feelings And Misgivings

Rachel Dillin

Find out about the GH drama happening in Port Charles this week.

general hospital weekly update spoilers

Monday, June 5, 2023

Josslyn can’t deny her feelings.
Carly has a realization.
Trina is shocked.
Portia gets a happy surprise.
Brook Lynn and Chase celebrate.

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Willow receives encouragement.
Lucy praises Maxie.
Curtis advises Drew.
Brook Lynn voices her misgivings.
Kevin is supportive of Laura.

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Elizabeth gets good news.
Sonny and Valentin meet.
Drew consults with his attorney.
Martin reassures Nina.
Carly makes a big decision.

Thursday, June 8, 2023

Carly makes a request.
Josslyn implores Dex.
Dante is concerned.
Anna receives support.
Tracy lobbies an accusation.

Friday, June 9, 2023

Sonny and Nina are interrupted.
Finn questions Tracy’s story.
Austin cautions Ava.
TJ assesses a patient.
Chase is caught off-guard.

Honored Contributor

The Scoop: GH previews, teasers, and spoilers for the Week of June 5

Martin eases Nina's fears

General Hospital Scoop: Martin eases Nina's fears (Spoilers for the week of June 5, 2023 on GH)

A sneak peek at some of the action that will take place on GH during the week of June 5, 2023.

Josslyn bares her soul

Josslyn makes an appeal to Dex

Carly chooses a path

Carly asks for a favor

Drew gets some advice from Curtis

Drew talks to his attorney

Trina is left stunned

Portia is over the moon

Brook Lynn and Chase celebrate their reconciliation

Brook Lynn admits that she has concerns

Chase is surprised

Lucy applauds Maxie

Laura gets support from Kevin

Elizabeth receives a bit of good news

Sonny and Valentin discuss recent developments

Martin eases Nina's

Sonny and Nina are waylaid

Dante has concerns

Anna is reminded that she's not alone

Tracy lashes out with an accusation

Finn has questions for Tracy

Austin advises Ava to tread with caution

T.J. examines a patient

Esteemed Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort I will be thinking about you tomorrow, you've got this girl.
Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort , sending positive thoughts and prayers to you for comfort and healing tomorrow and after,  until we hear from you again. We will miss you. Stay strong.🙏

~H~
Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort   praying that your surgery will be successful. Your pain will be minimum and your recovery will be swift and complete.

praying you feel better soon - PicMix

Reminder to All:

Remember @mysoutherncomfort's request from her post on 06-01-2023 07:33 PM CT. Please and thank you.

Respected Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

I did get a chuckle when Ava called Austin "Dr. GH".  As for scummy Cuz' Mason, the actor does look the part...type casting.

I caught that too, @mysoutherncomfort 

It made me chuckle! 

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it