Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ June 2023 ~ Spoilers Included

@Coquille wrote:

@mysoutherncomfort  Just walked in and thought I'd stop by to see how everyone is, since it's the weekend. 

I just started praying for you and I will continue to do so. That's great that the dr. says it will end well but any hospital stay, SUCKS (again crass but this situation calls for it!

Sending you enveloping hugs and kisses along with my prayers and positivity!🙏

Let us know how you are as soon as you feel like it. We'll be waiting for your wonderful humor! That will get you through anything. 

Do whatever you want and spoil yourself this weekend! YOU DESERVE IT! 

Feeling the hugs from you and everyone.  Funny about this weekend.  On Sunday,  I plan to really clean the house.  Those dust bunnies keep building new castles in the sky...I think one segment is building a gymnasium.  (It's the ones that hide behind and under furniture, etc).  Hospital stays, in general, really do SUCK.  But at least this time my DH will be able to visit me, unlike in 2020 during Covid lockdowns.  :heart:

Respected Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

Hello June everyone! Hope you all have a great month!  Thank you @Tique for the thread every month and keeping the fun alive.

My brother's been doing well - he's gained some weight!  He was 96 lbs when he left rehab 3 weeks ago and today he weighed in at 103 lbs. I know it doesn't seem like a lot but I'm thrilled he's gaining weight which means he will get stronger too. 

Take care, love to all of you and have a great weekend.

Wonderful news and yes it is a lot.  Continuing prayers and positive thoughts for the both of you and for his comeback recovery.

Esteemed Contributor

@GinaV24. Wonderful news about your brother!!!  Any and every improvement is a huge win for both of you.  Of course, prayers and good wishes will continue.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

...Oh and @Tique please do try to find that post about Mr. Bernard's book, There's Nothing General About It.  Fortunately it belonged to my public library and therefore I didn't have to waste money buying a copy...whew!

@mysoutherncomfort  Found it. Sent you a notification. It's still funny. I love when humor holds up over time.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

@Coquille. I'm ok, taking one day at a time.  Not much I can do.  Your boyfriend finally ventured outside today, the hottest day of the week.  He sat under the umbrella for a bit and complained about the heat.  But, at least he was out of his recliner!!!  I'll take any positives I can get.  I hope you and your family are well and ready to enjoy the summer.

As for GH, I count on this site to keep me informed.   Watching seems more like a chore,  especially now that the MC pool is open.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. 

Respected Contributor

@grandma r  Was waiting to hear from you.  One day, then another, then another Thank God! As long as you're basically ok, that's all we can ask. 4 steps forward, then 3 steps back. As long as we can take the steps, even with the bad times, we're still ahead of the game. You, of all people know that. It's not easy, it's not fair but it's life and we push ahead! 

As far as my boyfriend, YAY! Figures he'd go out today but as you said, he's out if the chair.

Were all ok. You know, always something but.....

GH, I stopped watching in real time mostly and taped. Recently tried real time again but so tiresome. Going back to taping.

Well, i'm glad to hear things are stable. Let's try and keep it that way, if not a lot batter!🙏

I hope everyone in your family is doing better and well.🙏

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

- Best or worst storylines; OK, so it's not really a S/L.  My question to the writers/Frank is .... what is the purpose of Auntie Stella?  Seriously, the actress is delivering her lines as written...but what is her purpose on GH?  She comes, she pontificates, she leaves, she returns, she asks for forgiveness, more pontificating...what is the purpose of this character?...

@mysoutherncomfort   I was a bit confused because this didn't have anything to do with Ava which was the QOTM "Best or worst storylines". Moving on...I will respond to your question with my thoughts. 

When the character of Stella first appeared she actually did have a purpose; it's different than her purpose three six years later. In addition to giving Curtis an older supposedly wiser family member, she was a friend and source of support to Mike and his family after his diagnosis. She also tried to prepare TJ for the issues he would face while being in an interracial couple but she never waived in her support. Vernee Watson, the actress who plays Stella is in her early-70s. Some of my friends and family are in same age group. For me she's never stood out but I admired her acting abilities.

Stella and Jordan always had a contentious relationship which was understandable because Jordan had been married to one of her nephews, Tommy, while having an affair with that nephew's best friend which resulted in TJ. When Stella accidentally found out TJ was not Tommy's son [which meant she and TJ have no biological connection} this added even more reasons for disliking Jordan. No problem with that; I felt the same way.

It was predictable when she realized Jordan was involved with Nephew #2 Curtis, she wouldn't like it. After telling both of them separately and together how she felt it should have been the end of it but she couldn't let it go. She seldom lets anything go which has lead to people thinking she's a bitter meddling witch. Her purpose now: To meddle, give her opinion whether wanted or not, try to rectify everyone else's mistakes, and look down her nose at the people who don't meet her lofty rigid standards.

Let's not forget she doesn't even meet her own "lofty rigid standards". Who stood by and let Jordan take the blame for not mailing those divorce documents all those months ago...Stella, thy name is Hypocrite.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

Thank you @Tique for your thoughts on Auntie Stella.  I recall her entrance to GH.  I believe she was working as a social worker (during her initial appearances) helping Sonny etal cope with Mike's diagnosis of Alzheimer's Disease.  Sad that her character had to degrade into a meddling, hypocritical, judgmental, finger-wagging biddy. (I won't say old since I am in the same age group.)

Speaking of hypocrites, good grief Curtis, what are you doing?  Thanks for realizing (way too late) that you did not give your marriage to Jordan a fair chance.  Boom, out the door you went.  I hope Jordan does stick to her guns and really let go of Curtis and move along.  And Curtis, get some counseling for heavens sake.  Work on your marriage (and your self), or just end it.  Rant over.

Respected Contributor

I did get a chuckle when Ava called Austin "Dr. GH".  As for scummy Cuz' Mason, the actor does look the part...type casting.

Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort 

My chuckle was when Martin was alone with Anna...and was talking to her  there was a hint of a southern accent befor they had wsb(?)..guy was called back into the room!

Josh needs to wake up and not stick her business in her moms or Sonny's !!!SMH!...hope she gets knocked "down "  (not to be confused with being knocked upSmiley LOL )       a peg or to by someone!Smiley Very Happy

Now what will Carly  do?..

me. i would have taken that evidence thing  from him and smashed it....no evidence against Sonny then.

I know some of you will disagree with me  ...lol!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."