Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ June 2023 ~ Spoilers Included

Honestly you guys are the best.  I love how we look out for each other and have each others backs.  Hmmm, that sounds like a family.  No one here or anywhere knows about my surgery and hopefully, I'll keep it that way (except DH, of course).  

Please consider this post a big hug from me to you for the support I need at this time.

Oh and @Tique please do try to find that post about Mr. Bernard's book, There's Nothing General About It.  Fortunately it belonged to my public library and therefore I didn't have to waste money buying a copy...whew!

Trusted Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort  Sending prayers now and will continue to do so. Wishing you a speedy recovery and future good health.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Trusted Contributor

QOTM What sticks in my mind about Ava is when she was wearing that mask after she was burned. I kept on expecting her to burst into "The Music of the Night."

Am I mistaken or did Spencer wear that same style mask as a child after he was burnt too?

I really enjoy any scenes with her, as so far she can hold her own with anyone-and wipe up the floor with most of her scene mates-except Carly. Those are two strong women. It is too bad that their powers are not more often used for good. But that would probably make them boring.

I think perhaps Madame Wu might be a formidable adversary for Ava-or perhaps the two of them together could take over the world.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Respected Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort  Just walked in and thought I'd stop by to see how everyone is, since it's the weekend. 

I just started praying for you and I will continue to do so. That's great that the dr. says it will end well but any hospital stay, SUCKS (again crass but this situation calls for it!

Sending you enveloping hugs and kisses along with my prayers and positivity!🙏

Let us know how you are as soon as you feel like it. We'll be waiting for your wonderful humor! That will get you through anything. 

Do whatever you want and spoil yourself this weekend! YOU DESERVE IT! 

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Esteemed Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

Not sure if anyone posted about this in May thread, but I read a blurb online yesterday that Tyler Christopher (ex-Nicolas) was arrested at LAX for public intoxication.  I didnt really understand bc he was found sleeping on the floor in the airport.  I have been known to sleep in airports also!  I do not usually sleep on the floor, but I didnt know it was a crime to do so...

I think I have read previously that he has had a long history with alcohol. In fact, I think he was fired from another soap job due to alcohol. How sad.

Esteemed Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

- Best or worst storylines; OK, so it's not really a S/L.  My question to the writers/Frank is .... what is the purpose of Auntie Stella?  Seriously, the actress is delivering her lines as written...but what is her purpose on GH?  She comes, she pontificates, she leaves, she returns, she asks for forgiveness, more pontificating...what is the purpose of this character?

Anyone surprised that Valentin offered and is going to Russia with Laura to check out if Nik is there?  Naw, didn't think so.

And Anna/WSB/double agent:  Give me a break.  Ancient history.  Who in the public really cares about Anna and her past going back 40 years or so?  Frankly, I didn't know that Anna was still a WSB agent.  She just seemingly went out on her own for this cause or that cause.  No assignment from the WSB.  

Would someone tell me when Laura fulfills her duties as Mayor?  She has been in absentsia more than she has been there. There was the long stint when she and Martin were in hiding; then she was in Greenland; now Chechnia, and I am sure I am forgetting more times she was not present. Do voters just ignore that each election?

Esteemed Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

Been thinking about this and decided to share:  I'll be in surgery on Monday morning for a malignant nodual that needs to be removed along with a couple of lymph nodes.  Found by accident during a CT scan for another issue. Surgeon is optimistic all will end well. Expecting at this time about 3 days in hospital; recuperate at home.

If y'all have a moment on Monday morning, I would appreciate a prayer and/or positive thoughts.  Thank you in advance.  Love, @mysoutherncomfort.

Positive wishes for your complete recovery. Take care.

Esteemed Contributor

Hello June everyone! Hope you all have a great month!  Thank you @Tique for the thread every month and keeping the fun alive.

My brother's been doing well - he's gained some weight!  He was 96 lbs when he left rehab 3 weeks ago and today he weighed in at 103 lbs. I know it doesn't seem like a lot but I'm thrilled he's gaining weight which means he will get stronger too. 

Take care, love to all of you and have a great weekend.

Respected Contributor

@grandma r   Had to run right after I posted . Now, how are you doing?. Feeling ok? How's my boyfriend? With such a beautiful day, is he still tied to the chair?  

Have a great weekend and please do something good for yourself! Maybe, just a little, short, dainty 💃

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

@abbalulu wrote:

@mysoutherncomfort  Sending prayers now and will continue to do so. Wishing you a speedy recovery and future good health.

Sincere thanks.