Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ June 2022 ~ Spoilers Included

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

I have a question which until now did not compute in my tiny grey cells....

Trina Robinson. 

We all know the background of (Portia/Taggert/Curtis).  Trina was conceived and born while Portia Robinson was married to Marcus Taggert and that is her (ahem) bio mom and dad according to current s/l.  That said, why is she Trina Robinson; rather than Trina Taggert?

Great question, @mysoutherncomfort .  I have no idea, but MAYBE bc of Taggert's line of work at that time??  Or bc Portia KNEW who her Daddy was! 

Anyone know why for real?

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Speaking of Katherine, anyone want to bet Cody is her son? Same last name if I remember right.

And can someone tell me why Spawnette is perched for a dive and the bat doesn't take her out? Roxy would have given her a shove, just sayin. 

I am drawing a blank here. Katherine? What was Cody's last name. Senior moment.

@RainCityWoman I am having a difficult time with Noah from Genoa City as Mikey right now. I keep forgetting which soap I am actually watching these days with the merry go round of soap actors. I keep waiting for Nick and Sharon to come talk to their son.  

I will take anyone in place of CD !!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@redwingsgal wrote:

@mysoutherncomfort wrote

:..That said, why is she Trina Robinson; rather than Trina Taggert?

Great question, @mysoutherncomfort .  I have no idea, but MAYBE bc of Taggert's line of work at that time??  Or bc Portia KNEW who her Daddy was! 

@redwingsgal   I don't know how we would know whether we are right or not. Since it's never been addressed this is all speculation. I have my thoughts.

@redwingsgal wrote:

@redwingsgal  on that we do agree. Sorry he's back.

Additional observations on Michael. Why is the Dense One telling everyone he's out to get Sonny. This is another example of why he shouldn't be in charge of anything more complex than a daycare center. I think an unexpected attack is best rather than a strike when the target is waiting for you. This has the potential of being my favorite story of the summer - watching Michael get crushed or worse.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

Spoilers Preview

The weekly preview also shows a scene between Sonny and Dex. Sonny just hired Dex but not everyone in Port Charles is convinced he’s who he appears. Sonny has an explosive conversation with his new hire.

In the preview, Sonny screams that if he touches his kids, then he will kill Dex himself. Oh for joy, Sonny does what he does best...scream, threaten, phumpher, bluster...Can hardly wait. :womantongue:

Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote: Additional thoughts about Michael. Why is the Dense One (DO) telling everyone he's out to get Sonny. This is another example of why he shouldn't be in charge of anything more complex than a daycare center. Must disagree here.  No, not a daycare center; innocent children left to the discretion of the DO.  Heavens no.  I was thinking more along the lines of pool cleaner at the Metro Court without any humans around to harm.  Hmm, maybe the semi-annual cleaning of the ductwork in the tunnels/catacombs at Windemere?

I think an unexpected attack is best rather than a strike when the target is waiting for you. This is logical and correct, but then again, this is Mikey.

This has the potential of being my favorite story of the summer - watching Michael get crushed or worse.  Hopefully, Mikey the DO, will learn a valuable lesson this summer...don't play with the big, bad boys in the big, bad, overgrown pond or else...............hope you're right!!

Super Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

This has the potential of being my favorite story of the summer - watching Michael get crushed or worse.  Hopefully, Mikey the DO, will learn a valuable lesson this summer...don't play with the big, bad boys in the big, bad, overgrown pond or else...............hope you're right!! 

THIS!  Not a fan of Michael at the moment, either. Sonny needs to take him down a few notches.

Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@redwingsgal wrote:

@mysoutherncomfort wrote

:..That said, why is she Trina Robinson; rather than Trina Taggert?

@redwingsgal   I don't know how we would know whether we are right or not. Since it's never been addressed this is all speculation. I have my thoughts.

@redwingsgal wrote:

@redwingsgal  on that we do agree. Sorry he's back.

Additional observations on Michael. Why is the Dense One telling everyone he's out to get Sonny. This is another example of why he shouldn't be in charge of anything more complex than a daycare center. I think an unexpected attack is best rather than a strike when the target is waiting for you. This has the potential of being my favorite story of the summer - watching Michael get crushed or worse.

By the way, why is he still keeping the Corinthos name? Sonny is NOT his biological father. M is supposedly the head of ELQ, but doesn't have the name and never really did. Sonny murdered AJ Quartermaine, the biological father who was gas lighted and set up by both Sonny and Carly when Michael was very young, and then later when AJ fathered a child and wasn't told. Shouldn't Michael be once again changing his name?

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder how the writers are going to rewrite Liz's history now? She and her sister were raised by parents who were in something like Doctors Without Borders. They sent both of them to live with grand parents in Port Charles. Liz was a schemer when she first came to PC. She was raped in the park the night of the school dance. Lucky found her. Their love story evolved until I believe Lucky was kidnapped and presumed dead after I think a fire. Helena was involved. When Lucky returned from the dead (familiar theme), things never quite worked out for them again. Liz was an artist and had her own studio. She took care of Jason there when he was shot and in hiding. There were other romances along the way. There was a child hit by a car and presumed dead only to return from the dead to Liz. Helena again. I mean her life has been a lot of traumas, but never during the course of her time on GH have they ever alluded to something weird going on with her parents until this year. 

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I wonder how the writers are going to rewrite Liz's history now? 

...I mean her life has been a lot of traumas, but never during the course of her time on GH have they ever alluded to something weird going on with her parents until this year. 

At the end of April when I wrote the statement below for the OP of the May thread I was shocked these intermittent mentions of Jeff Webber have been going on for over a year. I don't think it was a coincidence that on Memorial Day GH re-aired the episode when Violet asked about her grandfather after she saw a picture of him and later Elizabeth tore up that picture. We seem to be heading for the recovery of a repressed memory of some kind of childhood abuse. If so I wish they wouldn't go there.

@Tique wrote:

...Here's a recap of some things that happened last May. 

•  Jeff Webber's name continued to be mentioned leaving the soap sites and some who post on this thread to speculate that Elizabeth's father would be returning soon...

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I wonder how the writers are going to rewrite Liz's history now? 

...I mean her life has been a lot of traumas, but never during the course of her time on GH have they ever alluded to something weird going on with her parents until this year. 

At the end of April when I wrote the statement below for the OP of the May thread I was shocked these intermittent mentions of Jeff Webber have been going on for over a year. I don't think it was a coincidence that on Memorial Day GH re-aired the episode when Violet asked about her grandfather after she saw a picture of him and later Elizabeth tore up that picture. We seem to be heading for the recovery of a repressed memory of some kind of childhood abuse. If so I wish they wouldn't go there.

@Tique wrote:

...Here's a recap of some things that happened last May. 

•  Jeff Webber's name continued to be mentioned leaving the soap sites and some who post on this thread to speculate that Elizabeth's father would be returning soon...

Wasn't he married to a very young Heather Webber at one point, or was that another Webber?