Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ June 2022 ~ Spoilers Included

@RainCityWoman 

Don't forget TJ also becoming a doctor, Alexis daughter studying to become a lawyer,and Esme??

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman What's wrong with referencing the fact that teachers have this time of the year off if they don't teach summer school? Nurses don't. That was the sole observation. Having been a teacher at one point in my working life, it's a completely different work experience than the usual grind.  

And I went back and got a pharmacy license at 48. The only thing holding back older workers from being their best working selves is bad attitudes towards those of us trying to better ourselves and get into careers that fulfill us.

We deserve the same career opportunities as everyone else and, if we invest in ourselves to do it, the only thing that is daunting is when you do accomplish it no one will give you a chance to pursue it because of your age. 

Look at that! In one post, I became NLG. Gave GH a storyline for her ridiculous paper right off the Q board. Frankie baby, pay me!   

Respected Contributor

So now we know that Willow is in the "family way".  I throw this comment out to Frank and the gang, please, please don't go down the road (yet again) of "something is wrong with the baby"....blah, blah.  Enter donor bio Granny Nina.  Or will it be Willow's life which would affect said baby?

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@RainCityWoman What's wrong with referencing the fact that teachers have this time of the year off if they don't teach summer school? Nurses don't. That was the sole observation. Having been a teacher at one point in my working life, it's a completely different work experience than the usual grind.  

And I went back and got a pharmacy license at 48. The only thing holding back older workers from being their best working selves is bad attitudes towards those of us trying to better ourselves and get into careers that fulfill us.

We deserve the same career opportunities as everyone else and, if we invest in ourselves to do it, the only thing that is daunting is when you do accomplish it no one will give you a chance to pursue it because of your age. 

Look at that! In one post, I became NLG. Gave GH a storyline for her ridiculous paper right off the Q board. Frankie baby, pay me!   

Looks like I hit a nerve, unintentionally. I apologize. There was a huge personal reason that I reacted to the "teacher's hours" comment though I said I'd ignore it. Now I'm forced to say more.  I've heard comments like that about the teaching profession for 30 years. Apparently people think teaching is not a demanding job, that our "usual grind" is somehow not equavalent to other jobs. By the way, I never got 3 months off for summer....more like 6 weeks, not unlike other professional jobs only without the big bucks.  I also put in an extended work day, worked on my job evenings and weekends, and continued to go to college to meet professional requirements. I was told teachers get paid for not working over the summer. Not true. We had our pay checks deducted a certain amount during the school year  to help the school district tax wise. The summer pay was owed to us for work already done. I'm not going to go into some of the realities of the public school classroom today as some of it has come to a head recently in the news. 

At any rate, I admire you for going back for a pharmacy degree at 48. My best friend was a hospital pharmacst. It WAS a 5 year program, plus an internship, but I think now they want a doctorate. She got paid big bucks and got a lot of vacations, but she worked very hard  as well and on many different shifts that kept changing. So good on you for your accomplishments.I certainly didn't mean to offend you, I was offended as well.

Back to Epiphany, though. She's a head nurse. She is starting very late to do doctor's hours, internships, and residency, not to mention the cost of Med school.  Quite frankly I would wonder if this were a real story, would she have the health and the stamina to complete a grueling career in medicine. I am not sure why they are even going with this story when there are so many story lines all over the place that have yet to be concluded. And as I mentioned, just like all the others who embark on  demanding careers on GH, they become licensed over night. That was my main point. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

So now we know that Willow is in the "family way".  I throw this comment out to Frank and the gang, please, please don't go down the road (yet again) of "something is wrong with the baby"....blah, blah.  Enter donor bio Granny Nina.  Or will it be Willow's life which would affect said baby?

You mean for over 4 months she hadno inkling she might be pregnant? I mean, there ARE clues, and this isn't her first child. I think she probably has something else wrong with her as well. But silly me.

Honored Contributor

From April 2021 when it was also mentioned that TJ suddenly became a doctor.

@Tique wrote:

...disagree with you on this one. TJ has been studying for a while. He was even up for a fellowship that KiKi got because Bensch the doctor who sexually harassed her made sure she got it. That was in 2017 so he's been at this a while.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Willow’s Pregnancy Shocker Seems Unreal

Hope Campbell

GH Spoilers: Willow's Pregnancy Shocker Seems Unreal

GH spoilers for Thursday reveal big news, poolside surprises, complicated schemes, and so much more.

Willow Has News For Michael

For some reason no one thought to order a pregnancy test on Willow when she passed out the first time and in three months, Willow never suspected she could be pregnant, so is that what has been causing her problems?

Either way, Willow is stunned, to say the least, and doesn’t quite know what to say when she tries to tell Michael the news — after he has a long talk with Sasha. They didn’t plan this, but they love being parents, right? Would this also make Willow want to know her family history? Would this also make them tell Sasha the news, prompting a bit of a meltdown later on?

A New ‘Friend’ For Esme?

Esme Prince and Officer Rory Cabrera meet up at the Metro Court pool and she tries to flirt with him, telling Rory that if she was a cop, she would pull him over. How will Rory take to this girl that Trina Robinson hates so much?

Spencer Cassadine continues his quest to bring down Esme and help Trina by going to Brad Cooper for assistance. When Britt sees him, she warns Spencer he better not be up to anything after the encounter they had about those pills a few weeks ago.

Sam Wants Answers

Even more action takes place at that busy pool when Cody Bell wonders if Dante told Sam the news. He is staying in town. Sam is also interested in what Spinelli is up to and she suspects he might have an interesting connection to Cody. Will she finally figure out what Spinelli has been up to?

Honored Contributor

Knew Willow was pregnant the first time she keeled over. Said so months ago. Just waiting on the writers to come down from their highs and remember they went there. 

And since when does Olivia not have first right to buy out Carly? Standard in most partnership agreements but the cannabis crew didn't remember that detail either. 

And I was laughing my butt off over Scotty as marriage material. Let's see: Heather Webber, Streudel, Logan's mom who lived in a trailer park... If he was a girl, he'd already be in self-esteem class. In the words of a famous psychologist, who has he turned down? What a steep fall from Laura although this marriage ceremony will be top three along with Sean and Tiffany and Alan and Lucy. Britt as a flower girl has possibilities too.

Olivia needs to get over herself. Since when do non-employees get a vote in boardroom meetings? If I had a dime for every wife or husband who showed up in the conference room with a baby on their hip and slippers to give their two cents, I'd own Pluto. 

Just throwing this out there because I was bored to tears but if Carly would like to swing around a pole for her hotel money, my interest would be piqued. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Yesterday when Olivia and Ned were "discussing" ELQ, Leo came in upset.  They chatted and Olivia mentioned to their son that he can always come to me or "Ned". She used Ned's name twice to their son...why Ned and not your dad, etc.  Just sayin.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

Yesterday when Olivia and Ned were "discussing" ELQ, Leo came in upset.  They chatted and Olivia mentioned to their son that he can always come to me or "Ned". She used Ned's name twice to their son...why Ned and not your dad, etc.  Just sayin.....

@mysoutherncomfort   we both know making something legal and official is very different than making that leap emotionally. The fact that Olivia started that process and then halted it for such a long period of time makes me think she's still not emotionally "there" with Ned being "her son's" father.

@Laura14  Congratulations at making a major decision to change your career [at what some. Not me.] would consider a later age.  Being personal here: I was surprised at the age you gave because I didn't think you had reached that age now. ❤️

As far as Willow's pregnancy, it will be interesting to see if they say how many months she is. She could be pregnant now and not have been three months ago. If she is and if she was I question her new profession. If she's this cavalier about her own health - not noticing missed periods, not eating, not paying attention to her body telling her something is wrong via fainting/losing consciousness - one should be somewhat leery of her ability to help others, specifically in a hospital setting.