Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ June 2022 ~ Spoilers Included

@shoechic wrote:

...@Tique I copied it from the previous thread so we didn't bump up the old thread with me replying "yes it's okay". Also, what do you mean in your original msg when you said "upcoming changes are inevitable"?

@shoechic  thank you. Thank you again. The first one is for bringing your post here. The second one is for reading the original post. I am never sure how many people read it because it is always so-o-o-o-o long. Even by my standards.

To answer your question: The show has changed. The number of people watching and participating in the threads is changing. The direction of the thread is also due for a change. Stand by...

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

Whoopsie.  I posted my thoughts about yesterday's show on the May thread.  They weren't groundbreaking thoughts.  LOL

To answer the questions, I think my favorite May sweep's (if you can call it a sweeps) moment was Harmony being killed.  Yes that sounds harsh but  there really was no purpose for her to be on the show. 

I really wish the Esme/Trina/Spencer, etc.  mess would have come to a close.  I'm over it already.

My prediction is that Nina doesn't get visitation with Wiley.  What will make that even worse is the fact that Nina is Willow's mom so Carly is keeping not only Wiley from his grandmother but Willow from her mother, regardless of how they feel about each other.  When the truth comes out, I wonder if Michael will feel about Carly the way he feels about Sonny.  My guess is they will all have a justification as to why it was okay for Carly to keep her little secret.     

Honored Contributor

On another note unrelated to the show, I am starting a new job in a couple of weeks.  I will no longer be able to post on the board except for evenings.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

On another note unrelated to the show, I am starting a new job in a couple of weeks.  I will no longer be able to post on the board except for evenings.  Smiley Sad

@Lipstickdiva   Congratulations My Friend. I hope you get a little more "you" time with this new job. It seems like you have been working almost nonstop since the Pandemic began. 

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva   Congratulations My Friend. I hope you get a little more "you" time with this new job. It seems like you have been working almost nonstop since the Pandemic began. 

Same here, @Lipstickdiva .  I started my new job almost three months ago, I can only post in evenings or during lunch (which is right now)

But I love my new job !!!

Good Luck, my friend!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

To answer TQOTM:

My fav May sweeps was when Terri and Chet "accidentally" hooked up !  I think that was in May-correct me if I am wrong.  I read here he is leaving Cali so I suppose he will take the job in Chicago...dang

The worst May sweeps is anything to do with Sonny, Carly, Nina, Milquetoast or Whiney.

The only ones I like are Carly (the actress, not the character) and Nina-I KNOW- No one here agrees with me, but I do like her

Other than that, I got nuthin

Lunch is about over, back to work!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique. Thanks so much for keeping us moving forward.  I will raise a glass to our dear Preds any time at all.  As for May sweeps....did it actually gappen??? 

So many unnecessary characters as well as horribly written s/ls.  Nik is being written as an incredibly stupid man.  Uncle Sheffy had better knock some sense into that vacuum between Nik's ears.  As for spawnie......aggressive,  over the top, and already been done.  

As I've said before, Ryan should have stayed dead!  Absolutely nothing even remotely interesting about this concocted s/l.  I read somewhere that the writers are considering not making Felicia her mother.  Well, duh; the timeline certainly doesn't add up!!!!  As if that would stop them.  Anyway, I read that they are toying with the idea of Livvie being spawnie's Mom and Kevin her grandfather.   Sure....not far fetched at all.

The society thing was a joke.  Is this really the best way to use extra characters????

I wish all who are starting new jobs or other adventures all the best.  Congratulations.   In addition, I hope all are well or on the mend.  Prayers and hugs for anyone in need.

Oops, almost forgot.  I am hoping that once this farce of a hearing is over, Ninny will leave to heal her ego.  Hopefully, she'll have an extended trip off camera.

Almost time for GH here, but, nap time is calling.

Super Contributor

The instant Ninny found out Nelle was her daughter, she expressed this deep, profound, love for her. The instant she found out Wiley was her grandson she declared her deep love for him. as though she actually  knew him. Did she even know him?  Had she ever even seen or been around him?

Wonder how it will go over when Ninny finds out that Willow is her daughter. Instant love after all the insults, threats, battles, etc.?  Love that Willow mentioned mental & mean heredity when she pointed out like mother, like daughter (Ninny & Nelle). But, as their daughter/sister, she's in that same category. Will be interesting - or at least I hope the writers do the right thing and make it interesting.

I'm not knocking love for our children or grandchildren here, just making a point about Ninny.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Whoopsie.  I posted my thoughts about yesterday's show on the May thread.  They weren't groundbreaking thoughts.  LOL

To answer the questions, I think my favorite May sweep's (if you can call it a sweeps) moment was Harmony being killed.  Yes that sounds harsh but  there really was no purpose for her to be on the show. 

I really wish the Esme/Trina/Spencer, etc.  mess would have come to a close.  I'm over it already.

My prediction is that Nina doesn't get visitation with Wiley.  What will make that even worse is the fact that Nina is Willow's mom so Carly is keeping not only Wiley from his grandmother but Willow from her mother, regardless of how they feel about each other.  When the truth comes out, I wonder if Michael will feel about Carly the way he feels about Sonny.  My guess is they will all have a justification as to why it was okay for Carly to keep her little secret.     

Well, Mikey got over the fact that she gas lighted his bio father and kept knowledge of his son from AJ for years. He also forgave Sonny not only for murdering AJ, but also for his mafia tactics to keep him away from Michael. Carly and Sonny go through life living by their own rules, but expect everyone else to live by a different set. Michael, in my opinion is an over indulged, coddled loser who doesn't even earn the living he is supposed to be making. And then there's Willow, Ms Put Upon Innocence. The truth is, outside of outlandish plots here, there probably ARE people like these characters in the real world. Do they ever get their comeuppance?
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Tique thank you so much.  I think this is going to be a good change for me.  My work load where I am now was overwhelming and while they knew I was overloaded, they offered no relief.