Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ June 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

The July thread is up.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@DLew wrote:

...July 1 Happy Third Anniversary to @Tique! For three fabulous years you have been starting the entertaining and informative thread about the show we sometimes love to hate. Thank you for all you do. We love you!

@DLew  thank you. 🧡

Honored Contributor

@Zernia Rose wrote:

@DLew  Soaps have always dealt with "social issues."  Think about issues such as pregnancy termination, drugs, prostituition, adultery, homelessness, unemployment, AIDs, and on and on that have been major plots, e.g Karen as a housewife prostitute on One Life to Live, pimps and prostitutes on All My Children, drug addiction on General Hospital along with physical abuse among teens.  Perhaps it's the focus of the current social issue that bothers you.

The relationships among Jason, Sonny, and Carly have always been one-sided and required Jason to sacrifice too much for two of the most selfish characters. Britt brings out  feelings and actions in Jason such as joy, laughter, tenderness, and caring in a way that makes him vulnerable and less robotic.  Perhaps the only couple with a chance for happiness, at least for a while, might be Brando and Sasha.

@Zernia Rose  I want to bring your post to the July thread but since we are not familiar with each other I didn't want to create bad feelings. Would you mind reposting it in the new thread or would you give me permission to do so? My reason is many people don't return to the previous month's thread after the new one is up. Your post deserves to be read. Thank you in advance.

Trusted Contributor

@Tique  You may post my comments in this month's forum.  I think some want print and electronic forms of media devoid of everyday issues that make them uncomfortable. Even comedy tackles hard issues.  General Hosputal's Nurses' Ball has been immensely helpful in de-stigmatizing AIDS.

Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

RIP, Stuart.  Alan/Monica/Leslie...those were the days IMO of afternoon "escapism".

@mysoutherncomfort  👏👏👏👏

Did he die? I hadn't heard that.

Yes, he did.