Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ June 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Kabella  I agree about Nik and Ava. I adored the couple but recently they're writing him as being virtually juvenile and unable to see past his own point of view. I've liked this actor to this point but given the direction they seem to be taking the character, I sometimes wonder if he's up to the part. 

I have liked Marcus Coloma since he arrived and continue to like him. He is facing the same thing that many of the GH actors are. They have to deliver this subpar dialogue we have said frequently wouldn't be adequate for college production. I'm "iffy" about high school some days.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Kabella  I agree about Nik and Ava. I adored the couple but recently they're writing him as being virtually juvenile and unable to see past his own point of view. I've liked this actor to this point but given the direction they seem to be taking the character, I sometimes wonder if he's up to the part. 

I have liked Marcus Coloma since he arrived and continue to like him. He is facing the same thing that many of the GH actors are. They have to deliver this subpar dialogue we have said frequently wouldn't be adequate for college production. I'm "iffy" about high school some days.

I would agree with you @Tique but also point out that some of the actors somehow manage the task, embarrassing though it might be, better than do others... Woman Wink I like him too and believe me, I'm not yet advocating for a recast, at least not for him... I far prefer him to the actor most viewers considered the 'gold standard' but for whom I never cared...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

One of the soap sites is picking their "dream" Daytime Emmy winners. I only included the GH winners.

These are not real. It's a joke...

GH Nina broken hecklace screenshot

Outstanding Use of Incredibly Cheap Jewelry

Super Contributor

I just read on CDL that Camderon Mattison is coming on as Drew Cain and that Peter is not dead and will be returning to go head to head with Drew.  Not sure if true or not but interesting to think about. 

Respected Contributor

@Wiskota wrote:

I just read on CDL that Camderon Mattison is coming on as Drew Cain and that Peter is not dead and will be returning to go head to head with Drew.  Not sure if true or not but interesting to think about. 

NOOOOO!!!  While I look forward to CM coming to PC, he CANNOT replace my Drew!!

Let him be any other character, please!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

This has been on my mind since Maxie decided to name her baby "Louise"

Let me tell you, as if it is not bad enough that my first name is Karen, which up until I became a meme, I have always like my name, but I have been cursed with the middle name of Louise.  I HATE THAT NAME WITH A PASSOION!  I have hated it all my life!  

I hope that when "Bailey" is returned to Maxie, she keeps her name Bailey.

Thanks for letting me rant!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Super Contributor

I agree with you @redwingsgal - I prefer Billy Miller as Drew.  I know some did not care for him but I always liked him - even with Sam.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Every now and then I like to throw a surprise at  @redwingsgal. She won't be expecting this @Wiskota  but I agree with the two of you. If Drew is returning I would also prefer that it be Billy Miller. First of all I want him to get back with Sam so maybe she can quit meddling in everybody else's business and leave Jason alone. Secondly I just don't see Mathison as Drew. Lastly and most important to me I would still like to see Jason and Drew forge a relationship as Oscar requested before he died. How's that for being sentimental...

I don't think CM is going to be taking over the role of Drew. Just as I didn't think he would be taking over as Jeff Webber. 

Respected Contributor

i think we need to tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree, to get Sonny, to come home!!

Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Every now and then I like to throw a surprise at  @redwingsgal. She won't be expecting this @Wiskota  but I agree with the two of you. If Drew is returning I would also prefer that it be Billy Miller. First of all I want him to get back with Sam so maybe she can quit meddling in everybody else's business and leave Jason alone. Secondly I just don't see Mathison as Drew. Lastly and most important to me I would still like to see Jason and Drew forge a relationship as Oscar requested before he died. How's that for being sentimental...

I don't think CM is going to be taking over the role of Drew. Just as I didn't think he would be taking over as Jeff Webber. 

While I like what you said here, @Tique , after I got myself up off the floor (you DID say you would like Billy Miller to return, right?!?!?!)  I DO NOT ever want him with Sam.  NO NO NO!  I agree about the promise to Oscar.  

And as much as I do like CM, he is not Drew.