Frequent Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ June 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

I don't know about the new Nina either. I liked her more at the beginning of her gig as Nina, but I must say, the storyline is so truly horrible I don't know if anyone could do it justice. The writers are the ones who made her talk stupidly to her grandson, it wasn't Cynthia's choice. Again, I think the writing is absurd regarding this storyline.

Stafford, IMO is exactly the same character on Y&R as she was on GH as Nina. I don't see her as having huge range of acting ability.  She is always the same character. (Well, on these two soaps, she is.) I remember laughing when she went back to Y&R and thinking she was just Nina who moved to Genoa City.

Honored Contributor

@spiritoo  Agree with you about Stafford. At the time she came back I was still watching Young and Restless and was sorry to see her return. Her replacement was actually much better.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Repeating myself....when is Peter's rotting..dead body going to be discovered?

There's a lot hanging on it.  Just how long is all of this going to continue?

Even when Mike goes home...I would think his brain is still not working right.

Carly could take her shoe and crack him upside the head...he'd see stars but maybe it would rewind his brain.

I keep telling myself that the whole Peter situation was "handled," and that his body is NOT still festering in the stairwell. 

I think that Finn and Elizabeth will go to where they put Peter and find that he is gone...that way the soap will have him return at some point to create more chaos.....i also don't think Carly would have let GH actually get rid

of Peter

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Nina seems to suffer from an inadequate personality... She just doesn't seem to know the rules of the game or she knows them but ignores them because she's weak and because she doesn't know what else to do... As noted, she is pathetic in many ways, you sort of feel sorry for her and then she goes off the rails, like at Sonny's faux funeral, by staying in Pennsylvania and courting Sonny when she knows it's wrong and her behavior with Wiley... She's her own worst enemy... I never saw the Stafford version but the current version is most likely the product of a combination of ifffy writing and an even more iffy interpretation by the actor... And yes, Carly too is a piece of work, but in this instance, I'll say it again, I hope Carly lays her out flat... Smiley Wink

Stafford played Nina very well from the beginning....when she first came on scene Nina was a bit of a pyscho mess

and Stafford played her well...eventually she fell in love with Franco and they both became better people in the soap.....but she also then developed a strong character (which can at times be similar to Phyllis in Y &R)....but she def played Nina with more "zing" and "style" and would have been much stronger in the role had she remained with GH........

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

This article supports something that @stevieb  has been saying since she joined us.

@BeckiWV  @mysoutherncomfort     you're welcome. I knew you wanted at least one more pic of "the hair".

Maybe next year instead of Mr. Kober being nominated for Outstanding Performance by a Supporting Actor it can be his hair. 🙃 

@Tique thank you for that picture of "the hair", lol. I needed that very much, not!  😅😅😅

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17 wrote:

I think that Finn and Elizabeth will go to where they put Peter and find that he is gone...that way the soap will have him return at some point to create more chaos.....i also don't think Carly would have let GH actually get rid

of Peter

@kelsey17   do you think Laura Wright has that kind of power to dictate to GH/ABC who they can and cannot let go? She's an actress. I've never seen her credited with any Executive title. Maybe you know something I don't.

I wrote a post about this for the April QOTM.

@Tique wrote:

I want to share what influenced the topic for the QOTM: "Heavy Hitters". I keep reading both here and on other sites that Wes Ramsey/Peter has nothing to worry about since he is the Significant Other of Laura Wright/Carly. It's possible and even probable that Laura had something to do with getting Wes in front of whomever makes the casting decisions for GH; however I don't believe for one minute they would keep him if he wasn't producing, i.e. causing controversy and making the viewers either love or hate him.

If you've been reading the GH threads for a month you know I dislike the character of Peter August. From everything I've read about Wes Ramsey he and I could be friends, even good friends. His co-stars including Kirsten Storms/Maxie rave about what a good man he is and what a generous co-star he is. She feels he makes her a better actor. This means Wes is playing a character who is totally different from the man he is and he is playing it to perfection. That's what acting is all about.

While Laura is a heavy hitter, I don't think she has that much influence to get TPTB to keep Mr. Ramsey if he wasn't "bringing it" as Peter. It's an injustice to him/his ability to assume he's being carried because of who he's sleeping with. That's my belief and I doubt it will be changing...

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Will Carly Hand Over Mob Control To Jason?

Diane Brounstein

GH Spoilers: Will Carly Hand Over Mob Control To Jason?

General Hospital spoilers for today reveal an awkward meeting, a long-awaited reunion, frank talk, and so much more.

General Hospital Spoilers Highlights

Michael is forced to endure yet another visit from his mother, who manages to be cordial with Nina. Carly wants answers but so does he. Will she step aside from the business now that Jason’s back? Carly must say something to out Jax’s interference because Nina’s knocking on her ex’s door, asking him what has he done now.

Brook Lynn is honest with Willow and from the looks of the spoilers, Willow is honest right back because BLQ’s agreeing to do a favor for Willow. Will she be the one stuck telling Michael that his newest love plans to marry her ex on his supposed deathbed?

Nearing The End

Speaking of Chase, Finn retreats to his lab to try to save him but it looks like he doesn’t completely avoid his son/brother. Chase knows what he’s up to and he wants him to stop. Has he just met Finn? There’s no way he’ll stop trying to find the answer. If only he would recheck their DNA connection, hmm.

Elsewhere at GH, TJ and Molly  have a joyful reunion with Stella. She’s incredibly happy for them both, but TJ has other things on his mind — first and foremost, he heads out to Pentonville to visit with his father again. But Shawn is worried and suggests that maybe he shouldn’t return.

Trouble Brewing

Could Molly have tagged along? Because her mom, Alexis, fully admits she’s trying to stir things up. She wants to help Shawn gain his freedom since he was wrongfully accused. It makes sense that she’s talking to Molly — one of the newest members of the Port Charles D.A.’s office. But would Molly really not want her to do this?

Stella isn’t done with her family — she is suddenly Team Jordan (Briana Nicole Henry) and is all about fixing her marriage to Curtis (Donnell Turner). She has a hard time understanding how the family could fall apart so quickly after she leaves town for a few minutes. Oh Stella, never leave again!

Oh Stella if you're going to continue to interfere in things that are not your business, exit right. And by the way Curtis is over the age of consent and perfectly capable of deciding when/if he should end his marriage. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

About those spoilers above, looks like yet another week of big time ho hum... Personally, I couldn't care less about any of those stories. The first several are overdue to be wrapped up and the last few should never have been brought up in the first place... I can't recall how many episodes are waiting on my DVR for me to do something with them... You know, either watch them or, more likely, delete them, but it looks like they're about to get another week's worth of company...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What grown adult would have that kind of talk with a child? And then she asks him if she should tell Grandma Carly that Grandpa Sonny is alive.  I am seriously speechless at the stupidity of this.

I still cannot figure out how Nina thinks this is all going to play out.  There will be no saving her once it is found out that Sonny is alive and she has known for so long and never said anything.  

I get that "Sasha" is pregnant in real life but on the show she went from wearing tight jeans and form fitting tops to a baby bump to showing up last week hugely pregnant.  LOL

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED IN MAY:

*  That Jason left Sam in the dust.

THE WORST THING THAT HAPPENED IN MAY:

*  That Sam is still on the show

BEST.  POST.  EVER.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it