Honored Contributor

General Hospital ~ June 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

1,352 BEST "Hello June" IMAGES, STOCK PHOTOS & VECTORS | Adobe Stock

Happy June!

Everyone is welcome !

It has been one year since Tamara Braun won Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for her portrayal of Kim Nero.

Last June GH was on hiatus. The month was filled with repeats of the Nurses Balls and a week of Sonny and Carly, promoted as "Couples who deserve their own classic episodes". Let's pretend we voted and it was unanimous: No need for a Recap.

Since the beginning of the May thread  some stories inched along and one or two began.

• Peter is still dangling the brass ring which in this case is the antidote for the virus which Chase ingested. Anna and Valentin are still trying to figure out how to bring down a criminal.

• Jason was stabbed at Pentonville and sent to GH for medical care. Before his planned escape he had to rescue Britt from two would-be assassins who were trying to cause her to overdose off Cyrus's latest version of his manufactured drug.

• Pigs decided to fly. One flew down and whispered in Elizabeth's ear that just as Jason had said repeatedly: He did not kill Franco.

• Maxie unwittingly told Peter she had found a nurse but before she could meet with her, Peter had substituted one of his minions.

• Jason supported Britt when she confided in him her fear of having Huntington's Disease, a "gift" from her dad, Faison.

• Nina continued to behave atrociously.

Thank you to All who answered the May QOTM.   

June Questions of the Month:

I have been waiting all month to ask these questions and read your thoughtful replies.

1. What was the best thing that happened during May Sweeps?

2. Because I'm an equal opportunist, what was the worst?

As always you choose to answer one or both. Provide details for your answers.

This month I am interjecting a reflective note. Last June we lost a friend, Preds. For the past year some of her words have been re-posted. That will be continuing.

As we try to remember and return to how we did things BP, before pandemic, continue to be cautious. If you aren't comfortable with something - it doesn't matter what the CDC or anyone else declares. I usually cringe when I hear this expression but occasionally it's useful: You do you.

Enjoy the summer and all that it brings. Please and thank you.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ June 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

Please let us know if you are celebrating a birthday this month.

Happy Birthday June

Honored Contributor

The Scoop: GH previews, teasers, and spoilers for the Week of May 31

Is it the end of the line for Peter August?

GH Spoilers for the week of May 31, 2021 on General Hospital | Soap Central

A sneak peek at some of the action that will take place on GH during the week of May 31, 2021.

Jackie shows her softer side

Gregory fears that his elder son has been intentionally keeping his distance

Willow demands answers from Finn

Willow is filled with empathy

Finn unloads on Peter

Anna suspects that Peter is up to something

Maxie tries to focus on the positive

Peter finds himself with no way out

Liz gives Valentin a piece of her mind

A phone calls sends Curtis reeling

Curtis shares news with Jordan

Jordan is on edge and eager to take action

Michael gets an unexpected call

Laura gives a friend a helping hand

Laura grapples with a distressing discovery

Laura leans on her husband

Laura faces a perilous situation

Britt is surprised

Carly's assistance is desperately needed

Jax opens up to Olivia

Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Has Anna Decided To Take Out Peter Herself?

Diane Brounstein

GH Spoilers: Has Anna Decided To Take Out Peter Herself?

General Hospital spoilers for Tuesday reveal a confrontation, growing suspicions, an unsettling phone call, and so much more.

General Hospital Spoilers Highlights

Anna grows suspicious of Peter’s actions, which seems rather obvious. She knows he’s bad. He knows he’s bad. And he knows she knows. So when she confronts her one-time son, he suspects she’s there to kill him. And the entire audience is hoping for once in his miserable life, Peter’s absolutely right.

You can bet Finn hopes so too, as long as she gets the info that will save Chase first. But Willow confronts Finn in front of Michael. She wants to know if Chase’s condition is more serious than he’s telling them. When alone, Liz tells Finn that Peter doesn’t get to take anything else from them. Will she take him down?

Fight For Their Lives

Another one who would be all for that is Maxie. Her life has been turned upside down by the wreck Peter’s made of it. She’s had their baby and makes the most of a terrible situation. Eventually, Brooke Lynn makes it to her and she lets her partner in crime know she has a lot to tell her.

The doctor came out and updated Brando on the condition of Gladys after her surgery, but did his mom survive? After all, she’s key to taking down that other baddie, Cyrus. Brando wants to know how soon he can see his mom — but is he seeing her in recovery or at the morgue?

Bad Mobster, Bad Shot

Cyrus isn’t much of a threat to Brando and his mom at the moment but he is to Portia. He has been shot by Jason and tells the scared doctor that if she plays it smart, they’ll all walk away alive. Will she help save his life or will she figure out a way to finish off the man who has been a constant threat to her and Trina?

Portia had just been telling Curtis that he’s always been there whenever she or Trina needed him. Will he be able to save her this time? He’s visited by Laura, who wants to know why he isn’t celebrating. But then Curtis receives an unsettling phone call. Will he figure out Portia needs him in time?

Respected Contributor

@Tique  Happy June to you too!

The Best Thing that happened in May Sweeps is...

The escapades of Jason & Britt on the run. Jason's softer side & Britt's one liners. She brings out the best in him & visa versa. Just love their budding Romance!

The Worst Thing that happened in May Sweeps is...

That Britt found out she has Huntingtons. This isn't a sweep but the continuation of Sonny & Nina in Nixon falls. Need I say more? ugh!

Respected Contributor

The best things that happened during the sweeps are:

1) Cyrus got tagged by that bullet. 

2) Jason moved on from Sam 🤞 

Worst 

1) Dante shaved and revealed that he isn't as attractive as I thought.

2) Dante's return to the PCPD and the reveal that he's a buff. Now I know why most the GH community doesn't like him.

3) The tribute episode

4) SMINA

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't liked the directions this show has taken for months now and am only intermittently watching these days so sorry @Tique, I honestly can't give you one good thing about 'sweeps'...

I like Brit, so it was good to see a bit more of her, but have never been a Jason fan so am not on board with their pairing, though I've been anticipating it since she jokingly told him to drop his pants way back when, so she could give him a shot...

It's hard to pick a worst thing about the show right now but among them are that they didn't use sweeps to finally put an end to the really lousy and apparently endless Sonny does Pennsylvania story line and all that it so dreadfully entails, not least of all Nina, who I hope they write out... I really can no longer stand the character nor the way Watros is portraying her...

Alternatively, this nonsense with Finn, Chase and the antidote, as well as the never ending Chase, Willow and Toasty Mikie three way are ridiculous and  have gone on too long... One might have hoped they'd have wrapped it all up as a gift to viewers during sweeps...

I know it's a staple of the show, but all the shoot-em-up scenes are pure nonsense and are never very well done...   

Then there was Maxie traipsing through the woods with a balled up blanket playing the part of a baby and reaching out to the gosh awful Brook Lynn, while meanwhile Howarth returns and ridiculously enough, the audience is supposed to buy him as a whole new character...

Finally, I'll overlook the tribute show because after a few minutes it seemed so bad I deleted it without watching...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

This Week Promo

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And, since I seem to be on a rant, let me just say how disappointed I am that the writers aren't doing a very good job of developing story for Ava and Nik... They appear to be trying to turn him into an adolescent nincompoop and her into his mommy... Instead of a less offensive modern day version of Bonnie and Clyde, we're given Ma Barker and son... What a waste, as the two really showed promise as a couple... Ava is being grossly underutilized and that's just a shame...

I wonder if some viewers aren't going to get their wish and Cyrus isn't being shown the door in time for the dimwits in charge to shuffle in Cameron Mathison as the new bad guy in town... It seems to me we read where he's going to be yet another mob boss and really, how many can we have in one small city... Ditto Peter... Wes Ramsey has said Peter isn't going anywhere and while I know many detest him, I surely hope he's right, but one begins to wonder which of the current bad boys will be sacrificed for the aging glorified Ken doll soon to descend upon Port Charles...

One positive I can throw out there, I don't believe we saw Cam, the facial contortionist, at all during sweeps and that's always a good thing... In fact, none of the teens or kids figured prominently, which was a blessing...

I'll say it again, they need to pare down this cast and focus on a somewhat smaller group of interesting and well acted characters and instead of having story lines going all over the place and lasting far too long they need to rein in the writers and demand they exercise a bit more focus... They also need to show us at least the occasional normal home and family life and positive, successful relationship... Not every scene needs to involve angst or mayhem...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Cyrus’ Last Stand!

Chris Eades

Prepare for an explosive week! Maxie is desperate to save her baby girl, Peter puts his plans into action as Liz vows to put a stop to his evil, and Cyrus makes his desperate last stand!..

...Portia came home to find an injured and desperate Cyrus hiding there. And now, as he’s taken the doctor hostage in her own house, Jordan, Taggert, Curtis, Laura, and Kevin are all outside with the cops trying to defuse the situation. A piercing scream from inside has everyone fearing the worst as Portia shrieks: “No!” And it appears that Laura goes inside to see if she can talk her brother down as the siblings face off against each other. Can Cyrus be stopped before anyone else dies?

source: soapsindepth

It is my theory [and we know I'm never wrong] this week's episodes were originally supposed to be a part of May Sweeps. Unfortunately this happens when a plethora of shows are preempted.