Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ June 2019 ~ Spoilers Included

@grandma r 

I agree...soo sick..every time we blink they have to throw a someone ill,sick..baby,child,etc again and again ...come on writers!

Enough is enought...end some old story lines first   plusno more sick kids!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Not happy, did not like the diagnosis for Carly and Sonny's baby

I agree..................i came here to post the same thing.....i can't believe they constantly has "ill" children in the storylines.........i have posted before about that.............enough already......

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Not happy, did not like the diagnosis for Carly and Sonny's baby

I agree..................i came here to post the same thing.....i can't believe they constantly has "ill" children in the storylines.........i have posted before about that.............enough already......

I agree also! I hate when the harm children in any way!  Whatever happened to good old fashioned love stories.?  

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

What's wrong with Carly's baby?  I missed that part today and came here to find out.  What's up?

TIA

@Sunshine Kate    Carly and Sonny were told it is possible that their baby has Spina Bifida which is a condition when the spine and the spinal cord don't form properly. Like most things it can range from a moderate form when people don't even realize they have it to a severe one when the person can have a range of symptoms including problems with mobility, bladder, fluid in the brain etc.

Thanks for stopping in. Hope to see you again.

image 0

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so sorry for those who had such a terrible reaction to finding out something is probably wrong with Carly's baby. I have felt from the time we first learned Carly was pregnant, the writers would use that to manipulate our emotions once again. I know this is probably the 50th time I've  written it but "they" keep giving us these stories because they want us to stop watching so the ratings drop which provides them with a legitimate reason to pull GH from the lineup. This belief was further fueled earlier this week when I read ABC doesn't even bother to renew the show.

I wish I could say something profound but this is where we are right now. Writers keep coming and going but we are still stuck with bad stories, the rewriting of history, and the "dumbing down" of legendary characters. What was up with Kim telling Shiloh about reading all of Oscar's notes from classes he took while he was staying at DofD and all the spiritual guidance Oscar supposedly got from Shiloh. What a crock!

At least we now know Kim never planned to sleep with the pervert but she did give him enough information about Julian's son's custody battle for him to add it to what Brad had already told him and figure out where "his" son is. She also forgot to mention that tidbit to Julian when he asked her what she discussed with Shiloh. Once again Julian, too little too late. If you had stuck around and told Kim what was going on, she would never have called Shiloh.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique   You are quite right!!!!  I have thought for a long time that ABC Daytime wants to cancel GH.  Yet, they really don't have a decent afternoon show at all exceot for GH.  They have tried and failed miserably since cancelling the other soaps.  You would think TPTB would appreciate the loyal viewers!!!!

Most likely I will continue to watch, even though I don't like where this s/l is headed.  Besides, I would definitely miss this thread and my friends here!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I agree wholeheartedly that the doctor did not handle the situation correctly when dealing with the exam.  She should know her patient and her patient being Carly is very high strung and would react emotionally and being her doctor, she would not want to alert her so abruptly and cause her stress. That scene was definitely handled wrong. You are so right, the doctor should have completed the test, and then consulted afterwards and meet the parents in her office just like normal.  I am not liking another baby story.  

Respected Contributor

Points well taken @Tique. I'm in 95% agreement, but that's what makes this thread give and take so great; respect for everyone's opinion.  At least Juliian today, finally someone, showed up and suggested to Kim that she needs professional help.  

@Tique Forgive me to those who don't like us using our personal life experiences when we ponder these horribly written storylines. Nothing to "forgive".  What else do we have but our own personal life experiences?   @Tique because soaps used to do their research and storylines were done -for the most part - with some spectrum of reality.  SO CORRECT and I guess that's what really "bugs" me the most in recent "soap times"....the need for just a wee bit more reality; total reality and it wouldn't be a soap....LOL.  Thanks, Tique.

Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

Points well taken @Tique. I'm in 95% agreement, but that's what makes this thread give and take so great; respect for everyone's opinion.  At least Juliian today, finally someone, showed up and suggested to Kim that she needs professional help.  

@Tique Forgive me to those who don't like us using our personal life experiences when we ponder these horribly written storylines. Nothing to "forgive".  What else do we have but our own personal life experiences?   @Tique because soaps used to do their research and storylines were done -for the most part - with some spectrum of reality.  SO CORRECT and I guess that's what really "bugs" me the most in recent "soap times"....the need for just a wee bit more reality; total reality and it wouldn't be a soap....LOL.  Thanks, Tique.

@mysoutherncomfort   you are most gracious. 95% - I'll take it. All day. Any day. 

I agree with you totally. It bugs me also that a small touch of reality seems to be against the rules for this particular crop of writers. To put it mildly, they suck!

Honored Contributor

These storylines drive me up a wall, but I'm stubborn and stick with them just to tick off the silly writers. 

Try all you want you bunch of dummies, but we are here to stay.  Even your actors have to be bored out of their minds and shaking their heads every single day at what you are having them do.  Bless their hearts for hanging in there.  If they can do it, so can we.

@Tique  HeartHeartHeart  Happy Anniversary and Thank Your for giving us a place to "play".  I know my TV is tired of being the only sounding board.  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."