Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ June 2019 ~ Spoilers Included

@CLHS68 Many thanks for the reminder that Julian looked in Diane's files and found out the birth mother's name.  Seems so long ago, I forgot about that.  I know that Lucas/Brad originally did not know the birth mother's name.  Of course, Diane, as the birth mother's attorney would have all the info.  Glad I have you guys to tweak my memory. :womanlol:

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@Tique  Thanks so much for the recap! I only got to see about the last 15 minutes, and my local station never shows pre-empted episodes later. Smiley Frustrated

Times like these are when I really miss SoapNet! Remember that network?

I'm sorry for the pilot who died yesterday, and his family...but really, was that break-in worthy for the whole country? I think "Special Reports" should be reserved for news that affects the nation. The local news can handle special reports for their particular area.

@vermint  I agree. There was a time when things like that didn't happen often and so when they did, whatever was going on was immediately interrupted with a special report. Now with things happening so quickly/so frequently, I also think  unless it's an event that affects the nation, these reports could be saved until the Nightly News is on.

I was thinking about SoapNet over the weekend - how much I would like to see some of the soaps which were cancelled years ago like Another World or even vintage episodes of GH. That channel was owned by Disney, the parent company of ABC. When they took the channel off the air it should have been a premonition of what they think about soaps and for the most part, women viewers of a certain age. Some will disagree but in my mind if they had a higher opinion of us they wouldn't keep giving us this drivel time and time again.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

When it comes to Brad & Nelle LIAR is the nicest thing you can say about them after all they have done.

Respected Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@Tique  Thanks so much for the recap! I only got to see about the last 15 minutes, and my local station never shows pre-empted episodes later. Smiley Frustrated

Times like these are when I really miss SoapNet! Remember that network?

I'm sorry for the pilot who died yesterday, and his family...but really, was that break-in worthy for the whole country? I think "Special Reports" should be reserved for news that affects the nation. The local news can handle special reports for their particular area.

@vermint  I agree. There was a time when things like that didn't happen often and so when they did, whatever was going on was immediately interrupted with a special report. Now with things happening so quickly/so frequently, I also think  unless it's an event that affects the nation, these reports could be saved until the Nightly News is on.

I was thinking about SoapNet over the weekend - how much I would like to see some of the soaps which were cancelled years ago like Another World or even vintage episodes of GH. That channel was owned by Disney, the parent company of ABC. When they took the channel off the air it should have been a premonition of what they think about soaps and for the most part, women viewers of a certain age. Some will disagree but in my mind if they had a higher opinion of us they wouldn't keep giving us this drivel time and time again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The above is BEAUTIFULLY summed up on all accounts.  I'm in total agreement!!

Respected Contributor

I for one, think the news break in yesterday WAS worthy!  It was only about 15 minutes in my area.  

Maybe, just maybe, PC will find a new DA with the cajones to actually put Shi-hole away for life!  But I really want to see his face when he learns that his baby is dead!!  My heart will ache for Willow, but I look forward to his pain!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

I missed about 15-20 minutes as well because of the special news report.  I didn't realize Margaux had dropped the charges.

I thought Chase was saying they didn't have enough evidence against Shiloh and I'm not sure how that could be since they have the recording of him giving Sam something to drink and then she's out of it.

Can someone refresh my memory?  How are Lucas and Carly brother and sister and Lucas is Julian's son?  Bobby is Carly's mom and I thought Bobby was Lucas' mom too but surely Julian and Bobby weren't together?  Are Carly and Lucas not really blood brother and sister or full brother and sister?      

Esteemed Contributor

I also miss Soap Net!!  I worked so many hours during many years and would have never been able to keep up with GH without the Soap Net reruns!!  Loved coming home from a long day and relaxing in front of my GH show!!

Esteemed Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

@CLHS68 Many thanks for the reminder that Julian looked in Diane's files and found out the birth mother's name.  Seems so long ago, I forgot about that.  I know that Lucas/Brad originally did not know the birth mother's name.  Of course, Diane, as the birth mother's attorney would have all the info.  Glad I have you guys to tweak my memory. :womanlol:

----------------

I was surprised at Diane's passionate - but incorrect - statement that 'No one could get into her files".   

Doesn't she know that Julian did just that and that is how he found Willow??  Does she even know Julian's involvement in the baby's 'adoption'??

Valued Contributor

@Tique wrote:

General Hospital Spoilers

Love In The Afternoon?
Oh, wait! There’s other stuff going on in Port Charles, as well. The romance between Peter and Maxie seems to be hitting the skids as Peter shies away from his new girlfriend and avoids making plans with her. Maxie won’t even hear of this. She is all about love and tells him so. When you find it, don’t ever throw it away.

I don't think there is any chemistry between Peter & Maxie at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Eager2Learn wrote:

@Tique wrote:

General Hospital Spoilers

Love In The Afternoon?
Oh, wait! There’s other stuff going on in Port Charles, as well. The romance between Peter and Maxie seems to be hitting the skids as Peter shies away from his new girlfriend and avoids making plans with her. Maxie won’t even hear of this. She is all about love and tells him so. When you find it, don’t ever throw it away.

I don't think there is any chemistry between Peter & Maxie at all.

Peter looks hip and young. Maxie looks matronly and old enough to be at least his aunt. They DON'T have any chemistry.