Honored Contributor

General Hospital ~ July 2022 ~ Spoilers Included

Happy July Sweeps!

Welcome to All! 

It has been one year since Spencer Cassidine returned to Port Charles. 

Here's a recap of some things that happened last July. 

• News of Jason and Carly’s engagement began to spread. Reviews were mixed as to whether this union was a "good thing".
  • A newly recast Spencer Cassadine arrived in Port Charles. It was quickly revealed he was Ava and Nikolas's stalker.

• Maxie began to make frequent and unscheduled visits to the Quartermaines to see Brook Lynn and her baby.

• Nina managed to keep her life in Nixon Falls and her life in Port Charles separate. She also continued to keep Sonny's identify from him.
  • After weeks of Finn thinking he and Elizabeth had hidden Peter's body in a freezer, the freezer was opened to reveal Peter was MIA. 

Since the beginning of the June thread some stories moved along but nothing ended.

•  Nikolas can't stop thinking of his afternoon with Esme. His guilt over his disgusting behavior lead him to suggest to Ava that the two divorce and then remarry.
  • The judge ruled against Nina proclaiming she wasn't entitled to be in Wiley's life.
  • Portia had a strange reaction after Curtis shared the secret Marshall had been hiding is that he has schizophrenia.

• Drew and Michael came up with what they thought was an ingenuous plan to regain control of ELQ  by merging their family company with Aurora Media. Carly made an extremely unwise decision to invest in Aurora selling her half of the Metro court to an investment group.

Thank you to those who answered last month's QOTM .

July Questions of the Month:

1. Rate the current status of General Hospital with 1 being the worse and 10 being the best.

2. What storyline(s) do you want to end during this Sweeps month?

If neither question appeals to you no explanation is necessary.

This month marks my fourth year as the Caretaker/Host of the GH monthly threads. As always I acknowledge those who still watch the show and stop by to read and share thoughts and opinions. During this time of the year some are on vacation and others are frustrated by the preempted shows so I appreciate even more those who keep the thread going.

Continue to: celebrate yourself, embrace your families and friends, and enjoy the summer. Stay alert. Please and thank you. ♥️

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ July 2022 ~ Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

Please let us know if you are celebrating a birthday this month.

Happy birthday All you guys born in July Picture #137592616 | Blingee.com

Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Sasha Takes A Big Step In Her Downward Spiral

Hope Campbell

GH Spoilers: Sasha Takes A Big Step In Her Downward Spiral

GH spoilers for Friday reveal special requests, special favors, and so much more.

Sasha Is In Meltdown Mode

It’s almost time for Sasha to appear on a talk show and her life becomes more emotional and stressful by the moment. As she constantly thinks of her own lost baby, she can’t handle the fact that Willow Tait is now pregnant. So when Felty comes calling, she asks for a quid pro quo. She will get him a press pass if he will get her some pills.

Meanwhile, the television appearance might go south for even more reasons as Maxie and Lucy frantically make sure there is enough product on hand to promote Deception.

Esme Will Go Anywhere For Help

Why Esme thought that hitting up a rookie cop would once again gain her access to Spring Ridge is beyond us, but she is not giving up just because Rory Cabrera is not the friend she wanted him to be. Instead, she goes to Nikolas Cassadine and asks him to help her. If he doesn’t, she just may have to tell Ava their big secret.

Meanwhile, Ava spends some time with Scott and wonders if she and Nikolas are tempting fate by having him give her so much so they can divorce and remarry again.

Little do any of them know that Spencer has his own plans against Esme and he starts them by telling Cameron that he knows who Esme’s biological mother is.

Business Dealings

When Olivia Quartermaine learns that Carly lost so much and won’t be able to buy back her share of the hotel, Olivia offers to buy it herself. That must be what happens when you’re married into ELQ.

Elsewhere, Brook Lynn needs some help and looks to Sonny Corinthos to take care of a little problem named Linc Brown.

Honored Contributor

Snatched from last year's July thread.

@Tique wrote:

Have A Great Weekend - GIFcen

After today some of you won't be checking in until Tuesday. Wishing All a fun, safe, and happy holiday weekend for you and yours.

Happy 4th of July Greetings 2021 | Fourth of July Wishes Images Sayings

Honored Contributor

@Tique,

Thanks for the post!

Sunflower First Day Of July

Trusted Contributor

@Tique  I want to wish you a very very happy Early Birthday.

Do something nice for yourself and enjoy your day.

Also thank you for all you do to keep this thread going.

I appreciate all the extras that you post for us so much. You are an extra special caretaker.

I wanted to do this early as we will be taking off for a little while.

As to the QOTM my rating is around 5-it could be better but it could be worse-and I am still watching for the most part so there is something there. I think having a community where we can come and talk about the soap keeps me watching because in the past I stopped watching for years at a time without blinking an eye.

I would really like the story of Esme to move forward so that we can know what motivates her and more about her background. if I was reading a book that moved forward this slowly I would most likely have abandoned it by now.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Respected Contributor

thanks for all the updates.

do we know who esme's mother is or is nicholas the only one? spoil me if you know! i wish she would just go away. I'm really tired of the Marshall storyline. it seems a little flat. Maybe i'm old schoolish, but i would like carly and sonny back together. Mostly i can't stand Nina.

Honored Contributor

@abbalulu wrote:

...if I was reading a book that moved forward this slowly I would most likely have abandoned it by now.

Amen and I would say that applies to all the supposed storylines on this show...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I would rate GH a 5 although it is the only soap I watch so I have nothing to compare it to.  

I would like to see the Trina *ex tape story line wrap up.  I hope Trina is exonerated and everybody finds out that Esme was responsible for the tape. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique........HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!!

Thank you for starting off each month.  I appreciate you very much.

On to the questions......I would rate GH as a generous 5.  (Since ours won the category,  the others must be pitiful.)

PLEASE end all things Esme!!!!!  Have the hearing and prove Esme is guilty, then ship her off to anywhere else.

Maybe it's just me, but, I thought CW thought she was all that and a bag of chips in her swimsuit.  She kept adjusting her cover up to show more.

Stories I'm not looking forward to......Sasha back on drugs, a battle over who buys the MC, anything Sonny and Ninny, and when is Drew heading back to Hallmark?

Enjoy the holiday weekend.  Staying home or traveling, be safe.