Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ July 2022 ~ Spoilers Included

@Tique Thank you for four years of excellence. No other thread is as wonderfully controlled and kept as our GH one and it gets easy to take all of your hard work for granted which I hope none of us ever do. I thank you dearly for it. Heart 

I would rate GH currently a 7. It's in between major storylines but hopefully with the resolution of this whole Title IX and court nonsense, we can move on. The hotel crisis is interesting and I am holding out hope for the Willow story which I think is more than just a pregnancy. At least I hope it is or I am going to ask Sasha to share her pills.

Nik is one sly fox getting Ava to divorce him before she finds out what he did and owns Wyndermere. Monica is up for a how to with Ava when Ava claims Spoon Island as her own. Bonus points if she gets busy with Victor who I think would be a good match for darker Ava. And if Julian wants to resurrect from the catacombs, I'm down for that.

Esme should find the dungeon to her liking. I am begging for an Esme hostage story with Ava literally rattling her cage. Bring the soap glory days back! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Happy July Sweeps!

Welcome to All! 

It has been one year since Spencer Cassidine returned to Port Charles. 

Here's a recap of some things that happened last July. 

• News of Jason and Carly’s engagement began to spread. Reviews were mixed as to whether this union was a "good thing".
  • A newly recast Spencer Cassadine arrived in Port Charles. It was quickly revealed he was Ava and Nikolas's stalker.

• Maxie began to make frequent and unscheduled visits to the Quartermaines to see Brook Lynn and her baby.

• Nina managed to keep her life in Nixon Falls and her life in Port Charles separate. She also continued to keep Sonny's identify from him.
  • After weeks of Finn thinking he and Elizabeth had hidden Peter's body in a freezer, the freezer was opened to reveal Peter was MIA. 

Since the beginning of the June thread some stories moved along but nothing ended.

•  Nikolas can't stop thinking of his afternoon with Esme. His guilt over his disgusting behavior lead him to suggest to Ava that the two divorce and then remarry.
  • The judge ruled against Nina proclaiming she wasn't entitled to be in Wiley's life.
  • Portia had a strange reaction after Curtis shared the secret Marshall had been hiding is that he has schizophrenia.

• Drew and Michael came up with what they thought was an ingenuous plan to regain control of ELQ  by merging their family company with Aurora Media. Carly made an extremely unwise decision to invest in Aurora selling her half of the Metro court to an investment group.

Thank you to those who answered last month's QOTM .

July Questions of the Month:

1. Rate the current status of General Hospital with 1 being the worse and 10 being the best.

2. What storyline(s) do you want to end during this Sweeps month?

If neither question appeals to you no explanation is necessary.

This month marks my fourth year as the Caretaker/Host of the GH monthly threads. As always I acknowledge those who still watch the show and stop by to read and share thoughts and opinions. During this time of the year some are on vacation and others are frustrated by the preempted shows so I appreciate even more those who keep the thread going.

Continue to: celebrate yourself, embrace your families and friends, and enjoy the summer. Stay alert. Please and thank you. ♥️

I don't have any storyline about which I am enamored. What I DO want is for the whole lame storyline of Trina's being accused of something that has very little proof and lots of accusation. For the school to dump her when nothing has ever gone to trial just drives me crazy. I see no redeeming traits in Esme, and her schemes are ridiculous. I also want Ryan completely OUT of GH. I don't understand why he is not in a maximum security prison in the mental section. It's a if the writers can't come up with any new story lines, so they bring back either Ryan or a Cassadine for us to suffer through once again.

Respected Contributor

Am I the only one that thinks that the actor who plays Linc looks like he could be another relative of Maurice?  I was surprised when I learned the actor's son is playing Adam. 
I guess nepotism is still going strong in TV land.

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS Now see he reminds me of Jon Lindstrom and Michael Easton. I am waiting for the triplet story to start with Ryan, Kevin and Linc or they could kill off Finn and ME could do a third character for us a la Roger Harwarth. I think he's one up by now. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Anyone know what happened to Austin/Franco?  Last I saw he was in the woods telling some stranger to stop following him - then nothing.  Obviouly the actor is not on a full time contract, but when he came back last time he had lost quite a bit of weight.  I'm wondering if he has some kind of medical problem that keeps him away.  That's another story line that was started and never heard from again - yet the Esme - Trina story just keeps going on and on and on!  Enough already.

When Carly was telling Olivia she didn't want Ned to give her the money for the hotel I wanted to scream at Carly.  Why doesn't she realize that Olivia will be stuck with whoever buys her half of the hotel.  Of course not - because she is Carly!

Honored Contributor

@Tique 

Please delete my birthday for this month.

I just don't want any fuss over it   as to me its just another day and i have other things in my life right now to celebrate.

thanksSmiley Happy

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@daisy4 wrote:

Anyone know what happened to Austin/Franco?  Last I saw he was in the woods telling some stranger to stop following him - then nothing.  Obviouly the actor is not on a full time contract, but when he came back last time he had lost quite a bit of weight.  I'm wondering if he has some kind of medical problem that keeps him away.  That's another story line that was started and never heard from again - yet the Esme - Trina story just keeps going on and on and on!  Enough already.

When Carly was telling Olivia she didn't want Ned to give her the money for the hotel I wanted to scream at Carly.  Why doesn't she realize that Olivia will be stuck with whoever buys her half of the hotel.  Of course not - because she is Carly!

I think that Sonny overheard them talking and will insits on paying the money   back for Carly

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Let me be redundant and say once again how much I dislike what they are doing to the Sasha character. There's no reason for it. Hate it!

@daisy4  an excellent question about what happened to Austin although I sense not many people care. I read GH thinks they may have made a mistake expecting him and Maxie to mesh. Really? So they took a sure thing, Elizabeth and Franco who were making it work against all odds and killed him off only to bring him back as Austin. What a flop!

We don't all agree on who deserved to win those Emmys but we should be in total agreement on this: There's a reason GH didn't win Outstanding Writing Team for A Drama Series.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort  My husband puts his hat on and imitates Marshall. He always says, "Curtis, I can't tell you about my past." He's a pizz er. 

I've heard that a friend of my husband's said his dad wouldn't go to his wedding because he would have to go without a cap and he refused to show his bald head.

Another guy from my building is very handsome and always dons a Yankee cap. He has hair on the sides, but I suspect he's bald, because I haven't seen him w/o a hat since 1979. 

Honored Contributor

The Scoop: GH previews, teasers, and spoilers for the Week of July 4

Victor eavesdrops, and Drew has an offer for Nina

General Hospital Scoop: Victor eavesdrops, and Drew has an offer for Nina (Spoilers for the week of July 4, 2022 on GH)

A sneak peek at some of the action that will take place on GH during the week of July 4, 2022.

Drew approaches Nina with a business offer

Sonny hopes to get to the bottom of what is bothering Nina

Carly is careful not to tell Sonny about her troubles

Drew shares some news with Carly

Spencer and Cameron's plan skids off the rails

Ho hum...Same story different day.

Maxie, Lucy, and Sasha face some challenges when they arrive for Sasha's television appearance

Brando focuses on what is best for Sasha

Cody's evening with Dante and Rocco takes an unexpected turn

Cody heads to the Quartermaine stables

Ned and Olivia have differing impressions of Cody

A delivery catches Britt by surprise

Britt and Terry bond over work and romance

Alexis confronts Gregory about his hesitancy

Sparks fly between Alexis and Gregory as they challenge each other

Ned offers Brook Lynn advice

Finn's observation makes Chase uneasy

Chase and Brook Lynn decide to have an honest conversation

Kevin takes a visitor to see Elizabeth

Laura admits that she has reservations about Anna and Valentin's romance

It must be included in the "Official Binder of Mayor's Responsibilities" that Laura has to insinuate herself weigh in on everything and everyone.

Valentin's request alarms Laura

Valentin and Victor meet in the park

Victor eavesdrops on Anna's phone call

No! Inconceivable! Not on the incomparable Anna Devane, laudable WSB super spy. She said sardonically.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.