Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ July 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

@Annabellethecat66  Used to be all the soaps rolled the teens out in summer, assuming the kiddies out of school would be interested but let's face it, this bunch of drips isn't interesting to anyone and by the way writers, kids go back to school soon but most of us don't. More to the point, even the young folks watching are watching for more adult story lines. Nobody cares about these kids. Please, move on.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  sadly my crystal ball predicts teen angst which is even worse than teen drama. As @stevieb  said summer used to be the time when they would throw in the teen/tween stories because school was out and teens might be watching with their parents/grands. Thinking back the last summer teen story that was done effectively was Kristina's boyfriend abuse story which was over a decade ago. They had some trivial summer stories focusing on summer camp, "Lila's Kids". The funny thing was Spencer was a kid attending the camp while Oscar and Joss were Junior Counselors. They wanted to keep that actor so they changed history to accommodate him. We were supposed to forget that he and Joss grew up together. Now they want to change it back to them all being approximately the same age.

They no longer have to drag the teens out; they stay front and center year round. Trina doesn't know Spencer because by the time she came on the scene as one of Joss's closest friends he had already left for Paris. He was too much for his grandmother Laura to handle and everyone still thought his father was dead. They were vague about Spencer's grade until a recent conversation Nikolas had with Laura when he stated it was time for Spencer to start acting more mature because he was almost ready to graduate. I presumed they didn't mean from elementary school so that was my first indication they might finally be ready to SORAS him.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Soooo...I can't help but wonder if these writers give a rat's ummm bottom what we..the viewers think.

Do they really think teenagers watch the soaps?  I have 4 teenage granddaughters, 1 teenage grandson and 2 others ( boy and girl who are around 11 or so.

I absolutely know they are not watching the soaps.

When my granddaughters aren't working ( lifeguards) or doing 'stuff' with friends they're watching old stuff like Grays Anatomy.  The very early shows.

It's almost as if they want to bomb out on purpose.  I prefer to think ( like a lot of stuff these days) they're out of sync with the'real' world.

@Tique @stevieb  Thanks for the info.  

I'm really, really sick of this Mike stuff.  I thought for sure when he fought with the bad guy he'd get his memory back.

I'm sick of seeing this goody-two shoes Mike.  Always smiling, bla, bla.

I want the whoa full Puppy eyed Mike back. I wonder if someone said "Sonny real loud while knocking him in the head...he'd get his memory back.

I wonder how Nina is going to explain why she kept him all to herself for so long.

Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Has Stella Convinced Jordan To Fight For Curtis?

Diane Brounstein

GH Spoilers For July 8: Has Stella Convinced Jordan To Fight For Curtis?

GH spoilers for Thursday reveal an unwise meeting, a personal struggle, a confrontation, and so much more.

GH Spoilers Highlights

Curtis Ashford puts two and two together and gets five as he confronts Jordan and asks if she’s decided to contest the divorce. Silly man thinks she’s the one who warned off Portia. Meanwhile, the real culprit continues her busybody ways as Stella prods TJ Ashford for answers about what went wrong in his mom’s marriage and claims it’s not over until it’s over. Oh, Stella. Nosy, busybody, no boundary respecting Stella.

Molly Lansing-Davis meets with Judge Carson and accepts her offer of help. Molly reels in her prey, telling her she believes the time they will be spending together will be beneficial for both of them. Should we worry about Molly? Or has her time around her no-good father Ric Lansing and Uncle Sonny Corinthos, the leading town mobster, primed her for handling the dangerous judge? Her mom needs all the help she can get, because…

Alexis Davis — Hot Mess

Alexis struggles in solitary confinement. Spoilers show her turning around in her cell and hearing Shawn telling her that she can talk with him. That should be a nice change for Alexis’s subconscious after the last time it manifested itself as lawyer Alexis, forcing her to talk to herself.

Alexis’s former sister-in-law and current niece-in-law, Ava Jerome Cassadine, is worried about Trina. She meets up with Trina’s mom, Portia and they discuss what went down grad night. Portia can’t wrap her mind around what kind of person would do something like that, not realizing she’s talking to a person who would do just that…just this time she didn’t.

General Hospital Mystery Man

The young woman whose name is on their lips finally meets up with her mystery man, Victor, who tells her it’s better late than never — they can celebrate whenever they want. We have a feeling Trina won’t be celebrating too much once the truth comes out that he’s not just her friend’s stalker but also her friend’s stepson, Spencer Cassadine.

After having the point drilled into him once again by Ava, Nikolas finally decides to seek counsel for his divorce from her. To that end, he meets up with good old Uncle Martin Grey, his mom’s half-brother. Why not keep the lawyer fees in the family?

Honored Contributor

√ Glitter Animated Gif Happy Thursday

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

I think Nina will will lose everything  even her business..when the all this happens...like when is it going to happen???

Nina will have such a meltdown that she will be needing Laura's husband as he is needing a story line,right?

What is wrong with Sam's face??

Saint   ,well i'm surprised she wasn't all over our puppy eyed doctor looking at her..at leasr he didn't kiss her !

I really think whatJax said to Carly hit home...she knew he was right also what Brett said to her  but then our writer had to throw a mobster in.

If Jason has to kiss Carly i'm going to barf!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

I know I'm a broken record on this subject:  Mike, the man with no memory.

Fouth of July in Nixon Falls.  Phyllis offers Mike her car keys suggesting that he drive to PC to surprise Nina.  And just where did Mike obtain a drivers license?  Is there anyone out there who has a drivers license with just a first name only and no date of birth showing along with all the other documentation one must produce to obtain said license?  Writers, a little reality would go a long way IMO.

Super Contributor

@stevieb I have gotten the impression that you were on board for finding new talent and not hiring "retreads".  Well lets at least give him a chance.  I never was a fan of the old Spencer and hope this one will be a little less obnixous.

The picture of Cameron Matison is just awful.  I hope there is a reason - Maybe because he has been held captive?

Honored Contributor

@Wiskota  I'm good with the new hire even if it seemed a bit surprising producers brought in someone with such limited acting experience. I surely plan to give New Spencer every chance to win over the audience. Though his first scenes with Trina, (who I don't find particularly gifted anyway), seemed somewhat awkward and stilted I'm rooting for him to find his sea legs, so to speak, and do a great job. Believe me, anyone to distract from Cameron is an improvement. As for Mathison, my guess is Home and Family has completed shooting and he was taking a grooming break. Not looking forward to his arrival on GH anyway, but if he shows up looking like THAT, well, all bets are off...

Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Wiskota wrote:

@stevieb I have gotten the impression that you were on board for finding new talent and not hiring "retreads".  Well lets at least give him a chance.  I never was a fan of the old Spencer and hope this one will be a little less obnixous.

The picture of Cameron Matison is just awful.  I hope there is a reason - Maybe because he has been held captive?

-----------

I agree!  I did not recognize him.  Think I do remember that he went thru cancer some time ago...maybe the change in looks??

I also did not like the old Spency; that character was so rotten.  But think this new Spency will be written to be just as unlikeable...at least in the beginning