Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital - July 2017 Thread, Spoilers

I am wondering if the precocious Spencer arranged for his own kidnapping and is now going to finger Valentin as the abductor.

Valued Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I am wondering if the precocious Spencer arranged for his own kidnapping and is now going to finger Valentin as the abductor.

That's really interesting.  Because that kid is so precocious he has a lot of work.  Therefore he can be 'kidnapped' and the writers can decide if Nicholas either comes back or is recast.  Then they can figure out if Nicholas and Valentin were actually working together and Spencer knew. 

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am not sure who you are reffering to as the old Mac, as far as I know John J York an American has always played the role of Mac Scorpio, are you thinking about Robert Scorpio who was play by Tristan Rogers who is Australian

There definitely was a different actor who played Mac when the character was first  introduced.  I don't know his name, but he played the part as a "lovable bad guy".  I remember a chase scene where he was on a boat, and it blew up.  Then the character was gone for awhile, and came back as Mac the good guy played by John York.

Respected Contributor

@daisy4 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am not sure who you are reffering to as the old Mac, as far as I know John J York an American has always played the role of Mac Scorpio, are you thinking about Robert Scorpio who was play by Tristan Rogers who is Australian

There definitely was a different actor who played Mac when the character was first  introduced.  I don't know his name, but he played the part as a "lovable bad guy".  I remember a chase scene where he was on a boat, and it blew up.  Then the character was gone for awhile, and came back as Mac the good guy played by John York.

I am pretty sure it was always John J York as Mac and Tristan Rogers as Robert

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

They sure made it seem that way yesterday, didn't they?

Honored Contributor

@daisy4 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@daisy4, According to everything I found on-line, that was the same actor.  John J. York.  He originated the role in 1991.  The boat you are talking about was owned by the Quartermaines and was called the S.S. Tracy.  It caught fire and he jumped off the boat and was pulled to shore by Robert. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@daisy4 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

No, the actor was always John J York. I never said York was an Australian. I SAID  Mac was an Australian and he had an Australian accent when he began his role on the show. Actors DO take on other accents you know. How else can I say this and be understood. The writers CHANGED the original Mac's character, took away his accent, and made him into a Caspar Milktoast instead of the fun, bad boy that he once was. I know perfectly well who Tristan Rogers is. I've watched him ever since he originated the role of Robert Scorpio. John York came on the show as Malcolm (Mac) Scorpio, his brother. Mac knew all about skirting the law and getting away with it. There was friction between them at first, but they eventually came to terms with it all. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

They sure made it seem that way yesterday, didn't they?

Yep. 

Honored Contributor

I'm sure this has been discussed to death but does anybody know what is Sam's problem yet?  This whole scene is ridiculous and she's such a bad actor, makes me crazy!

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD, Sam has been going to a doctor for check-ups daily (LOL) for what seems like a month or more but there has been no diagnosis.

Did anyone notice the total change of Maxi's hair yesterday.  I even rewound on my DVR because I thought I was nuts.  She showed up with super straight hair that looked like a blunt cut, one length bob and some off to the side bangs.

Then they showed her in the restaurant again and her hair was much more rounded looking, layered, fixed differently, bangs were different and even the color looked different.