Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ January Thread

Is it really Bill Eckart or are the writers just planting his name in various conversations to throw us off course????? I still don't get the references to Patricia.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/7/2015 RainCityGirl said:

Aha! It IS Bill Eckert! My hunch way back was right. I figured they would never try the old mask thing again with the real Fluke, and since EVERYBODY comes back from the dead in Port Charles, it makes sense that Eckert would too. Now what?????

I think it's a red herring. I continue to believe that Helena is the real head of the crime syndicate and has programmed Luke to do her bidding. What he's seeing in the basement isn't real.

I'm hoping Patricia had gender reassignment surgery and she's Fluke! Hey, it's a soap. I could happen.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

Well, I have to say nothing involving that bag of bones would surprise me on this Soap. She's returned from the dead several times. In watching the whole thing today, I have to wonder who in Port Charles Helena doesn't have control over. It's interesting what they have resurrected from the past, though. Bill Eckert was so long ago, and he was involved with Holly among others. Bobbie was quick to point out that he was no angel either, and as I remember that was true. He could be a nasty character when provoked. If it is, in fact, a red herring, then I have no idea who he really is. Patricia is a non entity to me. In fact, before this, I don't ever remember hearing about her.

Super Contributor

I've watched a long time, but I don't ever remember the sister Patricia. Was she a "regular"? Didn't they mention recently that Frisco was now in charge of the WSB? Of course, we didn't see him nor hear from him.

Esteemed Contributor

I looked up GH history today and while all sorts of players were listed there was no mention of Patricia Spencer.
Honored Contributor

Patricia was only ""mentioned"" on the very early days of Bobbie and Luke. I don't think she was ever seen or explained. Barbara Jean made a comment or two about her. She would have been older than them I think.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

Here is what Wikipedia says about Bill Eckert (I apologize for the formatting. I tried to change it, but it didn't take):

William "Bill" Eckert is afictional character on ABC soap opera General Hospital. He was the redheaded Spencer family cousin that was a dead ringer for Luke Spencer. He was portrayed by longtimeGeneral Hospital favorite,Anthony Geary from 1991 to 1993.

Bill Eckert was a member of the crew on the SS Tracy. The Greenbelts, an environmental safety organization, protested the arrival of the Quartermaine boat. It had just exploded and sank in Port Charles harbor. Harlan Barrett of Barrett Enterprises came to Port Charles to salvage the SS Tracy. He was impressed with Bill Eckert, who invented a unique machine which raised the ship. Harlan hired Bill as chief engineer with the promise of upward advancement in the company.

Bill is the cousin of the Spencer family who had just come to town with his young son, Sly Eckert, and recently divorced form his mother, Nancy. Bill's father died of a heart attack and Bill and his sister, Jenny Eckert, came into a large inheritance. Bill, now a wealthy man, moved into an abandoned lighthouse with his son Sly and Finian O'Toole, whom Bill had hired as a housekeeper. Bill was now dating Harlan's marketing genius daughter, Julia Barrett.Harlan brought her to Port Charles to run the cannery with ace in command, Bill Eckert.

Harlan Barrett, Leopold Taub, Cesar Faison, and Larry Ashton formed a cartel to control global business via the use of a toxic substance, carbon disulfide, manufactured at a cannery they purchased as a clever ruse for their operations and a place to brew the drug with which they intended to rule the world. Bill and Jenny were both kept in the dark about the cannery's real intentions.

Meanwhile, Nancy having heard about Bill's newfound wealth, promptly wanted custody of Sly. Bill saw the dollar signs in her eyes and would not give in to her blackmail. Nancy began spying on operations at the cannery and discovered the carbon disulfide. She used it to make Bill appear inebriated at Sly's custody hearing. The Cartel was worried with Nancy poking around and they wanted to make a still clueless Bill their newest member. The cartel then decided to eliminate Nancy.

Faison tried to use mind control to program Anna Scorpio to kill Nancy, but Anna and Robert Scorpio were on to Faison's plan. With the aid of a psychiatrist, she become immune to it. The Cartel's goal was attained anyway as Nancy was mysteriously murdered and Bill was the prime suspect! The real killer turned out to Bill's housekeeper and Sly's baby-sitter, Finian, who had a heated argument with Nancy and accidentally killed her.

Bill was brought into the Cartel, but a deliriously w*cked Faison wanted Bill to prove himself before he was completely accepted. Bill's assignment was to kill Faison's nemesis, Robert Scorpio. By this time, Bill and Robert were good friends, so a "faux death" was arranged. Bill shot Robert on the waterfront, but Harlan was not fooled, so he decided to shoot Robert again. Bill shot and killed Harlan to protect his pal. A grief-stricken Julia promptly ended her relationship with Bill.

On Founder's Day, the Cartel was apprehended. Taub was killed and Faison escaped yet again. After Robert and Anna's presumed death Bill started dating Robert's widow Holly Scorpio. Scott Baldwin came across information that pointed to Lucy Coe in a Port Charles art heist. He told Bill and Holly who concluded that Lucy had fed information about the local paintings to the wealthy Richard Halifax. When Halifax realized Bill and Holly were on his trail, he returned of all the art...except Bill Eckert's painting, "Summer in Provence." This was the only painting Lucy did not know about. Halifax professed his innocence but Bill knew he was lying! Then Bill goes to Pariswhere he reclaimed his artwork and had a fling on the side behind Holly's back, with his old flame, Victoria. When Bill returned to Port Charles, Holly walked in on Bill and Victoria making love at his lighthouse. The spurned Holly was h*ll-bent on making the womanizing Bill pay! She smashed all the rare wines in his wine cellar, then left town.

In 1993, Bill and his cousin Luke Spencer came face to face when Lucky Spencer was sent back to Port Charles as his parents were still on the run from notorious mobster Frank Smith. Frank's men found Lucky staying with his friend/cousin Sly Eckert. They also found Sly's father Bill Eckert, who was the spitting image of Luke. Bill was trying to protect Sly and Lucky Spencer from a hitman. Bill was then shot in a case of mistaken identity. He died in Luke's arms.

Esteemed Contributor

Here is what soapcentral.com says about the Spencer family tree. They do show Patricia but no details. I clicked on her name but it came up with info on Bobbie.

SPENCER Family Tree

Lucas Lorenzo "Luke" Spencer, Sr.
Son of Tim and Lena Spencer, brother of Bobbie (see below and Pat (see below).

m. Laura Webber (married 1981; divorced)
c. Lucas Lorenzo "Lucky" Spencer, Jr.
m. Elizabeth Webber (wed 2005)
c. Cameron Webber
Adopted son of Elizabeth and Zander Smith
c. Jacob Martin Spencer (deceased)

Not biologically. Birth certificate lists Lucky as the father.
c. Aiden Nikolas Spencer [Jul 19, 2010]
c. Leslie Lu "Lulu" Spencer
a. Dillon Quartermaine
c. Unnamed Child (2006; abortion)
m. Dante Falconeri
c. Unnamed Child (miscarriage; 2012)
c. Unnamed child (2013, miscarriage via surrogate Maxie Jones; 2013)
c. Rocco Falconeri [Sep 9, 2013]

a. Holly Sutton
c. Unnamed Child (miscarriage)
c. Ethan Lovett
m. Maya Ward (divorced)

m. Tracy Quartermaine

m. Laura Webber (2006; invalid)

Barbara Jean "Bobbie" Spencer
Daughter of Tim and Lena Spencer, sister of Luke (see above) and Pat (see below).

a. John Durant
c. Caroline "Carly" Benson
Adopted by Frank and Virginia (see Benson)
a. Alan "AJ" Quartermaine, Jr. (deceased)
c. Michael Corinthos III
m. Michael "Sonny" Corinthos, Jr.
c. Unknown (miscarried)
c. Morgan Corinthos
m. Lauren "Kiki" Jerome
m. Lorenzo Alcazar
m. Jasper “Jax” Jacks
c. Josslyn John Jacks

a. D.L. Brock (deceased)
c. Unnamed Child (miscarriage)

m. D.L. Brock (dissolved by his death)

m. Jake Meyer (divorced)

m. Anthony Jones (divorced; deceased)
c. B.J. Jones (adopted; deceased)
Daughter of Tony and Tania, adopted by Bobbie.
c. Lucas Stansbury Jones (adopted)
Son of Cheryl Stansbury and Julian Jerome.

m. Stefan Cassadine (divorced; deceased)

Patricia Spencer
Daughter of Tim and Lena Spencer, sister of Luke (see above) and Bobbie.

Contributor

I use to watch it with my grandma way back when in the middle of the 60's, as the years went on I thought Ruby was a Madame and in the beginning Bobbie worked for her. Am I wrong with this assumption? Then I remember ruby owning the diner and rooming house. I stopped watching the show for 20 yrs or so, so I'm trying to catch up. One LifeTo Live was my show I'm still devastated
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/8/2015 beadaholic said: I use to watch it with my grandma way back when in the middle of the 60's, as the years went on I thought Ruby was a Madame and in the beginning Bobbie worked for her. Am I wrong with this assumption? Then I remember ruby owning the diner and rooming house. I stopped watching the show for 20 yrs or so, so I'm trying to catch up. One LifeTo Live was my show I'm still devastated

I started watching with my grandmother in the 60's too. She called it "watching the stories", LOL. Smiley Happy

I think you are correct about Ruby and Bobbie. I seem to remember that too.

I loved One Live to Live and All My Children too. I miss all the old ABC soaps including Port Charles and Ryan's Hope. Good stuff. Smiley Happy