Frequent Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ January Thread

On 1/6/2015 grandma r said: I have to question who Sloane really works for. Why are these writers rewriting their own stories; apparently they had no foresight or planning.

I think Sloane has another agenda and he's pretending he's on the side of justice.

steffieg

Super Contributor

I think the whole WSB has gone rogue and Sloan is one of them. Why else would Anna be a target over an international criminal's treatment since Faison was considered an enemy of the state forever before this. Who would care how he was treated. The WSB was known for snuffing out bad guys by whatever means possible.

Frequent Contributor

On 1/6/2015 RainCityGirl said:

I think the whole WSB has gone rogue and Sloan is one of them. Why else would Anna be a target over an international criminal's treatment since Faison was considered an enemy of the state forever before this. Who would care how he was treated. The WSB was known for snuffing out bad guys by whatever means possible.

That whole agency has gotten out of control, thanks to the Cassadines. Years ago when Shawn, Robert, Luke and Anna were agents, they took care of business.

I believe that Anna Devane is a better agent than Police Commissioner. I was just thinking, there was an agent on All My Children last named Devane and they never tied the two characters together. I read on Wikipedia that this guy was supposed to be Anna's cousin?

steffieg

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Anna and Alexandra De Vane are twin sisters. On AMC Dimitri was with Alexandra, and Anna later appeared and eventually married David Hayward. They had a child who died of a heart condition.

Esteemed Contributor

Possible spoiler below:

I heard they were already replacing the actor who plays Agent Sloane with another, older soap actor. I can't remember his name because he is from a soap I don't watch.

I wondered if it was because the show plans to have the character and Anna in a romance after all.

If that is the case, they did not need to replace the actor on my account. I can see he is a bit younger than Anna but I think they have plenty of chemistry based on New Year's Eve and I was hoping for a romance between the two. So what if he is younger? I

t's about time Anna enjoyed a younger man, I say. She is very beautiful and I no doubt whatsoever that a man like the current Sloane would find her attractive. Boo if true, GH!!

Super Contributor

On 1/7/2015 BeckiWV said:

Possible spoiler below:

I heard they were already replacing the actor who plays Agent Sloane with another, older soap actor. I can't remember his name because he is from a soap I don't watch.

I wondered if it was because the show plans to have the character and Anna in a romance after all.

If that is the case, they did not need to replace the actor on my account. I can see he is a bit younger than Anna but I think they have plenty of chemistry based on New Year's Eve and I was hoping for a romance between the two. So what if he is younger? I

t's about time Anna enjoyed a younger man, I say. She is very beautiful and I no doubt whatsoever that a man like the current Sloane would find her attractive. Boo if true, GH!!

How are they going to get beyond the fact that when he was introduced, it was made clear that she was his mentor and trainer in the WSB which would mean he would be younger. I'm more in favor of Robert Scorpio (Tristan Rogers) returning. He and Anna had tons of chemistry on screen when they were married and raising Robin while they were fighting for truth and justice in the WSB.

Honored Contributor

Very true Sloane is being recast with an actor from ATWT. Never watched it so don't know who he is but he looks a bit older from the pic. And unfortunately, Tristan Rogers just re-upped for a year with Y&R so no Robert back to PC for a while. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Esteemed Contributor

I think these writers just let the stories fly with whatever idea they have at the moment. Hope they don't reconnect Lulu and Johnny!
Super Contributor

Aha! It IS Bill Eckert! My hunch way back was right. I figured they would never try the old mask thing again with the real Fluke, and since EVERYBODY comes back from the dead in Port Charles, it makes sense that Eckert would too. Now what?????

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/7/2015 RainCityGirl said:

Aha! It IS Bill Eckert! My hunch way back was right. I figured they would never try the old mask thing again with the real Fluke, and since EVERYBODY comes back from the dead in Port Charles, it makes sense that Eckert would too. Now what?????

Haven't seen the episode yet but that really kind of disappoints me. Bill was not a bad person back in the day. In fact, he pretended to be in the cartel to bring it down but he did the right things in the end. It was Bill who shot Harlan Barrett to protect Robert Scorpio. I liked Bill Eckert. He was not Luke, of course, but he was still ok. Gee whiz.

I really hate when GH re-writes history and makes previously good people go bad and in this instance, it would be really, really bad. Why would Bill do all this, even to killing people? Perhaps he has been brainwashed by Helena too (I hope!).

They better have some good explanations that make logical sense, not just for now, but history wise too.

I still have not gotten over Commissioner Ramsey being Mr. Big!! {#emotions_dlg.angry}

I was hoping the culprit would be Valentin Cassadine and that he would also be a Spencer relative as well as a Cassadine, accounting for the resemblance to Luke.