Regular Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ January 2023 ~ Spoilers Included

I think they will honor Epiphany. The actress clearly meant a lot to the cast of GH.

Will they soon reveal who the hook killer is? Or wait until Feb sweeps?

Esteemed Contributor

Regarding January, 2023 questions:

One word for past GH year: FRUSTRATING

What I'd like to see changed: Long, drawnout story lines with no end in sight, or ones that simply get dropped with no attempt to revisit at all.

Respected Contributor

January Question(s) of the Month:

1. What one word or phrase would you use to describe the 2022 year of General Hospital?
    @ninjawife SLOOOOW and also: insipid, boring, classless, ridiculous, ludicrous (for a few words) and phrases:  lacking writing creativity, insulting to viewers, rewriting history, dumbing down of originally strong characters
  2. If you could advise Frank & Co:  Halt the path and most of the S/L's now in progress.  Give closure.  Re-read GH history and at least try to stay on topic with a S/L and/or character.  Reduce the extremely bloated acting staff.  Create a few well written, interesting S/L's with interesting characters (who can deliver their part well) and continue without adding more and more "filler" each day. If a new character/couple/S/L is not working; say goodbye and try another.  Oh, and remember this is General Hospital (an ensemble cast) not the Maurice Benard Show.I'll stop here since I expect Frank's attention span may be somewhat limited. uld be one/some of your suggestions? 
Esteemed Contributor

I am sure the show will pay tribute to Epiphany's passing one way or the other. As to whether they will replace her, I don't know. Perhaps the show will have her depart for med school in the script, and put a notice on screen at the end of the show. She was a long time member of the cast, so I think something will be done.

Respected Contributor

QOTM

1.  I would use the word "Lackluster" to describe this show.

2.  Stop repeating the same old themes. For example:

Are you my mother/father?  

These days, people go on 23 and me /ancestry etc. and find out for themselves...explore that option.  
Let's see Weeping Willow receive the leaf 🍃 notification; without help from Drew, or Carly blocking information.

Watch as Willow's heart stops when she discovers Nina is mommy dearest. This at her own hands!

Willow, would have no one to blame but herself for submitting her own DNA.

Carly would have to dig much deeper into those pockets, or try to purchase the company to keep Willow in the dark.

*No working security cameras 

Let's keep the security cameras up and running...properly. 

All of PC residences, estates, galleries, bar alleys, docks, hospital areas, etc. could be up to date, so that we can go to the cameras and get real answers. 

Perhaps Spinelli could open a legitimate security company implementing these practices. Of course he could still go rogue now and again.

*Returns from the dead and Dopplegangers

Leave the dead RIP already! Stop the resurrections. (please start with Luke and Franco🤞)
I've yet to see one person I personally know, or was acquainted with,come back from the dead, or be presumed dead. 
And no Twinning allowed anymore! 

Stop recycling actors.

Really explore the idea of new characters...and don't make them disposable. Give them a fighting chance to evolve.

BTW give your second string actors a little more screen time and develop those characters!  We may like seeing them better than your regulars. 

You missed this opportunity with Ephiphany!  You had plenty of time to put that actress front and center. She had long proved herself a worthy actress. The character was well liked and you dropped the ball. It's too late now. 

Don't miss the opportunity with Terry. 

*Falling /Jumping  from the parapet and living is a no no. 

The only thing this accomplished was for me to become familiar with what a parapet is. 😝 

I feel like I'm watching Dark Shadows everytime I see a Windermere scene.

Where's element of surprise?  How many people have gone over that thing already? Dont answer. 😆 

@Tique  Please keep me informed about the Ephiphany tribute.

Spoiler

🥳 Happy New Year to all the GH fans! 🎊 

Respected Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

QOTM

1.  I would use the word "Lackluster" to describe this show.

2.  Stop repeating the same old themes. For example:

Are you my mother/father?  

These days, people go on 23 and me /ancestry etc. and find out for themselves...explore that option.  
Let's see Weeping Willow receive the leaf 🍃 notification; without help from Drew, or Carly blocking information.

Watch as Willow's heart stops when she discovers Nina is mommy dearest. This at her own hands!

Willow, would have no one to blame but herself for submitting her own DNA.

Carly would have to dig much deeper into those pockets, or try to purchase the company to keep Willow in the dark.

*No working security cameras 

Let's keep the security cameras up and running...properly. 

All of PC residences, estates, galleries, bar alleys, docks, hospital areas, etc. could be up to date, so that we can go to the cameras and get real answers. 

Perhaps Spinelli could open a legitimate security company implementing these practices. Of course he could still go rogue now and again.

*Returns from the dead and Dopplegangers

Leave the dead RIP already! Stop the resurrections. (please start with Luke and Franco🤞)
I've yet to see one person I personally know, or was acquainted with,come back from the dead, or be presumed dead. 
And no Twinning allowed anymore! 

Stop recycling actors.

Really explore the idea of new characters...and don't make them disposable. Give them a fighting chance to evolve.

BTW give your second string actors a little more screen time and develop those characters!  We may like seeing them better than your regulars. 

You missed this opportunity with Ephiphany!  You had plenty of time to put that actress front and center. She had long proved herself a worthy actress. The character was well liked and you dropped the ball. It's too late now. 

Don't miss the opportunity with Terry. 

*Falling /Jumping  from the parapet and living is a no no. 

The only thing this accomplished was for me to become familiar with what a parapet is. 😝 

I feel like I'm watching Dark Shadows everytime I see a Windermere scene.

Where's element of surprise?  How many people have gone over that thing already? Dont answer. 😆 

@Tique  Please keep me informed about the Ephiphany tribute.

Spoiler

🥳 Happy New Year to all the GH fans! 🎊 

@KBEANS   Happy New Year to all.  🎉. These are some GREAT scenarios!  Would love to see them come to fruition.  📺❤

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy 2023!!!

@Tique , please include ne in your tribute to Sonya Eddy.  I believe yours will be truly hearfelt.

Questions:  writing is pitiful!!!  No flow, continuity,  or imagination.  2.  Insist writers, producers,  et al watch and rewatch GH from day one.  Just maybe someone will understand the history of our show and realize that its longevity is based on creativity.  The bloated cast, full of totally unnecessary characters, with ridiculous storylines and long, drawn out ramblings are insults to long time viewers.  

My thoughts....wrap up the hook now.  Austin and Cuz can disappear, along with Cody.  Either put Chase back on the force or write him out by going on tour with Blaze and BLQ.  Beyond time for family to know about Willow's illness.  Mikey, the tough guy, doesn't work.  Taking down Sonny at this point should be a no brainer!  And, as far as Sonny and Nina are concerned,  painful to watch.  Neither actor can pull off the pairing.

Ok, I'll shut up now.  Maybe this week I'll get back to watching regularly.  As for now, I need a nap.  Since my surgery, just showering and getting dressed is exhausting. 

Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort  @grandma r  @KBEANS  you are automatically on any list that I would create along with the other ladies who belong to this group. Whether you like it or not. Roxy told me to add that part. She's trying to catch some after Christmas bargains.

Related image

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique , thank you for our new thread. I appreciate very much the time and effort you consistently put forth, which makes coming here daily such a pleasure. I also understand your need to step away some. You need to do what's best for you. Also, please include me in your tribute to 'Epiphany'. I know you'll do her justice..

~H~
Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB   I have a couple of words for you.

You are now on my PTW {People to Watch} List. Up until this morning I thought we were good. I had just listed your BD on this month's list and asked myself the exact same ❔ I asked last year which was: Why on January 6, 2021 weren't we celebrating your BD in addition to being glued to the tv watching the events of the day. Whew! I managed to make that reference without stating anything specific. 

Back to my couple of words - I reminded myself by the time you shared your birth date it had already passed therefore I updated the 2021 list so I would have your info the following year. Your DD and I share the same BD but I was thinking we are each other's "half-birthday" friend because our BDs are exactly six months apart. Remember when you were 6 and how important it was to add that "and a half" when someone would ask how old you were. It was much more powerful to be 6 1/2 than just 6.

Again thinking good thoughts about you. And then I got an alert from the December thread. Even though you were subtle I think you may have been insinuating that I'm slipping, You very diplomatically informed me that it is January, not June. Don't want to falsely accuse you but just so you know: There are eyes on you.

eyes on the wall - Cats Will Eat You

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.