Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ January 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

"Cam will get a scholarship to a school far away from Port Charles."

Oh please yes... Does this ever work for me... Hoping Trina does too... Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom wrote:

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

@Tique wrote:

Spoilers and Rumors for upcoming stories are plentiful.

Here are some I've read:

There will be a sequel to Josh Swickard {Chase} and his wife, Lorynn York's Netflix hit, A California Christmas. Filming is scheduled to begin early this year so he may be leaving permanently or temporarily to start on that.

Of all the postings, this is the one I have read to be true (Soaps In Depth; An Interview with Josh and his wife).  They were surprised and delighted to have a sequel to A California Christmas.

Did anybody watch that movie?  I started it but it was like watching paint dry.  Maybe I should give it in another chance; perhaps I just wasn't in the mood.

That movie sounds to me like nothing more than essentially a Hallmark type Christmas movie... Chase might need to take a leave of absence to make a sequel, but unless there are more and better offers coming in than this, he'd be crazy to give up a regular paycheck from General Hospital... He's a cute guy and his career might really take off, but this doesn't strike me as his 'big break'...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

@Wsmom @stevieb  I agree with you about Alexis. She was quite compelling in her scenes with Nik and Ava. Even through her alcoholic haze she shared some wisdom about addicts which she knows about first hand since she is one. At this point the only other person with whom I find Alexis even remotely interesting is Valentin. 

@Tique  I think Valentin makes whoever he's with a tad more interesting. A wonderful character and a consistently solid portrayal, though I prefer him a bit more edgy than he's been lately. The writers and the actor finding just the right mix of scoundrel and his softer side is critical for this character. They need to keep him at least a bit enigmatic.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom wrote:

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

@Tique wrote:

Spoilers and Rumors for upcoming stories are plentiful.

Here are some I've read:

There will be a sequel to Josh Swickard {Chase} and his wife, Lorynn York's Netflix hit, A California Christmas. Filming is scheduled to begin early this year so he may be leaving permanently or temporarily to start on that.

Of all the postings, this is the one I have read to be true (Soaps In Depth; An Interview with Josh and his wife).  They were surprised and delighted to have a sequel to A California Christmas.

Did anybody watch that movie?  I started it but it was like watching paint dry.  Maybe I should give it in another chance; perhaps I just wasn't in the mood.

I watched it but I had to FF some of it. Josh and his wife are pretty to look at and had great chemistry. I found no fault with their acting either, but the movie itself was like the usual Hallmark or Lifetime movie. I am happy for them though, that it performed so well.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

Screenshot_2021-01-02 Maurice Benard on Instagram “2020 was the year of highs and lows Believe it or not I’ve learned so mu[...].png

General Hospital Spoilers: Maurice Benard Shows Gray Beard, Teases Sonny's  Storyline - Lost & Confused With Amnesia? | Celeb Dirty Laundry

General Hospital Spoilers: Maurice Benard Hints Sonny's New Silver Fox Look  - Returning To New GH Episodes With Grey Hair? | Celeb Dirty Laundry

@Tique great shots, thank you.  When I first saw the top picture and heard Mo tease that it might be storyline related, my first thought was Sonny is going to impersonate Cyrus for some reason.  Of course, Sonny could have been living on the Jersey streets after he crawled out of the river with amnesia too, lol. 

Or... does anyone else think Sonny doesn't have amnesia at all and got in touch with Jason soon after the accident and Jason is doing his bidding right now? Having Cyrus be convinced Sonny is dead is a big advantage. Ahhhhhh, pobably far fetched I know. 

Esteemed Contributor

I kinda hate the spoiler about Britt, I really enjoy her.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@BeckiWV wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

I watched it but I had to FF some of it. Josh and his wife are pretty to look at and had great chemistry. I found no fault with their acting either, but the movie itself was like the usual Hallmark or Lifetime movie. I am happy for them though, that it performed so well.

@BeckiWV  @Wsmom   thank you for your reviews. I always put more stock in reading what those I "know" have to say about something. Admittedly from first reading the description my thoughts were similar to @stevieb's - thinking it sounded more  "Hallmarkish" than something I would enjoy at this time. I am happy for our GH star and wish the couple continued success.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@BeckiWV wrote:

I kinda hate the spoiler about Britt, I really enjoy her.  Smiley Sad

@BeckiWV   I'm hoping the part about her dying is false but it might be a good storyline for her to deal with Huntington's although other than Mike's story GH hasn't had much success/reality dealing with illness.

I wouldn't be me if I didn't say I would rather her half-sibling be diagnosed with that condition. It still wouldn't be a reach. How many times has the lab reported faux results especially during Brad's tenure. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Lesley.JPG

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@grandma r  I have the same feelings for Cyrus. I really hate that Jason has to put himself out there as the person who inititated this kidnapping of an infirmed elderly woman. I almost wish he had let Carly run with it but that's not who he is. As Jason said in one of those promos, that's been a line he had never crossed and never expected he would. Obviously Laura didn't expect Carly to do that so if/when it comes up that she put this in motion it could possibly fracture their friendship.

Before Jason or Sonny would have gone that extreme they would have made sure the children were in protective custody, i.e. most likely on Sonny's island. I guess this could be exciting but it's not for me. Want it over.

Yes, I'm there... I just want it over... Not particularly concerned about possible ramifications or retaliations, I just find the whole thing tedious... I'm sure there's another villain waiting in the wings, I'm tired of Cyrus and all the hoopla around him... Just cut your losses and move on... This is tiresome...

Obviously, I don't have the history with this show that some do but I assume, based on some of what I see written here, that at one time this show was not 'all mob all the time'... I'd personally like to see a bit less about the crime wars... More times than not, the 'shoot 'em up' scenes are more laughable than anything else... I had begun to really enjoy this show, but I've found the last few weeks awfully dull... I'll grant you, my attention span might not be the greatest unless it's challenged, but this nonsense isn't remotely challenging it...

I don't care for her character at this point or frankly, for the actress, but Alexis gave a more than solid performance yesterday and the scenes with her, Ava and Nik were some compelling viewing.... Meanwhile, the back and forth between Nina and Jax, as well as between Portia and Jordan were, past a point, fabulous fodder for fast fowarding, as they could easily have been maintained but abbreiviated...

@stevieb , I agree.  Not a fan of NLG at all but she does drunk very well.

The mob stories have been a major part of the show for way too long IMO.  I am just sick of them and the Corinthos family.  Carly and her holier than thou attitude and all her shrieking and the joke that are Sonny and Jason and the unbelievably horrible acting and delivery of lines.  A smaller amount of really good mob stories with decent acting would be better than all this drawn-out high school play type stuff. 

I could not agree more, @Wsmom !  There are very few of us who are strong enough to say it out loud, but I am not a fan of the Corinthos family!  I do love MB, LW and SB, however, they are treated as law abiding citizens when they are not!

Also, not a fan of NLG ever!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it