Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ January 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

@KBEANS wrote:

I thought the best part of Monday's show was Alexis learning of Nicholas and Ava's newfound love and dissecting the marriage and predicting it will go KAPUT! It was so poignant how she intertwined her addiction and dysfunctional relationship, with their addiction, and dysfunctional relationship. She got them pondering it themselves now.

Carly proved to me that what I have suspected since I started watching; that SHE is the head of the "Family"! 

@KBEANS  Agree, the Alexis-Ava-Nic scenes in the bar were some very well acted and scripted scenes... though I hate to see anyone tampering with Ava and Nik's relationship, much less Alexis being the one to do so.... I really enjoy them together and even though, this being a soap, I know that sooner or later they'll probably bust up, I'd like to see them hang tough with each other for a while... There could be some very cool things in their future and they're far more interesting than most, if not all, of the other couples on this show...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@grandma r  I have the same feelings for Cyrus. I really hate that Jason has to put himself out there as the person who inititated this kidnapping of an infirmed elderly woman. I almost wish he had let Carly run with it but that's not who he is. As Jason said in one of those promos, that's been a line he had never crossed and never expected he would. Obviously Laura didn't expect Carly to do that so if/when it comes up that she put this in motion it could possibly fracture their friendship.

Before Jason or Sonny would have gone that extreme they would have made sure the children were in protective custody, i.e. most likely on Sonny's island. I guess this could be exciting but it's not for me. Want it over.

Yes, I'm there... I just want it over... Not particularly concerned about possible ramifications or retaliations, I just find the whole thing tedious... I'm sure there's another villain waiting in the wings, I'm tired of Cyrus and all the hoopla around him... Just cut your losses and move on... This is tiresome...

Obviously, I don't have the history with this show that some do but I assume, based on some of what I see written here, that at one time this show was not 'all mob all the time'... I'd personally like to see a bit less about the crime wars... More times than not, the 'shoot 'em up' scenes are more laughable than anything else... I had begun to really enjoy this show, but I've found the last few weeks awfully dull... I'll grant you, my attention span might not be the greatest unless it's challenged, but this nonsense isn't remotely challenging it...

I don't care for her character at this point or frankly, for the actress, but Alexis gave a more than solid performance yesterday and the scenes with her, Ava and Nik were some compelling viewing.... Meanwhile, the back and forth between Nina and Jax, as well as between Portia and Jordan were, past a point, fabulous fodder for fast fowarding, as they could easily have been maintained but abbreiviated...

@stevieb , I agree.  Not a fan of NLG at all but she does drunk very well.

The mob stories have been a major part of the show for way too long IMO.  I am just sick of them and the Corinthos family.  Carly and her holier than thou attitude and all her shrieking and the joke that are Sonny and Jason and the unbelievably horrible acting and delivery of lines.  A smaller amount of really good mob stories with decent acting would be better than all this drawn-out high school play type stuff. 

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom @stevieb  I agree with you about Alexis. She was quite compelling in her scenes with Nik and Ava. Even through her alcoholic haze she shared some wisdom about addicts which she knows about first hand since she is one. At this point the only other person with whom I find Alexis even remotely interesting is Valentin. 

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Well we went from the same city who treated Mike the mob boss's dad  with elder compassion and love to  Florence the mob boss's mother with elder abuse of kidnapping her out of her bed. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Super Contributor

Cyrus was responsible for a shootout in the old neighborhood when Sonny took Mike for a visit. This caused a setback for Mike who was traumatized. No one is safe in Port Charles including the elderly and children. 

Trusted Contributor

I think you are right and Joss wll be the one to get kidnapped especially since they seem focused on her.  If so, because of stress, Jax may make a slip about Nell and the necklace that Carly told him about.  I think that was a bad thing for Carly to do, she always reacts and doesn't think things out.  I miss seeing Sonny.

Respected Contributor

I don't think he will take Joss because she would be harder to take & harder to control. The little one won't fight back. I hate to see any of them in harms way but it is easier to take & control a small child.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

GH Spoilers: Will Anna Bust Obrecht?

Diane Brounstein

General Hospital spoilers for Wednesday Thursday reveal a possible bust, shocking news, a promise, and so much more.

General Hospital Spoilers Highlights

Anna sees a disguised Obrecht and asks if she knows her. She must get the blow-off from her longtime nemesis because Anna moves on and questions Dante about his time with the WSB. He seems a little lost about some details but realizes he’s going to find out eventually. Will Liesl be lurking nearby with the clicker?

After all, she can’t let Anna get in the way of Dante taking down Peter once and for all, especially now that she knows her darling Maxie is pregnant with his child. Meanwhile, Peter and Maxie have a heart-to-heart talk that must get him feeling grateful about all he has because he believes it’s truly been worth everything. Will Liesl succeed in taking it all away?

Words of Valentin Warning

Not if Valentin has anything to say about it, but lucky for her, Valentin has other things on his mind right now, as does Martin. Martin is distracted and wants to go but Valentin lays down the law and lets his lawyer know he’ll leave when he’s good and ready to let him leave. Valentin makes Martin a promise.

Britt comes upon Kevin as he’s peering into his brother’s room at GH. She tells him it’s out of their hands but that doesn’t stop him from texting his wife, who is at Charlie’s with Nikolas and Ava. She gets the text and tells them they need to all head to GH. The news about Ryan throws Laura for a loop while Ava receives word regarding her brother.

Cyrus Loses His Grip

Cyrus is still freaking out about Jason having momknapped Florence (even though it was Carly) and lets Jordan know he expects her to come to his mother’s rescue. Jordan refuses to help Cyrus and lets him know there’s nothing she can do from there. Oops. He lets her know that’s the wrong answer.

Franco seems lost searching for an answer himself. He meets up with Liz at the Metro Court and is stumped about something, unsure what to do about it. Will he finally confide in his wife? She is usually pretty good at figuring things out.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

I don't think he will take Joss because she would be harder to take & harder to control. The little one won't fight back. I hate to see any of them in harms way but it is easier to take & control a small child.

It would be easy to take baby Donna. Her mother certainly has nothing to do with her. When is the last time we have seen her holding the baby?  Typical Carly not to even consider what her actions would cause to happen. What makes her think her kids are any safer than they were when Dev was killed?

Honored Contributor

Three Moves General Hospital Must Make in 2021

Janet DiLauro

General Hospital Peter

General Hospital wrapped up 2020 with some big bang moments – the Floating Rib explosion that rendered Lulu comatose and claimed Dev and Dustin’s lives; Sasha’s near-fatal overdose, and the bridge collapse that left Julian dead and Sonny mysteriously missing.

Three Moves For General Hospital

What does the show have planned for an encore in the new year? Here are three moves General Hospital must make in 2021.

1. Peter’s Comeuppance

It’s time for Peter to finally pay the piper. The character has been running rampant and getting away with murder – literally – since he debuted in 2017. Yes, viewers have seen his softer side since he’s fallen in love with Maxie, and he looks forward to marrying her and impending fatherhood.

However, it’s impossible to forget his litany of crimes or that he set up Liesl to take the fall for him. Peter’s evil deeds need to be exposed and he needs to be held accountable for all of them, paving the way for Liesl’s vindication and reunion with Maxie and her grandson James.

2. Family Matters

While it’s wonderful to have Laura back in the storyline forefront with two new half-brothers, Martin and Cyrus, two key members of her family need to return to the canvas: her missing kids, Lucky and Lulu. Lucky’s been MIA for far too long. It’s time he reconnected with his mother, not to mention his son, Aiden.

Meanwhile, the mother-daughter relationship between Laura and Lulu was always one of the show’s finest. Their special bond is missed. Plus, it’s sad seeing Rocco and Charlotte motherless, and the potential for a poignant Dante and Lulu reconciliation left unrealized.

3. Elizabeth’s Reign

Rebecca Herbst has been a GH mainstay since she premiered as Elizabeth in 1997, and she always delivers whether she’s driving storyline or serving as a supporting player. Over the past year, she’s fallen into the latter category, helping Franco through his problems and medical woes, and advising her son Cameron through his angst-ridden teenage years.

Elizabeth needs to be made a priority in 2021 and the center of a plot that focuses on her. The groundwork could be easily set if her first love, Lucky, returned to Port Charles.