Honored Contributor

General Hospital ~ January 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

Top 300+ Happy New Year 2021 Images Free Download

Happy January!

Everyone is welcome. 

Once a year Reminders:

Many who post here regularly are long time viewers and are committed to this show. We are a passionate group and sometimes go a little overboard getting our point(s) across. Be respectful of each other and our various/varying opinions.

Whatever a poster shares in the GH threads, let it remain in the GH threads unless you get their permission to take it elsewhere.

Don't let anyone run you away until or unless you are ready to leave.                           

It has been one year since the second Nina and Valentin non-wedding. Here's a recap of some of the things that happened in January of last year. 

• Valentin pushed Ava off the Wyndemere parapet while his wedding guests were waiting for the festivities to begin. Nikolas was there skulking around because he planned to crash Valentin and Nina’s wedding. NuNikolas couldn't have had a better entrance to announce his return from the dead if he had personally planned it. He burst into Wyndemere carrying an almost drowned, freezing, and dripping wet Ava.

• After everyone got over the shock of seeing Nik, he was met with mixed reactions. Laura was so appalled she slapped him.

• Although the wedding which was scheduled didn't happen, in an unexpected move that same night Nikolas and Ava wed.

• Several Port Charles residents received an invitation to Shiloh’s memorial. The surprise guest at the memorial was the newly released from Pentonville/recently widowed Mrs. Shiloh Archer aka Nelle Benson.

• Nelle insinuated herself into the Quartermaine family once again. This time claiming she was the new owner of Oscar’s shares of ELQ stock which he had supposedly bequeathed to her late husband.

• NuNik and his new wife Ava flew to France to tell Spencer that the past three years Spencer had spent mourning and missing his dad were all for naught. Nik had the audacity to be surprised and hurt when Spencer promptly and completely rejected him.

• Marcus Taggert came back to Port Charles. We learned he and Jordan were former partners.

• Mob action returned to GH with a vengeance. Three shootouts occurred simultaneously.

Since the beginning of the December thread  some stories either moved, started, or ended. Ended? Okay that was wishful thinking.

• Taggert continued to run all over Port Charles determined to keep an eye on Trina. His bad decisions finally resulted in Jordan having to kill a man who was after Taggert. This forced Jordan to confess to Trina, Portia, Mac, and finally her husband, Curtis, that Taggert's death was faked.
  • After multiple attempts by multiple people Julian finally died after falling off a bridge in Secaucus NJ. Sonny was also on the bridge; at this time he is MIA.

• After teaming up with Curtis, Laura discovered the mystery woman Cyrus had stashed away was the wife of her biological father, Florence Grey. Along with that information came some other startling news, Laura has two half-brothers, Cyrus Renault and Martin Grey.

• After confronting Jordan about her serial lying and lying by omission, Curtis walked out. When TJ found out about Curtis he put two and two together and figured out Mama Commissioner had been lying to him also. Jordan spent the holiday alone.

Thank you to All who answered December's QOTM.

January Questions of the Month:

• What existing storyline{s) do you want to end?
  • What new storyline(s) would you like to see?

Provide details for your choices.

We continue to face obstacles our Country has never dealt with before. As we begin 2021 let's do so with optimism, putting the disappointments/failures of 2020 behind us - learning from them but not dwelling on them. Every day is another chance to start again and do better. 

Make wise choices. Don't get weary and/or careless when it comes to protecting youself and your loved ones. Please and thank you.

May this be a truly Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

Happy New Year GIF by Matthew Butler

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ January 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

Let us know if you are celebrating a birthday this month.

Happy Birthday January | WishesGreeting

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Community of GH Posters/Readers & their Location via State

CALIFORNIA

SleeplessinSD   {Southern}

wsmom     {Northern}

FLORIDA

SloopJohnB     {Southeast}  

southern comfort     {Southeast}

ILLINOIS

abbalulu

cowboy sam

Tique

LOUISIANA

Renata

NEW JERSEY

daisy3     {Northern}

NEW YORK

Coquille

Helena852     {Western side of the state}

I am still oxox     {Westchester County}

Jordan2

NORTH CAROLINA

kathybnc2     {Biss}

OHIO

LipstickDiva     {North Central}

OKLAHOMA

redwingsgal

OREGON

rhodygal

PENNSYLVANIA

CLHS68

Grandma r      {Lehigh Valley}

NancyE         

TENNESSEE

Preds

TEXAS

Corita     {West}

VIRGINIA

Annabellethecat      {Southern between Richmond & DC}

WASHINGTON

RainyDayGirl

WEST VIRGINIA

BeckiWV

WISCONSIN

Wiskota

If you want to be added to this list, please provide your state.

Respected Contributor

With supposedly Carly kidnapping Cyrus' mother, I would like to see an ending to the war against Cyrus with Cyrus being taken out.  

I would also like Nina to find out that Nelle is her daughter and put an end to any notion that Nelle will come back.  

I would like Peter to be exposed and have that all play out. 

I am interested in what will happen with Sonny and I am wondering when Brooke Lynn will return to reveal she is pregnant with Valentin's baby.

Trusted Contributor

Happy New Year to all and hope it is a blessed one for all.

I also want to see the Nina baby story out and she knows about Nell.  I am not liking the storyline that Laura is related to these two guys.  Wonder what else is coming out that they went down that road.  I would like to see Carly come to the front and take over.  She has always been strong and headstrong as well so she can make it interesting.

I was thinking about Brook Lyn and Valentin, but then again what about Britt and Julian and Molly and Brando, quite a few buns in the oven.  Wonder which will materialize.  

Honored Contributor

@miata1 

how about the hook up between Alexis &Ned??

I also liked how Carly took charge and wisked away Cryrus's mother..and now he is shook over itand in shock!

Will he blame Jason who knew nothing about it?

How will Brando handle the threat over his head by Cryrus?Will he tell Jason?

Carly...you go gal! show Cryrus not to mess with you!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Earlier this week I mentioned a feature I thought would make a good addition to our threads: Scenes worth seeing again. The only person who commented was @DLew  but we both got hearts so let's give it a go.

When I was perusing the January 2020 thread there were more than a few references to a dress Maxie was wearing at that time. I had to find a clip to refresh my memory.

Here are some of the statements which made me curious. @redwingsgal  @Lipstickdiva  @grandma r  hope you're okay with this.

@redwingsgal wrote:

WTH was Maxie wearing at Lulu's house yesterday??  I think my Grandma needs her drapes back!!  ACKKKK!!!  And then she went to work in that ??!!!???...

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

...I just don't even know what to say about Maxie anymore.  It annoys me what is going on with her wardrobe.  She works for a fashion magazine for goodness sake.  She couldn't be more unfashionable if they tried.  That dress was horrendous and she was in desperate need of a decent bra.

@grandma r wrote:

@Lipstickdiva   I don't know why wardrobe people are dressing Maxie this way either.  So what if the actress has gained weight!!!  There are much better options for a fashion mag editor here on QVC!!!  I find it a bit offensive that they are dressing her in such unflattering clothing!!!...

This clip shows the aforementioned  Maxie's Dress

This can be a "yes" or "no" question and you don't even have to think about it like you might with the QOTM. Give your unbiased opinion. Is the dress really that bad?

Smiley wink, slower | Animated love images, Smiley emoji, Smiley

Respected Contributor

This clip shows the aforementioned  Maxie's Dress

This can be a "yes" or "no" question and you don't even have to think about it like you might with the QOTM. Give your unbiased opinion. Is the dress really that bad?

For a dress, my vote is "yes", it is that bad "on her". For a Willow or Sasha (a burlap bag would look good). Now, for a bathrobe or lounging robe, it may be OK if her girls don't escape. Honestly, I really must have blocked this out of my small memory banks.

Respected Contributor

• What existing storyline{s) do you want to end?
  • Please end the back and forth with the quad "adult teens", Willow/Michael/Chase/Sasha. Hook them up with whomever, but just end the back and forth banter or let me join @stevieb and start slapping faces....hard.
  • The S/L of Cyrus of course.  IMO, this "new mobster in town" might have been an interesting S/L (without the drugs, death and destruction) IF another actor had the part. At least an actor who was easier on the eyes and wore clothes well (or didn't wear clothes)....sorry, my mind was wandering. 
  • Get Alexis off the I'm going to drink, get drunk, so there soapbox (visualize her sticking her tongue out).
  • End whiney Sam who just woke up to the fact that the love of her life can put she and the kids in peril...oh puh...lease. 
  • Send Dante back to Switzerland, or wherever, but first send him to a barber for a shave and haircut.
  • I don't want Nelle back, but I do want the Nina "I'm searching for my daughter S/L" to end.  Be there for Charlotte who loves you, Nina.
  • End the Jackie S/L about Chase/Finn...brother or son?  Matter of fact, end Jackie altogether.  Maybe she can go to Switzerland with Dante and do a follow up that will take years in the making.
  • Speaking of Switzerland, Jordan needs to leave PC and join the WSB and go off and see the world.
  • What new storyline(s) would you like to see?
  • Let's get some more Robert and Mac in front of the camera.  I'm still waiting for the "Scorpio brothers to ride again". 
  • Let's develop a positive S/L that will utilize Liesl's interesting and unique qualities for a change....ok,mein kinder?
  • Curtis, now being free of Jordan, gets a S/L of his own using his unique talents.
  • Brando, Brando, what to do with Brando?  I really like him in the garage working on chassis.

There you have a few of my rambling thoughts to January's QOTM.  Aren't you glad you asked?  ROTFLOL....

Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

...There you have a few of my rambling thoughts to January's QOTM.  Aren't you glad you asked?  ROTFLOL....

@mysoutherncomfort  Absolutely. So-o-o-o glad I asked.