Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ January 2020 ~ Spoilers Included

@Lipstickdiva And how can a 16yo even own stock in his name.  He's a minor.  Wouldn't it  have to be held in an adult's name as custodian for the minor?

You are absolutely (legally) on target and I know from personal, first hand experience and it happened to be (my experience) in upstate NY.  I know this is "soap land" and I get that, however, the law is the law (hello, ELQ lawyers...).  Even in Oscar's case, at the very least, Kim (or at the time, Daddy Drew), the parent, (or another designee) would be the custodian for the minor child and the "stock".  So, which WILL came first....Kilamanjaro or Shiloh; must admit I'm a bit fuzzy in that area.  I thought it was Shiloh (DOD) first and then Oscar re-wrote a second WILL with the Kilamanjaro Foundation being named.

Respected Contributor

Off topic:  I am in the Eastern time zone and at least half of today's show (Thursday) was interrupted by ABC's talking bobble heads.  No politics here, but will appreciate updates as time goes on and more and more interruptions occur.  I'm probably the last person on this planet that doesn't have a DVR...still use tape.  Please do not tar and feather me and run me out of PC on a rail.  Thank you............LOL  P.S.:  Plese do not tell Spinelli this; he would be appalled.

Super Contributor

Maybe wills and stock ownership became legal when Oscar was declared a liberated minor thanks to Alexis’s help, his job at Charlie’s, and his residency at Dawn of Day house. ???
Esteemed Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort   sleezo came first, when Oscar wanted to seperate from his parents.  As he got worse, he changed his mind.

However, he was a minor!!!!!  He needed an adult for the stocks until he reached legal age.  If that is the case for Danny and Scout, and possibly Lila Rae (who knows how old she is now), then it should aplly to Oscar.

IMO, they couod end the baby swap w/o witchy.  She could have just rotted away in prison, never to be seen again.  Brad could join her!!

Respected Contributor

@mysoutherncomfortI missed most of the show too. Got to see the last 15 minutes. You are not alone I do not have a VCR or DVR. We probably won't get much show for at least the next 2 weeks.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, that was a quick watch.

Honored Contributor

GH Recap: It’s Nelle Vs. The Quartermaines

General Hospital recap for Thursday features Nelle throwing her weight around, Lulu unloading on her brother and the Corinthos’ dealing with a pesky house guest.

General Hospital Recap Highlights

The Quartermaines were furious over Nelle's intrusion into both their home and their shareholders’ meeting. With Martin Grey by her side, Nelle told the family that she planned to use her status as the Widow Archer to vote her husband’s shares. The council for the Quartermaines informed the gatecrashers that since Oscar had two conflicting wills, they would be heading to court to determine which one would take precedence. In response, Martin revealed that until such a ruling was rendered, a recently obtained injunction allows Nelle full rights to vote the shares as she pleases.

Ned, Olivia, Tracy, and Brook Lynn all promised that they would make life unbearable for Nelle unless she voluntarily gave up the shares.

After being thrown out of Monica’s, Nelle hightailed it to Brad’s apartment and told her partner in crime that she would be moving in for the foreseeable future.

It’s Never Easy To Say, “I’m Sorry”

Before hopping on the Cassadine jet, Nikolas swung by Lulu’s and begged to be let in. When LuLu acquiesced, he profusely apologized for his actions and did his best to explain his reasoning. However, Lulu was in no mood to forgive. “I’m glad you're alive, Nikolas. But, beyond that, I just hope you come to your senses and I get my real brother back.”

Fox In The Hen House

Gladys paid a visit to the Corinthos house to inform Sonny that Mike had a particularly bad day. Sonny told her that he was aware and had already made plans to get Mike into the memory program that she had researched.

Gladys was pleased to hear the news and made herself comfortable on the couch, sure that Sonny and Carly would be only too happy to let her spend another night. Sonny cautioned Gladys that he knows she is just taking him for a ride but agreed to let her stay — at least until he got Mike settled. Afterward, they were going to have a very important conversation…

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

In the preview for tomorrow, was that Taggart???  Is he the person Jordan called to help her???  I think there is something fishy going on;  Trina and Stella each have a relative in PC, Jordan is playing things too close.  Not sure what, but, I think these things are not coincidental.  Sorry, just my suspicious mind.

How much longer are they planning to drag out the witch and the weasel????  Yes, I know it's a soap, however, those two need to be in prison for life!!!!

Honored Contributor

This show is getting stupid.  I agree with those who said Nell should have just rotted in jail.

Then baby Wiley (what a dumb name) got something that required only blood from a relative.  They do DNA and find out who the real baby daddy is...end of this story line.

But then they have to move on quickly because I'm just not up a year of watching Willow realize it was her baby that died.

Just how much are soap fans supposed to suspend reality?  

I feel like my poor brain is saying, "Enough!  Stop trying to make me think this is all normal".  Stop it!  Stop it!

Honored Contributor

@DLew wrote:
Maybe wills and stock ownership became legal when Oscar was declared a liberated minor thanks to Alexis’s help, his job at Charlie’s, and his residency at Dawn of Day house. ???

@DLew  that was never completed because Oscar reunited with Kim and Drew. Shortly after that he moved back home.

I blame Alexis for this. She didn't even know about this until it was presented at the reading of the will. As Oscar's lawyer she should have had his best interest in mind. Even though she couldn't necessarily talk him out of it, at least she could have warned him about the kind of man Sleezo really was.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.