Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ January 2018 Thread, Spoilers

@Lori Kaye wrote:

How many of you remember the original Franco played by the actor James Franco?  His name has been in the news a lot lately. 

Just my opinion, but I think James Franco the actor is every bit as weird as the character Franco when he played him.

Esteemed Contributor

His Franco was menacing!!!  He played the role to the hilt.  For me, the current Franco played the role as a caricature.

Certain roles were created for certain actors to showcase their strengths.  Not every role can be recast by anyone.  

Honored Contributor

SB is killing me and I can't even stand him with Sam.  

These wrenching divorce scenes are about all I'm watching right now.

I had to stop the fast forward to look at Ned's tan.  He's rivaling George Hamiilton.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

I found today they were a little over the top in insinuating that whoever that new manager of Aurora is, is Faison's other son. Whenever they cut to someone repeatedly during a mystery storyline it gives you a lot of clues. I sure hope that actor gets a little better at his role because being Faison's son is a lot to live up to. And quite frankly Nathan while handsome is not the worlds best actor either. I'd rather watch Obrecht any day over those two.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grandma r     Well one thing you can say about us: We are consistent. Read this. I snatched it from the August 2014 Thread.

Tique wrote:

On 8/28/2014 grandma r said: These stories are so lame. Todd as Franco is just pathetic, and, Silas is like a puppy......believing every word out of Nina' s mouth. I don't want to see people out of work, however, these assorted people from other shows just don't fit in. And, to make matters worse, the writers are basing stories on them. Focus on the established cast that you have. If they can't write any better than this, they need to be replaced! All of the OLTL people, Nina, Levi, and the frozen ones plus Heather can just go away. Maybe these writers could move on and try writing for the misfits somewhere else. For me, if Steve Burton isn't coming back then forget about a new Jason. SB owned that role just as MB is Sonny. The Franco role is now a farce. As creepy as James Franco was in the role, it's sad to see it become a caricature. I don't want to see that with Jason.

I completely agree with you - especially on the parts that I highlighted. I have said from the first day that Todd reappeared supposedly as Franco that he wasn't believable. Just as you said above about Steve Burton and Maurice Bernard, the same is true of James Franco. There are some characters that really are irreplaceable. GH, let it go and move on!!!

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@grandma r     Well one thing you can say about us: We are consistent. Read this. I snatched it from the August 2014 Thread.

@Tique wrote:

On 8/28/2014 grandma r said: These stories are so lame. Todd as Franco is just pathetic, and, Silas is like a puppy......believing every word out of Nina' s mouth. I don't want to see people out of work, however, these assorted people from other shows just don't fit in. And, to make matters worse, the writers are basing stories on them. Focus on the established cast that you have. If they can't write any better than this, they need to be replaced! All of the OLTL people, Nina, Levi, and the frozen ones plus Heather can just go away. Maybe these writers could move on and try writing for the misfits somewhere else. For me, if Steve Burton isn't coming back then forget about a new Jason. SB owned that role just as MB is Sonny. The Franco role is now a farce. As creepy as James Franco was in the role, it's sad to see it become a caricature. I don't want to see that with Jason.

I completely agree with you - especially on the parts that I highlighted. I have said from the first day that Todd reappeared supposedly as Franco that he wasn't believable. Just as you said above about Steve Burton and Maurice Bernard, the same is true of James Franco. There are some characters that really are irreplaceable. GH, let it go and move on!!!

The only thing I have to add is that Franco and Todd Manning are one in the same character. They are both twisted, damaged, sociopaths who have moments of humanity amidst their psychoses. 

Honored Contributor

I was surprised at Sonny being at the police station and..saying...i understand someone threw a brick in the window at JJ's place...maybe he will tell the keystone cops how to find out who did it!!   lol!

Now we have to deal with the 2 teens sex lives...sigh

plus  a story line about bullies!

Good think they don't have dogs or cats on the show for us to be told about their lives also!!!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Trusted Contributor

I was surprised at the end of the show and I am wondering if the story is about another couple because they hardly show those two even kissing let along talking anything further.  I guess I am missing something again.. I agree with the things that were said about Franco..  The people on this blog are very good in explaining things and giving opinions. Its fun to see what other viewers notice and think.

Honored Contributor

I have never liked this Lulu or what they did to her character.

I just can't believe she's a Spencer.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@miata1 wrote:

I was surprised at the end of the show and I am wondering if the story is about another couple because they hardly show those two even kissing let along talking anything further.  I guess I am missing something again.. I agree with the things that were said about Franco..  The people on this blog are very good in explaining things and giving opinions. Its fun to see what other viewers notice and think.

I agree @miata1.  I am guessing it it somebody else's but Carly will fly off the handle and it will become a PSA on teenage sex/safe sex, etc.

I want to say,  I liked Drew other day (was it Friday?) interacting with Oscar.  He actually showed personality.  Hopefully we see more of that in the future.