Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital šŸ„ February 2024 - Spoilers Included

@Wsmom wrote:

tvline has an interview with Antonio Sabato Jr. and his thoughts on never being invited back to GH when he has told them he is always ready.  I completely think this thoughts are accurate and that is just so wrong.  I can just picture NLG being at the head of the line carrying the torch to keep him out.

@Wsmom I don't know all the back story or very much about Antonio Sabato Jr.  Why would Nancy have a problem with him?  Do their politics not mesh?  I know she has very strong political views. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

tvline has an interview with Antonio Sabato Jr. and his thoughts on never being invited back to GH when he has told them he is always ready.  I completely think this thoughts are accurate and that is just so wrong.  I can just picture NLG being at the head of the line carrying the torch to keep him out.

@Wsmom I don't know all the back story or very much about Antonio Sabato Jr.  Why would Nancy have a problem with him?  Do their politics not mesh?  I know she has very strong political views. 

@ninjawife That is exactly it.  She very strongly believes if you do not fall in line with all of her beliefs you are a horrible person.  One of those people that everybody is entitled to their own opinion as long as it is her opinon.

Esteemed Contributor

Yay! time to set the DVR!!

Respected Contributor

Ok I need some background.  I stopped watching GH just as Sonny came on the show back in the early 1990s.  Jagger seems to think Sonny is no good.  I read some of Jagger's back story so I know that his wife Karen Wexler worked for Sonny as a stripper and I know his brother Stone worked for Sonny.  So my question is this, back then was Sonny a bad guy and not the lovable mobster he is today and if so what changed him?

Respected Contributor

Full disclosure:  I missed the first half today due to local breaking news.  I believe I caught up during the second half of today's episode.

As witnessed, Nik is turning himself over to Dante to be taken into custody.  And the case is holding Esme (the victim) during her pregnancy in the tower at Windemere.  Okie dokie.  BUTTT, the victim is "presumed" dead and therefore unable to bring a charge or testify.  Given who Nik is and his mother, no less, why would the PCPD bring charges against him when no one is there to testify as to his prosecution?  Unless I have this wrong.

So in the coming scenes Sonny suspects Brick?  

Good grief, Tracy is going to do something honorable?  She realizes that Martin really does love Lucy and she's going to tell him the truth?  Scotty and Lucy's plot to bring HER down?  As he dashes off to make amends with Lucy, will he catch she and Scotty in a compromising "situation"?  I say yes.

With Jason's return the week of March 4th, I will go out on a limb and say he "once again" saves Sonny's life.  This time.....hopefully.....no brainwashing.  He's been held captive, blah, blah, escaped, blah, blah................and finally made his way back to PC. It's my wishful thinking because I've had enough of brainwashing/mind control.  

Oh cute, Jordan and Anna in jail.  Robert to the rescue.  Doesn't the FBI override any local law enforcement?  Federal vs. local?

Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort I think Elizabeth turned state's evidence for immunity against Nik which cost Scotty his streudel so they do have her. 

@ninjawife I posted a whole article about Jagger's past I think in this thread. It should be a page or two back. I believe Sonny was still a night club owner and not the lovable misunderstood mob boss he is today if I have my history correct when the teens of yesteryear were at one another. 

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife This is Sonny's intro history. Jagger is Stone's brother. 

Sonny came to Port Charles in 1993, running a strip club for Frank Smith. He becomes involved with Karen Wexler, and gets her addicted to drugs to get her to work for him. Meanwhile, Sonny begins dating the young Brenda Barrett, the beginning of a popular Supercouple for the soap. He also befriends Stone Cates, Robin Scorpio and Frank's longtime employee, Luke Spencer. Brenda, who is more attracted to Sonny than to his mob ties, introduces him to an old Bensonhurst friend, Lois Cerullo, who needed Sonny's money to finance a record label. The romance of Sonny and Brenda takes off amidst their new business relationship as partners of the record label, L&B. Sonny travels to Puerto Rico to work security for L&B artist Miguel Morez. He informs the locals that Miguel is under the protection of Frank Smith's organization. Miguel soon begins flirting with a now-model Brenda, which makes Sonny jealous. While Brenda and Miguel bond, Sonny opens up to her about his abusive childhood at the hands of his step-father, Deke. The two reconcile.

Luke kills Frank to protect Sonny, and Sonny informs Frank's partner, Hernando Rivera, that he is taking over Frank's organization. Rivera kidnaps his daughter, Lily, Miguel, Sonny and Brenda; they later escape and return to the U.S. After they are rushed to safety, Sonny plots his next move, pretending to leave the mafia. Due to mafia ties, Sonny and Luke's club is blown up; that same night, Sonny discovers that Luke's driver, Mike Corbin, is actually his father, Michael Corinthos, Sr. After Stone is diagnosed with AIDS, Sonny takes him in. Sonny learned that Frank's son, Damian, is working with Joe Scully to sabotage shipments from Deception cosmetics. Sonny is reticent to take action against Scully, as he is the man responsible for saving Sonny from his abusive step father. During a confrontation at the docks, Mike is shot, and Sonny kills Scully, who was attempting to finish Mike off. Scully's henchmen go after Brenda, Stone and the Spencers, looking for revenge. Lily learns that Brenda is planning to record Sonny discussing his mob business and hand it over to the police. Sonny furiously throws Brenda out and begins dating Lily, though they take their relationship slowly. Sonny wants to forgive Brenda because her intent was never to turn him in.

Stone dies from AIDS, and his girlfriend Robin learns she has contracted HIV. After Stone's death, Sonny illegally pays for Stone's hospital bills. Sonny is arrested and Lily turns to her father, reconciling with him in exchange for his help. Rivera makes a deal that he will keep Sonny out of prison if he marries Lily. Sonny marries Lily, though Lily realizes that Sonny still loves Brenda and offers a divorce. Sonny refuses to leave Lily because he fears reprisals from Rivera, though he finds it hard to deny his feelings for Brenda. Instead, he takes Lily on a second honeymoon. After being trapped in an avalanche at a ski resort on the honeymoon, Brenda and Sonny agree to reconcile.

However, Lily reveals she's pregnant before Sonny can ask for a divorce. Brenda lets Sonny go, acknowledging his need to be an available father. Sonny and Brenda kiss passionately and declare their undying love for each other. Much to Sonny's dismay, Brenda moves on with Jasper "Jax" Jacks. Sadly, Lily dies in a car bombing targeting Sonny, killing her and the baby. Sonny finds out Rivera was responsible, and helps him die, later taking over Rivera's organization. Upon Lily's death, Sonny inherited 30 million dollars, which he donated to General Hospital to create a hospital wing in Stone's name.

When Jason Morgan suffers brain damage after a car accident, he confides in Sonny.

Jason would later become Sonny's enforcer and closest friend. On Jax and Brenda's wedding day, Sonny shows up with Jax's wife, Miranda Jameson, who was believed to be dead. After Jax leaves Brenda to make sense of it all, Brenda and Sonny reconcile. When attempting to save Brenda, Sonny is drugged. When Sonny is brought to the hospital, Sonny tells Brenda he loves her. Believing her marriage with Jax can work, she rejects Sonny. Sonny's former henchman, Harry Silver, arrives in town causing problems for Brenda and Sonny, leading Sonny to kill him. Fearing the mob life is too dangerous for him and Brenda, he offers to marry her and leave town together. Sonny declares that he loves his life and has worked hard for it, but he loves Brenda more. After a nightmare where Brenda is blown up in a car bomb, Sonny decides he'd rather lose Brenda than see her die. Sonny sends Jason to the altar to end things for him. Sonny leaves town soon after his aborted wedding with Brenda.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@mysoutherncomfort I think Elizabeth turned state's evidence for immunity against Nik which cost Scotty his streudel so they do have her. 

@ninjawife I posted a whole article about Jagger's past I think in this thread. It should be a page or two back. I believe Sonny was still a night club owner and not the lovable misunderstood mob boss he is today if I have my history correct when the teens of yesteryear were at one another. 

@Laura14 Yes I did read the article you posted about Jagger which is how I knew things about his past.  I am just not familiar with Sonny's pat.

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife I just posted it for you above. I needed a refresh too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14   thanks for all the recaps and back stories.   Your hard work is very much appreciated. 

I do think Lucy and Martin really care about one another.  Unfortunately,  Scott will be a big obstacle. 

With all of the grief over Spencer I can't help but reflect on the original.   Nicholas Bechtel was terrific as the entitled,  bratty, and lonely boy!!  He played that part to the hilt.

Somehow I truly think NLG did show real emotion while reading the obit.  She has played Spencer's aunt for a very long time.  

To those in wardrobe......I love Sam's coat!!  Very pretty.