Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ February 2022 ~ Spoilers Included

@redwingsgal wrote:

To all of us in the path of Landon, brace yourselves!  We had 70 degree temps here in Tulsa yesterday, and the Thursday night we will hit a balmy FOUR degrees!  That is pretty cold here and we are expecting up to 7 inches of snow.  This town is in a panic already and it is 60 today!  We are already prepped to work from home for Wednesday and Thursday and there is not a loaf of bread nor gallon of milk to be found!

Stay warm and dry to all of my sisters here

Most importantly to me on this thread is to say prayers (whatever that means or not) to any/all those in the way of impending weather upheavals.  I send prayers for all for you and your families' safety.

Respected Contributor

An FYI for all of us who said what the hey.............

GENERAL HOSPITAL

Easton Rocket Sweda Is “Excited” To Be Back on GENERAL HOSPITAL

By Chris Eades February 1, 2022

Share this:

Instagram

Fans were naturally surprised when there was a new Leo in the Jan. 31 episode of GENERAL HOSPITAL, but there’s nothing to worry about as it was simply a temporary recast, and Easton Rocket Sweda is not going anywhere. “I’m so excited to be on GH today!” he announced on Instagram, sharing a photo of himself on the coffee shop set. “Thank you so much for all your support!”

Fans immediately flooded his comments to welcome him back and express their relief that the Leo recast was only temporary. Some since the substitute actor was noticeably older but many because they appreciated that the character of Leo, who was recently diagnosed as being autistic, is actually being played by a young actor who is on the spectrum in real life.

Leo Falconeri, the son of Olivia Falconeri and Julian Jerome, was born back in 2015 and played by a series of twins before various child actors assumed the role. Aaron Bradshaw played Leo from October 2018 until December 2019, and then Leo wasn’t seen again until August 2021 when Sweda made his daytime debut. (Many soap kids weren’t seen often in 2020 due to the onset of the COVID pandemic, hence the delay before Leo resurfaced.)

While Sweda’s post didn’t reveal why he wasn’t available to shoot the Jan. 31 episode, it’s good to know he’s back for the Feb. 1 show since it’s the one where his parents, Ned and Olivia, are renewing their vows. It wouldn’t be the same without Sweda in those scenes! 

And keep watching GH to see more of the talented young actor as Leo’s storyline continues!

Trusted Contributor

QOTM

I wouldn't mind if they permanently got rid of Brad, especially if they are trying to rehabilitate Brit's reputation. It would bode well for her not to continue their friendship.

I can't say that I "hate" Carly but she certainly does have a fluid sense of morality which sometimes makes her character very unlikable and immoral. However, she is such a good actress that sometimes I have to like her in spite of myself.

I think I am the only person that doesn't mind the teens at all. At least their story lines seem to move more quickly than that of the more mature actors. And if the soaps are to continue for many more years, their characters will be the Sonny and Carly's of tomorrow, so I enjoy imagining what paths their futures might take and how the challenges that they encounter will shape their lives in times to come.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@abbalulu wrote:

QOTM

...I think I am the only person that doesn't mind the teens at all. At least their story lines seem to move more quickly than that of the more mature actors. And if the soaps are to continue for many more years, their characters will be the Sonny and Carly's of tomorrow, so I enjoy imagining what paths their futures might take and how the challenges that they encounter will shape their lives in times to come.

@abbalulu  no you're not. I have said repeatedly that I don't have the disdain for the teens that seems to prevail here although I could easily give up Cameron. Why didn't he take that scholarship? I was also one of the few who liked Oscar and Dev and am still angry they killed Dev. At least we knew Oscar's departure was inevitable.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Regular Contributor

What are the chances that Willow is Nina's daughter? Has Harmony been lying all these years? How did Nelle get that heart necklace? Stole it?

I can see the conflict it would bring, especially since Nelle is dead and I don't think her portrayer is planning on coming back. Willow hates Nina for what happened to Sonny and Carly. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PacificNWgal. Well, when the other actress was playing Nina would gave been the time for a Nina/Willow reveal.  At that time, Nina was horrible to Willow.  A reveal at that time would have been impactful.   Now, blah, blah, blah.

For those who may not have been watching:  Willow was Charlotte's teacher and Nina and Valentin were together.  Charlotte was the head bully and Aiden was the target.  Willow tried many times to discuss the situation with Valentin, but, Nina always took Charlotte's side and even tried to have Willow removed from her job.  Nina also eavesdropped on a phone call (shocker) and then alerted Shiloh that Willow had their baby.  But, then the writers rewrote history and went down a different path.  The whole Nelle being Nina's daughter with tracking down the jeweler who made the necklace, etc made no sense.  They even shot a scene where Carly went to confront her stepfather and saw little Nelle wearing the necklace.  Total nonsense,  but it kept Nelle on screen.  And, now it seems li kik e we're back on the merry-go-round. 

Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Harmony Has A Huge Secret To Confess

Diane Brounstein

GH Spoilers: Harmony Has A Huge Secret To Confess

GH spoilers for today reveal trouble, surprise, worry, and so much more.

GH Spoilers Highlights

A very troubled-looking Harmony Miller has a confession to make to Alexis Davis and she tells her that she may not want to be her friend anymore after she hears it. There’s a good bet this has something to do with her daughter Willow Tait asking for her birth certificate. Oh Harmony, what have you done now?!

Finally alone, Sonny Corinthos and Carly Corinthos get to some straight talk. Meaning, she wants to set him straight about his grand gestures and her desire for him to simply give her space. But something changes when he tells her what’s up — and near tears, she admits that as far as grand gestures go, it’s pretty perfect. Will this bring them back together?

Trouble Begins With T

Things aren’t looking good for Tracy Quartermaine, as the feds are onto her and want to arrest her for fraud regarding the infamous Ice Princess diamond. Dutiful and newly remarried son Ned Quartermaine wants to know if they’ve been targeting his mother. Meanwhile, Drew Cain asks someone if they’re willing to grant his small request. Could he be wanting to see his daughter Scout?

Maxie Jones has her daughter Louise on her mind and needed to kiss Austin Gatlin-Holt to get him off the trail. Now, he and Maxie debrief what happened between them. It meant something to him but did it for her — and do they have a future? It doesn’t look good right at the moment because he asks, not ever? And she replies cheekily, not yet.

Tough To Say Goodbye

Spencer Cassadine’s loved ones gather at Kelly’s before his sentence begins. He tells someone, probably his good old great Uncle Victor Cassadine, he’s not sure how to thank him. After all, Victor’s the reason he’s only doing a month. Anna Devane advises Victor she thinks she knows all she needs to know. We seriously doubt that.

Ava Cassadine is surprised to see Trina Robinson back at work so soon. Wasn’t she away with pals? Well, that nightmare trip is over. Ava tells Trina she would happily keep the two of them apart…but does she mean Spencer — or his despicable girlfriend Esme Prince?

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

From Roxy    

Simon the happy bearded dragon by deathproneimages on DeviantArt

Happy Groundhog Day GIF - Groundhogday Eating Happy ...

Honored Contributor

@abbalulu wrote:

QOTM

I wouldn't mind if they permanently got rid of Brad, especially if they are trying to rehabilitate Brit's reputation. It would bode well for her not to continue their friendship.

Absolutely no reason to bring him back. He creeps me out and adds nothing worthwhile to the show

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@abbalulu wrote:

QOTM

...I think I am the only person that doesn't mind the teens at all. At least their story lines seem to move more quickly than that of the more mature actors. And if the soaps are to continue for many more years, their characters will be the Sonny and Carly's of tomorrow, so I enjoy imagining what paths their futures might take and how the challenges that they encounter will shape their lives in times to come.

@abbalulu  no you're not. I have said repeatedly that I don't have the disdain for the teens that seems to prevail here although I could easily give up Cameron. Why didn't he take that scholarship? I was also one of the few who liked Oscar and Dev and am still angry they killed Dev. At least we knew Oscar's departure was inevitable.

The focus on them has simply become too significant and while they'll age into adult storylines, they need to be better cast. I agree that Cameron is a weak link. He was tolerable as a young high school boy but that's as far as it goes. I can take or leave Trina and Joss has some potential but again, we're just seeing too much of them. As for Spencer and Esme, I simply don't want to see them virtually every day and if Spencer is going to continue to be so front and center, my own view is he needed different casting. This guy isn't a bad actor, but there's not much appeal there. There's also no chemistry brewing there with Trina, if that's the direction this is going. I agree that writing out Dev was a bad move. Of all the teens, he was the one who had the most potential to successfully age into adulthood.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...