Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ February 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

ABC Back on Broadway was streamed on Thursday, February 11th. If you missed it they have posted it on YT for a limited time. It will disappear on February 15th {tomorrow} @ 11:59P ET.

Viewing time is ~ 2 hrs. 20 minutes.

ABC Back on Broadway

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

Roxy said

This is a special discount for Friends only.

Image result for bearded dragon valentine gif

Thank you @Tique and Roxy too! Happy Valentine's Day! ❤❤❤❤❤

Super Contributor

@Tique    Only Nathan. The others are just not needed or I don't want their storyline to return/continue or I just don't care for the actor (Nelle).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

February Questions of the Month:

...There are a number of questions below. As usual you can pick one or as many as you like. Provide details for your answers.

• Do you have a favorite character recast? If so, who?
    My favorite recast is the current Nikolas. I have expressed more than once how I felt about Tyler Christopher and how his performance in the role had been declining for years. Marcus Coloma has been a refreshing change/upgrade for me. The bonus is watching him and Ava/Maura West has even softened my opinion of her...though realistically I don't expect that to last.

I want to like Cynthia Watros as Nina but she's not consistent. Her behavior throughout this "revved up" version of the daughter search has made her quite unappealing. When she walked away from Valentin after the second non-wedding I was hoping she would find someone else. No longer vested in whether she does or not.

• Did this person grow on you or did you like him/her right from the start?
    I liked current Nik from the first day I saw him. Again that was admittedly influenced by not having to watch his predecessor again. My continued and increased liking for him is due to the way he is playing the character.

• Who is your least favorite person who was recast in a role?
    This one isn't even close. The actress who stepped in for Kelly Monaco/Sam when GH returned after the several month hiatus.

Image result for lindsay hartley

This is specifically for the temporary recasts:

• Is there a person who you would have liked to have seen take over the role permanently?
    This one isn't close either. I could take or leave Amanda Setton as Brook Lynn Quartermaine. She had her moments - scenes with Nelle and LuLu. Her best scenes were with Mike which frankly I attribute more to Max Gail, that rare professional who brings out the best in everyone else. 

I liked Briana Lane as BLQ and was sorry to see her go.

Image result for Briana Lane

Honorable Mention:

The role of Jordan. No preference for any of them. After seeing three different women in this role I have concluded it's not entirely the fault of the actresses but the way the character was/is written. Badly.

Original

Image result for recast Jordan ashford

Current

GH-Spoilers-Jordan-ashford-promo1 | Celebrating The Soaps

Temp recast

Image result for recast Jordan ashford tiffany daniels

Honored Contributor

The quote below is from the Oct 2019 thread. It mentions the possibility that Nelle is Nina's daughter.

Kudos to @DLew. She said it first.

@DLew wrote:

Scary thought! 👻 What if these writers have the adopted Nell end up being Nina's daughter?

Super Contributor

@Tique wrote:

The quote below is from the Oct 2019 thread. It mentions the possibility that Nelle is Nina's daughter.

Kudos to @DLew. She said it first.

@DLew wrote:

Scary thought! 👻 What if these writers have the adopted Nell end up being Nina's daughter?

I just cannot believe how long this story has dragged on. I lost interest. If Mike's Alzheimer's story was the best written, Nina's daughter was the worst. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

On the recast question, I saw enough of Tyler to know I didn't really care for him and vastly prefer the current Nik... I did not see the temporary Sam, but don't typically care for Lindsey Hartley... As for Jordan, I never saw the original, prefer the current to the temporary replacement but wonder if the character is really necessary at this point... As for Brook Lyn, I've not seen much of Setton in the role but from what I have seen, I liked the replacement better... I thought she brought a lot to the role even though she wasn't often front burner...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

Well, we had a huge ice storm here Monday morning.  After work, I decided to get our trash can from the curb and on my way out of my yard I did a double axle and landed on my face and left leg with the worst pain of my 62 years!

I did have on a coat, it was about 19 degrees here.  I laid there and took mental inventory of my body and decided I was going to freeze to death in my own yard.  DH was out of town, all 3 dogs were in the house, this was how I was going to punch out and leave this world...

I won't lie, a part of me immediately went to the commercial, "I've fallen and I can't get up!"  

I somehow, not sure how, got myself back in the house to thaw out...

Longer story short, got an xray on Wednesday and my ankle is broken!  Going to ortho today for possible cast.  

STAY SAFE AND WARM, FRIENDS!  DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU

@redwingsgal , I'm stopping right here to tell you how sorry I am.  I hope you are feeling a little better. That ice is no joke.

I took my dog for a walk both days on the weekend and very few people here do anything about their sidewalks.  We had to walk in the street and then jump to the tree lawn if a car was coming.  More than once I almost went down when I hit a patch of ice.  Luckily my dog walks super fast and as I'd slide, it would pull her leash taut which stopped me from falling. 

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Top 5 ‘Dead’ GH Characters We Need Back NOW

Courtney Dunham

Top 5 'Dead' GH Characters We Need Back NOW

Our back-from-the-dead wheels are turning on General Hospital after finding out that Zander Smith (Chad Brannon) might be returning to Port Charles soon (or will the returning actor play a new character?). Yes, we know he was shot and killed, but that’s never stopped GH writers from finding new and explicitly wild ways to bring back our favorite characters.

General Hospital Resurrections

Keeping in mind their possible major impacts on current storylines, here are the top-five characters we’d love to see miraculously return.

Nelle Benson..

Drew Cain...

Nathan West...

A.J. Quartermaine...

Kiki Jerome...

This wasn't worth posting the entire article which was a lot of blah blah blah explaining why each of the above should come back.

Since we are not getting GH again I thought I would make this the Question of the Day:

Does anyone want any of these people back? If so, who?

I'm afraid to answer this.....

I want Nelle back.  I know, I know.  But I thought she did a really good job playing evil. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   when I was watching the scenes with Spencer, Ava was wearing the earrings you hunted down. Did you finally get them?

From what I recall you were not a Spencer fan. Has absence made your heart grow fonder? Rolleye smiley 2You can be truthful I won't tell.