Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ February 2016 Thread

@SerenityNowMyndi wrote:

I can't remember if I said this yet or not, but I was also wonderfing if this new doctor might be Stone's brother, and that could be the tie-in with Sonny?  History = Stone was quasi-"adopted" by Sonny when he was homeless on the streets (if I remember correctly, after all these years), & he was Robin Scorpio's first love.  Stone had contracted HIV from a contaminated needle while sharing needles on the street before he met Sonny, and that is how he died eventually, leaving Robin infected at the tender age of 18.  

So when this guy showed up in the chapel & the 'lost causes' saint & HIV were mentioned, that was my first thought, FWIW.  I must admit, I'd rather he somehow end up being Anna's son.  I feel like the old-timers have one foot in the GH graveyard, about to be booted off the show, and it makes me nervous because I love the old characters so much.  They add a lot more interest to the storylines, IMHO.

Maybe he is interested in Anna because he knows Stone's gf was her daughter, Robin?  I dunno, but this is all intriguing.

Oh geez, I sure hope this new doc isn't another one of Sonny's kids...enough, already!

That was my guess.  Makes much more sense if he's Stone's relative than Anna's kid.  Gimme a break on that one.      

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Alright.  What kind of hospital exactly is GH?  Carly just walks into a pre-surgery area to scrub or was that the doctor's locker room?  That was so professional for the doctor to stay shirtless the entire time he spoke to Carly.  ROFLOL  Silly.

I don't want to admit it but Ava is coming off a little better.

None of the timelines once again were matching up among what was going on all over with the various characters  Why was Carly still walking around hours upon hours later with that blood all over her hands? 

Super Contributor

I think this new Dr. is the son of Anna and Duke, it all makes sense to me now.  I thought I was hearing things....there was an episode months ago, not sure if it was when Duke was dying or just after.  Anna mentioned a son they lost....

I did not watch for many years, so this kind of dumbfounded me because I had no idea that Anna and Duke had been in love much earlier and then reconnected.

Just my thoughts, but I swear I remember hearing them mention a child they had together.

Valued Contributor

Not yet, @cowboy sam (at least, not me).  Getting curioser & curiouser, though...I hope the writers don't let us down with something lackluster.  I'm ready for a really intriguing new storyline.  I'm tired of the Carlos story by now. But I guess they'll make that wait until the actress that plays the role of Sabrina returns from maternity leave. 

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Valued Contributor

I agree, @Lipstickdiva.  I got the impression that a lot of the 'little things' that would explain a lot of the discrepancies, such as Carly roaming the hospital halls holding up her bloody hands, running into her cousin doc who says, "Hey, you can just go in there & wash them off..."  But they are getting sloppy by not including those little things, which are adding up & making the story seem full of holes.  Yech. 

The timeline with Carly was really crazy...first, she did CPR on blondie.  Then she went to the church to see her dh standing there all robust & hero-like, after his manly shake-down of the bad guy.  Then she went to the hospital and stuck around while blondie had surgery.  Wait--after surgery, didn't she then even go to the docks and throw the rifles into the harbor & have her hissy-fit @ Sonny?  Maybe that was on the way to the hospital. I forget which came first, but I know which came last after all that activity...washing the blood off of her hands.  I think she could have grown new epidermis by then!

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Esteemed Contributor

@SerenityNowMyndi wrote:

I can't remember if I said this yet or not, but I was also wonderfing if this new doctor might be Stone's brother, and that could be the tie-in with Sonny?  History = Stone was quasi-"adopted" by Sonny when he was homeless on the streets (if I remember correctly, after all these years), & he was Robin Scorpio's first love.  Stone had contracted HIV from a contaminated needle while sharing needles on the street before he met Sonny, and that is how he died eventually, leaving Robin infected at the tender age of 18.  

So when this guy showed up in the chapel & the 'lost causes' saint & HIV were mentioned, that was my first thought, FWIW.  I must admit, I'd rather he somehow end up being Anna's son.  I feel like the old-timers have one foot in the GH graveyard, about to be booted off the show, and it makes me nervous because I love the old characters so much.  They add a lot more interest to the storylines, IMHO.

Maybe he is interested in Anna because he knows Stone's gf was her daughter, Robin?  I dunno, but this is all intriguing.

Oh geez, I sure hope this new doc isn't another one of Sonny's kids...enough, already!

Anna and Robert were not on the show when the Stone and Robin storyline occurred. Anna recognized this new doctor but couldn't place where she knew him. She would not have met any relatives of Stone because she didn't meet Stone either.

Esteemed Contributor

@dreamytoo wrote:

I think this new Dr. is the son of Anna and Duke, it all makes sense to me now.  I thought I was hearing things....there was an episode months ago, not sure if it was when Duke was dying or just after.  Anna mentioned a son they lost....

I did not watch for many years, so this kind of dumbfounded me because I had no idea that Anna and Duke had been in love much earlier and then reconnected.

Just my thoughts, but I swear I remember hearing them mention a child they had together.

She miscarried long before he could have been born, though.