Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ Feb 2018 ~ Spoilers Included

Thanks, @RainCityWoman!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Raise your hands if you didn't know that the morning after Maxie would have a scene with Nathan. I think it's a requisite at GH which explains why Anna had to imagine Faison rising up and grabbing her.  I do agree with @Preds; it was a poignant touch having Nathan kiss Nina and Maxie good-bye. I think I feel worse for Nina. Nathan was the one good person in her life - not including Charlotte. At least Maxie has others. I have no compassion for Liesl. It's called karma. Wish Ava would get hers.

Mostly predictable stuff today.  I haven't had many favorite scenes this week but it was nice to see Avery.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have watched GH for many years, over 40.  I started watching as a little girl with my grandmother.  I also watched Dark Shadows with her lol.  She called them the "stories".  Every day we watched her stories.  I miss that with her.  Smiley Happy

How long have you been watching?

Honored Contributor

wrote:

OK, so I just recently started back watching GH so I missed a lot.

I also noticed Faison's head looked pretty darn good for having had his brain removed!  Ha!

I have always really liked Billy Miller (but only when he was "Billy" on Y&R).  I've never cared for his character on GH and I totally agree about his character being rude and (in my opinion) he can't hold a candle to Jason (his character) on GH.  Like I said, I think the part of Billy on Y&R was perfect for him.

I've noticed a definite change (AGAIN) of the character of Billy on Y&R.  I have to wonder if Y&R might be getting the character back ready for Billy Miller.

I know, it sounds stupid.  But if you watched Y&R back before Billy Miller left the show and they changed the actors, Billy (the character) was happy-go-lucky and an imp (devilish) then he became serious and very business-like (which was perfect for the NEW actor playing Billy).  

Now it seems like he's going back to being silly, charming, likable Billy.  That's the way Billy Miller played him.

I guess long time watchers of GH want to see Sam and Jason back together.  It doesn't matter to me although they seem like a good fit.  It's just a matter of time before Billy Miller leaves the show (just my idea).

@Annabellethecat66  BM is wasted on this show.  He was so good on Y&R and GH has just wasted him.  I wouldn't blame him if he left the way they have handled the character he was hired to play.  Huge slap in the face and just wrong. 

Had they listened to us and let him have a personality from day one, this whole stupid twin story would make sense.  And are you loving the brain damage explanation?  When BM first came and they were trying to figure out who he was, the biggest clue was his damaged brain and surgeries just like Jason had.  Now that doesn't exist anymore which is why he was perfect for this memory game. 

I can swallow a lot on soaps but I'm calling big BS on this one.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BeckiWV wrote:

I have watched GH for many years, over 40.  I started watching as a little girl with my grandmother.  I also watched Dark Shadows with her lol.  She called them the "stories".  Every day we watched her stories.  I miss that with her.  Smiley Happy

@BeckiWV   What a great grandmother memory. I started watching The Edge of Night with my godmother. Watched it until it went off the air. Started watching the ABC soaps when All My Children premiered. Later on I started watching GH. I hate when any show insults viewers' intelligence; that usually makes me take a hiatus. Strange I'm still watching GH because that show continually insults its viewers like the little fact that @Laura14 mentioned about Drew's brain injury. Are we supposed to believe that occurred when Andre implanted Drew's brain with Jason's memories? No, we're supposed to forget that ever happened. Maybe I still watch because of this group.  Every now and then I actually have a thought or two or three to add to the discussion.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

wrote:

Same with me.  Loved Dark Shadows @BeckiWV.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

@BeckiWV Good morning. I'm glad you have such great memories of your grandmother, that's wonderful. I've been watching GH since I think 1963, since the first show.  Years and years ago, my daughter started watching it with me. Now she's all grown up! As far as Dark Shadows, I was a secretary and an assistant to a producer in the show. There is a thread about this topic but I don't remember when it was. I loved and was hooked on both shows. I still love GH but it can be really frustrating. I keep saying I'm going to stop watching but I don't. I love SB and MB. If not for them, bye bye. Take care.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

@BeckiWV Good morning. I'm glad you have such great memories of your grandmother, that's wonderful. I've been watching GH since I think 1963, since the first show.  Years and years ago, my daughter started watching it with me. Now she's all grown up! As far as Dark Shadows, I was a secretary and an assistant to a producer in the show. There is a thread about this topic but I don't remember when it was. I loved and was hooked on both shows. I still love GH but it can be really frustrating. I keep saying I'm going to stop watching but I don't. I love SB and MB. If not for them, bye bye. Take care.

Wow that sounds amazing. It must have so interesting. I just loved that show. Jonathan Friday was so scary yet so alluring as Barnabas.  I saw he passed away awhile back.  Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

I too began watching with my grandmother when I was a little girl. Jessie Brewer was head nurse then, and Dr. Phil was her husband. Stever Hardy was Chief of Staff. However, my grandmother's show was Guiding Light....on the radio, if you can believe that. It was only 15 minutes a day.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66  BM is wasted on this show.  He was so good on Y&R and GH has just wasted him.  I wouldn't blame him if he left the way they have handled the character he was hired to play.  Huge slap in the face and just wrong. 

Had they listened to us and let him have a personality from day one, this whole stupid twin story would make sense.  And are you loving the brain damage explanation?  When BM first came and they were trying to figure out who he was, the biggest clue was his damaged brain and surgeries just like Jason had.  Now that doesn't exist anymore which is why he was perfect for this memory game. 

I can swallow a lot on soaps but I'm calling big BS on this one.    

Yeah, they seem to let a lot of things slip their minds when they are desperate. I have no idea how these letters became large. ?????