Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ Feb 2018 ~ Spoilers Included

@Coquille    your comment about how Ava "must be the best sex Griffin ever had" was funny. Yes @RainCityWoman  he was with Claudette, Nathan's first wife. I think our former priest was supposed to have had a relatively limited sex life. Celibacy and all. We know Ava's been around the block. Hopefully once the student learns all the teacher's secrets, he'll dump her and move on to someone who is at least somewhat worthy.  After Ava's big declaration of "I love you" there was no reply. Griffin had that "deer caught in headlights" look. He wants to play. Ava wants to lock it down.

The new detective could have been Nathan 2.0. They could have done that thing they do when they change characters midstream "The part of Nathan West is now being played by".

Wonder if Sam feels herself being pulled in by Jason. She is no longer trying to escape every time she sees him. She is enjoying their meetings and banter. Eventually she'll tire of Mr. "Gloom and Doom". Peter noticed their rapport; it's why he mentioned the difference between Jason and his "twin".

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't hear the name of the disease.

Honored Contributor

@grandma r   pretty sure it was Huntington's Disease

@Coquille   great call on Mike's diagnosis of Alzheimer's.

Respected Contributor

I saw a commercial today with Kristen Bell for Enterprise Car Rental.  I am pretty sure Danny was the little boy in the back seat (he did not have any lines and was looking on his tablet) Anyone else see the ad??

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read Michael Easton has been pre-nominated for a daytime Emmy so I looked up the list to see who else.  Crazy.  Billy Miller?  lol  And then for women no Anna nor Nina, but Sam and Olivia are there.    Here is the article if anybody is interested

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/daytime-emmys-2018-drama-pre-nominations-1202676716/

Esteemed Contributor

As if we didn't know that Nelle paid off the homeless man?????  That little snake covers her €¥[[.  

Feel so bad for Mike.  Wojo is doing a good job!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wsmomwrote:

I read Michael Easton has been pre-nominated for a daytime Emmy so I looked up the list to see who else.  Crazy.  Billy Miller?  lol  And then for women no Anna nor Nina, but Sam and Olivia are there.    Here is the article if anybody is interested

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/daytime-emmys-2018-drama-pre-nominations-1202676716/

Kelly Monaco and the actress who plays Olivia haven't really done anything that noteworthy in the past year, at least that I can recall, especially Olivia (I'm sorry I cannot recall her name), at least not compared to Kristen Storm and Michelle Stafford. For me, the actress who plays Olivia overacts and screams constantly.  I find her really annoying.  At first, I thought her and Ned were cute, now I wonder why.  Smiley Happy 

For me, Kelly Monaco is good but it seems like Sam is usually reacting to what others are doing, fainting, being in the hospital or screaming "Jason".  With Burton's return, she does have a better case for a nomination than Olivia, at least in my opinion.  

However, Kristen Storm and Michelle Stafford have both been amazing during this storyline, especially Michelle.  I'm turning into a big Nina fan, which I was not at first. 

Maybe the award period does not cover the current storylines and that is why they are not nominated.  Next year maybe??

Count me in with those who think Maxie and Peter will eventually get together. I think she will be mad at him for awhile when she discovers who he is but she will get past it.  I just hope she is not planning to give her baby away to Lucas and hubby.

I would like to see Michael get custody of Nelle's baby before birth and be standing in the delivery room ready to catch it and run off when it comes out.   Cannot stand her.  I really thought she was faking the pregnancy with Kim's help (for some reason) but Monica has examined her too so I guess not.  Has Michael actually taken a DNA for this baby or is he just taking Nelle's word for it? It seems like he did.  Hope it was trustworthy.  I wouldn't take Nelle's word as to what time it is, let alone anything else.  

On another note, if I were Julian, I would bar Molly and now Joss too from my establishment.  They both just come in and say anything they please to him and he just takes it.  It's his place.  If they don't like him, why don't they both go somewhere else?  There are plenty of other places in town for Molly to spout off, which is all she seems to be good for, and for Joss to make goggly eyes at Oscar.  I'm not a big Julian fan, but it's just getting on my nerves to see them both come in all the time and be mouthy.  It is getting tiresome.  Joss was downright rude, ex con or not, Julian seems to be at least trying to run a legitimate business there (for now, LOL).   

I want Ann and Finn back together, I was starting to like them, even though at first, I thought it was just another let's throw someone at Anna story.  Now I fear it's a let's throw someone else at Alexis story.  I would rather see Alexis with that doctor than see him and Kiki be paired.  He is just too old for her (at least for me to enjoy).  

Poor Mike, I am liking this story more than I thought I would.  I lost my mother to Alzheimers and Mike's confusion and pain rings true to me.  "Wojo" is doing a great job with it.  My mom was just like this during her earlier stages.  It was so sad and so painful to see.  She is gone now and I miss her and just try to remember my "real" mom before this cruel disease took her memories and then her life.   

Honored Contributor

Only saw the last 10 minutes of the show, come home from errands after 3PM and had no power,it was a planned outage, (long story). Power went back on at 3:50, did I miss much 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BeckiWVwrote:

Kelly Monaco and the actress who plays Olivia haven't really done anything that noteworthy in the past year, at least that I can recall, especially Olivia (I'm sorry I cannot recall her name), at least not compared to Kristen Storm and Michelle Stafford. For me, the actress who plays Olivia overacts and screams constantly.  I find her really annoying.  At first, I thought her and Ned were cute, now I wonder why.  Smiley Happy 

For me, Kelly Monaco is good but it seems like Sam is usually reacting to what others are doing, fainting, being in the hospital or screaming "Jason".  With Burton's return, she does have a better case for a nomination than Olivia, at least in my opinion.  

However, Ktisten Storm and Michelle Stafford have both been amazing during this storyline, especially Michelle.  I'm turning into a big Nina fan, which I was not at first. 

Maybe the award period does not cover the current storylines and that is why they are not nominated.  Next year maybe??

Count me in with those who think Max and Peter will eventually get together. I think she will be mad at him for awhile when she discovers who he is but she will get past it.  I just hope she is not planning to give her baby away to Lucas and hubby.

I would like to see Michael get custody of Nelle's baby before birth and be standing in the delivery room ready to catch it and run off when it comes out.   Cannot stand her.  I really thought she was faking the pregnancy with Kim's help (for some reason) but Monica has examined her too so I guess not.  Has Michael actually taken a DNA for this baby or is he just taking Nelle's word for it? It seems like he did.  Hope it was trustworthy.  I wouldn't take Nelle's word as to what time it is, let alone anything else.  

On another note, if I were Julian, I would bar Molly and now Joss too from my establishment.  They both just come in and say anything they please to him and he just takes it.  It's his place.  If they don't like him, why don't they both go somewhere else?  There are plenty of other places in town for Molly to spout off, which is all she seems to be good for, and for Joss to make goggly eyes at Oscar.  I'm not a big Julian fan, but it's just getting on my nerves to seem them both come in all the time and be mouthy.  It is getting tiresome.  Joss was downright rude, ex con or not, Julian seems to be at least trying to run a legitimate business there (for now, LOL).   

I want Ann and Finn back together, I was starting to like them, even though at first, I thought it was just another let's throw someone at Anna story.  Now I fear it's a let's throw someone else at Alexis story.  I would rather see Alexis with that doctor than see him and Kiki be paired.  He is just too old for her (at least for me to enjoy).  

Poor Mike, I am liking this story more than I thought I would.  I lost my mother to Alzheimers and Mike's confusion and pain rings true to me.  "Wojo" is doing a great job with it.  My mom was just like this during her earlier stages.  It was so sad and so painful to see.  She is gone now and I miss her and just try to remember my "real" mom before this cruel disease took her memories and then her life.   

@BeckiWV   what a thoughtful and well written post.

I am sorry to hear about your Mom. I loss mine quite a few years earlier before I loss my Grandmother. I began to notice that we would talk and she would call me back [maybe an hour or two later] and say the exact same thing. I would remind her she had already told me that but she would insist she hadn't. She was in her early-90s so I didn't panic; I mentioned it at one of her next doctor appointments. I was told it was dementia because it started when she was at an advanced age. Thankfully she never became combative like a couple of my friends' parents who were diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

So far I am liking the development of Mike's story. I hope they allow it to play out rather than stopping it in mid-stream the way they seem to have done with Anna's Polycytheia Vera. I learned more from  @Wsmom's posts about that than I did from their storyline. That's something "the stories" used to do so well - educate the public. I didn't really watch Y&R but I remember when actress Jeanne Cooper (character Kay Chandler) had a real life facelift on tv.

Respected Contributor

I, too, lost my Mom to Alzheimer's, @Tique and @BeckiWV.  I agree that Wojo is playing the beginning stages so well right now.  It was really hard to see her when she was really confused and she kind of knew it (at least at first).  The struggle was so hard at the beginning, hard to watch my Mom go through it.  Luckily, Mom never forgot us not got combative as she did not live long enough for the disease to progress to that stage.

My thoughts are with all of my GH friends who have gone through this with a loved one.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it