Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ December 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

Happy December to all!!!  My wish is for all celebrating this month, whatever the occasion,  enjoy every moment 

@Tique thank you.  We would be lost without your diligence and kindness.  I love this thread with our many wonderful members.  As for GH, I'm a lifer.  There are some storylines that I dislike and a few I find disgusting, but, old habits are hard to break.

I think the pairing of Jason and Britt may have been my favorite.   Their interactions while on the run were believable.   Jason just being there for Britt as she faced her Huntington's diagnosis was touching.

Unfortunately,  sweeps was again no big deal.  I do think that these young writers just don't understand.  Nor have they taken the time to review past GH history.  Sadly, I doubt that will change.

2021 has been a challenging year; better than last year, but, still a challenge.  And, @Tique is so right; if you're struggling with anything, let us know.  We are ready to support you, commiserate with you, and listen to your venting.  Having support is so very important.   None of us can do it all alone.

As December begins, I wish you all health and happiness. 

Ok, back to the show...........

Honored Contributor

"Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't Shawn TJ's biological father? Then how is this new dude TJ's grandfather? By the way, I don't like him and am tired of all the space given him on this Soap."

@RainCityWoman  I quoted you from the November thread because I couldn't agree more. I'm so tired of seeing that tiresome man sitting around in his tiresome porkpie hat I don't know what to do. This show does not need him and especially not to the extent he's being foisted out there and forced onto us. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@abbalulu wrote:

One Davis gal not suffering from that will be the one who skipped it — as Sam McCall instead hosts her first night alone with new beau Dante Falconeri. The two make an important move as they make love. Nothing like having sex with your new boyfriend right after seeing your not-really-dead ex and he tells you your other ex is dead.

I disagree with this writer.

Sometimes being close to another person in that way after a devastating loss is the most life affirming thing that you can do at the time.

Maybe this writer has never suffered a loss.

@abbalulu   When I was in my twenties I was a voracious reader. I read a book about a woman who was given six weeks to live. After she settled her affairs she called her best friend because she wanted a promise from her.  She told her friend immediately after she died she wanted her to go to her husband and for the two of them to comfort each other. Of course her friend was horrified when she realized what was being asked. When the time came the friend went to the husband, not intending to be with him but to be there for him. One thing lead to another and they did end up having sex. It was beautifully written and made such an impact on me that I discussed it with a group of my friends, male and female. We all had mixed opinions about it but for some reason it stayed with me.

Fast forward to twenty years later when I lost my mother without warning and was no longer married. Ironically one of the men with whom I had discussed the book called me. He had attended the service but didn't return to my home afterwards. The day we spoke was the first day I was alone. I can say with certainty when you are experiencing one of the worst losses of your life and all you feel is numbness it is a time when you need someone you trust to be there for you. It's not about the physical but the almost spiritual need to connect with someone, to make you feel again.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

...Just a random question.....Violet is about 5 or 6 so why is Finn always carrying her???  Noticed the other day she has list her front teeth.

@grandma r   I took this from the November thread. Your question gave me a flashback. I remember asking the same multiple times about Avery. Sonny, Carly, someone was always carrying her. This is what I finally concluded. The camera people must have a problem trying to get a small child and an adult in the same frame. Their solution: for the adult to pick up the child.

It may not make total sense but...We know this current crew is filled with deficient and subpar people.

Honored Contributor

I don't keep up with this thread, forgive me if this has already been discussed. I read Steve Burton is out at GH due to a vaccine mandate by the show. He tried to get an exemption for religious and medical reasons to no avail. Ingo Rademacher is also out due to the vaccine mandate. Moving forward they may both run into the same problem getting hired for a role. I don't understand why people are still resistant to getting the vaccine with everything we know about this disease. 

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

CORRECTION!!!!!

I meant the love story between SONNY and NINA !!!Woman Frustrated

If you call that a love story...

top-5-movies-that-scared-me-header.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

GH Spoilers: Valentin Vows To Anna That BLQ Will Hurt

Diane Brounstein

GH Spoilers: Valentin Vows To Anna That BLQ Will Hurt

GH spoilers for Thursday reveal a solid romance, a mom losing it, an act of war, and so much more.

GH Spoilers Highlights

Valentin is a broken man, having had his heart ripped out by Brook Lynn Quartermaine when she revealed he wasn’t her daughter’s daddy. Finally, he opens up to Anna Devane, telling her all about having his heart broken. He tells her that if he has to hurt, then Brook Lynn will hurt too. Will this dark side be a turn-off for her?

Speaking of the heartbreaker, Brook Lynn and Harrison Chase are on damage control duty as they reassure Maxie Jones that her brilliant plan to hide her daughter in plain sight hasn’t gone to hell in a handbasket. She sees that Maxie is freaked out and Maxie tells BLQ she’s d-a-m-n right she is. Is it all falling apart?

Romance Is In The Air

Alexis Davis welcomes home her eldest daughter Sam McCall and immediately tells her what a hot mess Thanksgiving was, which she would have known had she bothered to show up, so where was she? Will Sam spill the beans she was busy bedding new beau Dante Falconeri as well as dealing with the death of Jason Morgan and Drew Cain’s resurrection? Also, look for Alexis to consider what’s next.

Olivia Falconeri Quartermaine gets a visit from Sam’s other half — her son, Dante. Being the good boy who knows his mother is always right, he tells her about what’s been going on with him and Sam. She says it sounds like things are getting serious for the two of them. She would be correct, it would seem.

Boxed In

Sonny and Carly Corinthos reconnect after a long night of her mourning her real love Jason at the bridge with his kind of girlfriend, Britt Westbourne. Sonny’s comforting their daughter Donna as he tells Carly about the call he got from Cyrus Renault. She wants to know what he’s going to do about it.

Brando Corbin and Nina Reeves are determined to help Sasha Gilmore. She’s gung ho and ready to see their son but he wants to prepare her first for what she will see when she sees him hooked up to the medical equipment. When Nurse Amy Driscoll is ready to leave, Nina insists she can’t go yet. What is Nina up to?

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

CORRECTION!!!!!

I meant the love story between SONNY and NINA !!!Woman Frustrated

If you call that a love story...

top-5-movies-that-scared-me-header.jpg

As far as my love life has been -----  well YEAH!!!Woman Frustrated@stevieb 

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  thank you. I got a laugh. You get a gold star.

Gold Star GIFs | Tenor

@eddyandme wrote:

As far as my love life has been -----  well YEAH!!!Woman Frustrated@stevieb 

Respected Contributor

Carly and Britt:  Oh my, a compliment to the writers?  Yep...mark this date down since it isn't very often.  Carly and Britt on the foot bridge had a dialog that actually made sense to me.  I thought Carly might "heave ho" (or try) to throw Britt off the bridge; but no, instead they "quasi" bonded over the loss of Jason.  Will this last?  Probably not, but enjoyed it nonetheless.

Sonny and the RO:  OK, compliments ended here.  Why oh why do we have to be subjected (yet again) to "him"?  Really?  Like not enough s/l's with which to view?  I know it's probably in vein to ask TPTB to drop anything to do with the RO, but here I go....please TPTB...drop Cyrus.  Thank you with sprinkles and a cherry on top.