Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ December 2020 ~ Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

@Tique  I'm not really feeling ready to respond to the questions you posed in any definitive fashion, still considering myself somewhat new to this soap... That said, I do have some thoughts... 

About the Emmy's... I'm increasingly finding them stilted and somewhat meaningless... With only a handful of soaps left, those chosen to win sometimes seem to be chosen by the spin of a wheel, as well as by the two CBS soaps controlling matters... Add in the overall decline in writing and in production values and, well, I sometimes think they should just stop giving them out... My big gripe though is in the acting categories where, again, trying to emulate Oscars and prime time Emmy's, the awards are essentially given for a single performance reel rather than for a body of work... Sorry, but where soaps are concerned, it's the day in and day out that should win the race, not a single good scene or two... We've seen actors walk off with the statue who are barely on screen but happened to have given a single heartfelt performance and it just doesn't fly for me...

All that said, aside from the more obvious candidates associated with Mike's dementia story line, James Patrick Stewart as Valentin always turns in solid, subtle performances without the need to chew the scenery... He was more or less robbed at the last awards in favor of the actor who plays Devon on Y&R, who basically can't act, but had a passable, for him, couple of scenes associated with his adoptive father's death... Maura West as Ava is almost always deserving of a nomination and usually gets one... I can't stand his character and maybe that means William deVry as Julian should get a nomination... Beyond those, I'd have to think about it... I will say, though, that if Liesl got more screen time, I could see her as a force to be reckoned with... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I can't even think of a favorite storyline because none of them have thrilled me.  LOL

I like Ava, Tracy and Finn. 

Something about the show yesterday that didn't make sense.  Cyrus gave Julian a phone.  The fact that it had a VM saying it was Julian was ludicrous.  It was a burner phone given to Julian by Cyrus which he dumped after he left the bomb. You don't leave a VM prompt on a burner phone that is being used for the purpose of a crime.     

@Lipstickdiva  I think the number of the burner phone Cyrus gave Julian was known only to him. Cyrus most likely gave the guy who works at The Metro Court Julian's real phone number.

ETA: In retrospect it would have been smarter for Cyrus to have given him the number of the burner because then no one could have tracked it back to Julian and eventually to Cyrus.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Master of the obvious here, but it now seems a given Lulu will be shuffled off to 'the home'... Just as so many have before her here in Soap-land, she'll no doubt awaken sometime down the road as a different actress... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I can't even think of a favorite storyline because none of them have thrilled me.  LOL

I like Ava, Tracy and Finn. 

Something about the show yesterday that didn't make sense.  Cyrus gave Julian a phone.  The fact that it had a VM saying it was Julian was ludicrous.  It was a burner phone given to Julian by Cyrus which he dumped after he left the bomb. You don't leave a VM prompt on a burner phone that is being used for the purpose of a crime.     

@Lipstickdiva  I think the number of the burner phone Cyrus gave Julian was known only to him. Cyrus most likely gave the guy who works at The Metro Court Julian's real phone number.

ETA: In retrospect it would have been smarter for Cyrus to have given him the number of the burner because then no one could have tracked it back to Julian and eventually to Cyrus.

@Tique , I don't want to belabor this but I thought Cyrus gave Julian the phone and told him he'd get a package delivered and then to wait for a call telling him when to deliver the package.  The guy at the MetroCourt said he made the call to Julian so why would the guy have had Julian's real phone number and not the number to the burner phone Cyrus gave him for this whole bomb thing?    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Tique , I don't want to belabor this but I thought Cyrus gave Julian the phone and told him he'd get a package delivered and then to wait for a call telling him when to deliver the package.  The guy at the MetroCourt said he made the call to Julian so why would the guy have had Julian's real phone number and not the number to the burner phone Cyrus gave him for this whole bomb thing?    

@Lipstickdiva    No need to belabor because I can prove my theory. Cyrus gave Julian the burner after all of the above happened. In fact it was just before Alexis saw the two of them together. Here is the Recap from that day's show posted on 11-21-2020 07:14.

@Tique wrote:

RECAP of today's show:

Dustin Surprises Lulu Just as The Floating Rib Explodes

Dustin Cushman

...Julian meets Cyrus on the pier and tells him that he is not blowing up a restaurant full of people. Cyrus explains that the bomb won’t go off until Jason is alone taking a meeting. Cyrus tells him to call him on a burner phone he hands him when it’s done and walks off.

A spying Alexis approaches Julian and calls him out on his meeting with Cyrus...

...On the pier, Julian calls Cyrus on the burner phone. Suddenly The Floating Rib explodes as Dante approaches the bar.

source: soapssheknows

And it that's not sufficient, watch the clip which was also provided for those who missed the show that day.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

I come to this tread on occassion to read what is going on.  But on any given day, I am about a week behind in watching GH.  I like it that way because then I always have something that I enjoy watching, should there not be anything else good on TV.

So I will only answer who are my favorite three characters.  I will say Alexis, Franco, and Julian.  Alexis and Franco because they are so flawed and complex, and funny.  Julian because he is so darn handsome.  Oh and I also like Valentine too.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

oops i boo booed

Faith&Hope or Hope&FaithHeart

also need to  add to my" like" list

1-Finn  for his comical expressionsand humor.

2-ValentineHeart

on my didlike list

where/what did Finn do with Roxy???Smiley Sad

I need to think if i need to add more or not!?

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Lipstickdiva    No need to belabor because I can prove my theory. Cyrus gave Julian the burner after all of the above happened. In fact it was just before Alexis saw the two of them together. Here is the Recap from that day's show posted on 11-21-2020 07:14.

@Tique wrote:

RECAP of today's show:

Dustin Cushman

...Julian meets Cyrus on the pier and tells him that he is not blowing up a restaurant full of people. Cyrus explains that the bomb won’t go off until Jason is alone taking a meeting. Cyrus tells him to call him on a burner phone he hands him when it’s done and walks off.

A spying Alexis approaches Julian and calls him out on his meeting with Cyrus...

...On the pier, Julian calls Cyrus on the burner phone. Suddenly The Floating Rib explodes as Dante approaches the bar.

And it that's not sufficient, watch the clip which was also provided for those who missed the show that day.

I agree Cyrus did not have the burner phone until Cyrus gave it to him on the pier. It was programmed to set off the bomb which Julian did not know.

Respected Contributor

So the parapet claims another one. I found it to be a letdown after all the hype. So dead or not dead?

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Tique wrote:

RECAP of today's show:

Dustin Cushman

@Tique  ahhhh. I missed all of that.  That must have been the day our Governor spoke and I didn't bother to watch on deman.  I never saw Alexis approach Julian and I just knew Julian had the burner phone and thought that's how he was contacted to drop off the bomb to the floating rib.

Well that wasn't too smart for Julian not to have a burner phone for all of this. But then, Julian isn't known for his brains.  Or his courage.