Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ December 2019 ~ Spoilers Included

@Tique 

darn..hope i can remember all your question..sigh

1..rate myself as a 3 or 4

2 when did i start watching...by accident...my oldest son was in highschool...would hurry home to watch GH...was early story about Luke&Laura

3..after where i worked shut down... i started up again    watching....

Alexis had lung cancer,her husband had affair w/her daughterSam,  There was a mobster that that beat up  or ?/his wife /or girlfriend and she went to Sonny for help...we heard gunshots later...and lady left town with her child i think...but can'r rem. her name?

4/Been watching now for years..some stories i rem. some i don't...lol

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@Tique 

forgot..to answer what keeps me watching?

habit forming.....i'm hooked i guess

tyvm Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@kjayr wrote:

I began watching back in 1967ish in Branford, CT. Must have been in the summer cause we would play cards at one house in the n. hood and the mom would watch GH and then Dark Shadows after. Have been watching since but have taken breaks when story lines don't interest me. I keep watching for Sonny mostly. I tape the episodes and fast forward through the parts I have no interest in, which are a lot lately. Thanks for asking!

@kjayr  Thank you for answering. Hope you will continue to read and post your thoughts. You couldn't find a better group if you tried.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

My GH story started in the early 80s. I was home for a couple of years and watched all three ABC soaps at one time or other. When I started working again I knew I couldn't tape three shows that came on daily so I would tape each of the three one day a week. Eventually I stopped watching the other two and settled on GH. Coincidentally the other two shows were taken off the air a few years later. I used to take a hiatus whenever stories would become too bizarre or things were moving too slowly. With the disappearance of so many of the soaps I committed to watching GH. I am still convinced the top execs really want to get rid of this show but don't want to alienate the market who watches. They are waiting for the public to destroy this show. If the ratings are continuously low, what choice do they have but to cancel. I'm not giving them any ammunition but I fear eventually they'll find it any way.

I classify myself as a 4, very close to but not quite an Expert.

I agree with @abbalulu regarding Lila Quartermaine. She was a beautiful woman, both inside and out. She was a character who made everyone else a better person after they interacted with her. Miss her. She's irreplaceable.

One reason I keep watching is I want GH to continue.The other reason is I enjoy being a part of this group. I know no matter whether I'm having a good or a bad day, I can come here and read something that will make me laugh or make me think. Both of those are good things.

Honored Contributor

I think I started watching GH when I was in Jr High, the line up was All My Children, On Life to Live, GH, and edge of Knight.

My mom watched and so i and I had a friend who lived across the hall who watched and recorded Luke and Laura's wedding, which I remind her of every so often

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Julian’s Biggest Mistake Ever?

GH Spoilers for the week reveal a wild and crazy week that includes a return for a native daughter and the launch of a new police investigation.

General Hospital Spoilers Highlights

Ned is thrilled to have his daughter home and even Olivia is happy to see her stepdaughter. That whole incident in which Brook Lynn tried to ruin her son’s marriage forgiven, though not forgotten.

But while the family is rolling out the welcome mat, a much-loved character is returning to town with a whole lot of metaphorical baggage with the most pressing being just who does she keep arguing with over the telephone and what do they “owe” her?

Trouble Brewing For Julian

Spoilers reveal that Sonny is hoping for a miracle and it sounds like many in town could use one. This includes Julian, who is poised to make a devastating discovery and Bobbie who has terrible news to share.

The latter two events are most likely connected to the case that Jordan is investigating where the findings come back inconclusive. That’s bad news for the PCPD but good news for Julian because this is almost certainly connected to his severing of Brad’s brake line.

Well I guess that whole "better man" thing which he attributed to Kim left with her.

Odds and Ends

In other Port Charles news, Monica calls Epiphany. Liz and Nina  both get a surprise, Olivia is optimistic, and Lulu and Maxie play catch up.

Also, Jax confronts Valentin and an anxious Willow confides in Sasha.

Meanwhile, it’s a busy week for Annq as she has a heart to heart with Finn, a disagreement with Robert, and a conversation with Peter — which ends with him telling her a big ol’ lie.

Why not lie to the woman he thinks is his mother. He certainly lies enough to the woman he claims is the love of his life.

Speaking of Mr. August, spoilers say he’s gathering up his belongings by week’s end. But is it for that long-anticipated joining of his life with Maxie or is he about to hit the road in a bid to head off the hounds of justice who are out to avenge the actions he took against Drew Cain?

And finally, Nelle gets a brand new cellmate and makes overtures to Martin.

Slimy? Ewwww!!! Nelle? Yuck!!!

Respected Contributor

@Tique First, I add my :heart:felt sentiments to those who also thank you for being the tread "hostess with the mostess".  I must explain how I came to watch GH with just a bit of background, in general.

I was in elementary school and would visit at my friends home, July, after school (milk and cookies) and we would sit with her grandmother who was watching The Edge of Night.  I came home one afternoon and said to my mom "Betty Jean is going to have a baby and she's not married."  Naturally, my mother raced to the phone and demanded an explanation as to what is going on at Judy's home.  All was explained about Grandma and the soap opera.  My mother started watching Edge of Night and became hooked on that soap and Guiding Light.

Now to GH, I started watching pretty much from the beginning (1/2 hour; black and white) back in the 1960's.  Now I'm in Junior High and hanging out at another friends house after school; I think it was her Mom that watched and the rest is history.

I, too, feel that Lila Q was the quintessial star of GH.  Such class, elegance, a forgiving nature coupled with wisdom.  With college and my working decades I taped OLTL, B&B and GH.  Gave up on B&B, OLTL went off the air, now it's just GH.  I keep watching b/c if I don't, I might miss something important....still waiting. :smileylol: I rate myself a 2-3 on the GH scale of knowledge.  When others reference a past character, etc. THEN it registers in my noggin'.  The memory need joggin'.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel like I've watched forever.  When I couldn't see an episode my grandmother filled me in.  When I worked at night, I always watched.  Then we were able to record it, and Soapnet was great!!!!  Watch at night or see the whole week on Sunday night.  DH always says you can miss a month or two and pick it right up.  I probably forgot more than I remember, but, some scenes were so memorable, I can replay them in my head.  

As for now, I find our group here to be a motivator to watch even when I don't like the storylibe. @Tique , you are awesome in keeping us going and I am very grateful.

We don't always agree with everything, but, different points of view help us see another side to something.

I suppose tomorrow will be the Thanksgiving episode.  Hmmm, wonder who screams???  Could it be Olivia discovering that Annabelle II has eaten the turkey???  There needs to be a reason to order pizza.

I just wish some things will be resolved by Christmas.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and a good weekend.  I got caught up today, looking forward to Monday's episode, which will hopefully be more like a Friday or a traditional GH Thanksgiving, lol.  November on the whole wasn't really like the usual sweeps month but I know some of that couldn't be helped, they'll catch up (I hope lol).  

For next week, as much as I don't like Brad, I don't want to see anything happen to him as the result of anything Julian did.  If so, that's it for me as far as Julian goes. Hoping Julian either changes his mind or that someone else with motive stepped in.  This is not because I care about Brad (pffft!), but because I would like to see a truly changed Julian, which I realize probably won't ever happen lol. I guess we will see.  Smiley Happy

I started watching GH with my grandmother many years ago when I spent summers at her house (my mom liked Days).  I would consider myself a 3 or 4 probably, as I have taken occasional GH breaks during the course of life lol.  I would say Jessie Brewer embodies the spirit of GH for me historically.  She was always at the nurses station in her sweater, maybe on the sidelines in later years, but always there.

What keeps me watching? Basically, I still love it.  I still want to know "what happens next".   

Esteemed Contributor

The writers have obviously written Brad into the proverbial corner.  Are they planning to kill off the character???  If so, does that mean Michael will never find out about his son???  I would much rather have Brad found out and be made to pay for his many crimes.  If they take the easy way out, then Lucas will be left blaming himself for the accident.  Julian certainly won't come clean about tampering with the car or that Wiley is really Jonah.  Dr O will keep quiet and Brit is out of the picture.  That leaves Nelle;  I would prefer that her character stays gone.