Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ December 2019 ~ Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

Bye-Bye Brad? Parry Shen Reportedly Out At General Hospital

Parry Shen General Hospital

It looks like Julian’s bad deed tampering with Brad’s brakes may really do the trick this week as Parry Shen has seemingly confirmed his General Hospital exit using an Avengers trick to do it.

Parry Shen Leaving GH?

OK, it’s not quite a trick, but when SoapDirt speculated Shen is out after Twitter rumors surfaced on Sunday, the actor took to Facebook to share the article and quote actor Chris Evans directly after Avengers: Endgame premiered.

“Well, it certainly feels like I should be paraphrasing Chris Evans’ Endgame tweet, doesn’t it? So, with that said…

“‘Playing this role over the last (almost) 7 years, has been an honor. To everyone in front of the camera, behind the camera and in the audience, thank you for the memories! Eternally grateful.'”

The comments that ensued after that FB post came from saddened fans who couldn’t believe Port Charles and General Hospital would be losing Brad after all these years and Shen didn’t deny it.

Brad’s Predicament

For the past year, Brad has been keeping the biggest secret of all from husband, Lucas — that the baby they adopted died at just a few hours old before Lucas could meet him. The baby they have been raising is really Lucas’ grand-nephew, Jonah, son of Michael and Nelle.

Julian has been Brad’s confidante through the entire thing but only learned who Wiley really was a few months ago. Since then, the two have been frenemies, but now former mobster Julian has gone back to his old ways as he can’t stand Brad anymore. On Friday, we saw him rig Brad’s brakes to fail and that might be the end of Shen in Port Charles.

While GH has not confirmed the exit or what will happen to Brad, it does seem likely the character will die, burying the Wiley secret with him. Of course, he’s not the only one who knows the secret. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Brad will tell someone (Alexis maybe) while he is dying in the hospital.  If not her, maybe Lucas and beg him to keep Wiley and not tell.  Bet someone else finds out before he drops.

Lucas will be crushed and feel quilty and we'll have to see that forever.  Julian will feel the quilt of hurting his son so deeply.  Just let them all go nuts and end up with Dr, Neil.  He'll soon regret ever coming to PC.  LOL

I can't help but think something will happen with Willows "pregancy" and she finds out Harmony is not her blood kin and neither is Wiley.  But, Nasty Nina is.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.  Anybody go out black Friday shopping?  When it is my DD's year to be with us for Thanksgiving (she lives at the other end of the state) we always go and it is wonderful.  We go early, mall is not crowded at all.  Fun day.  Evidently Macy's didn't realize it was black Friday.  As we walked by the massive lines we kept hearing, "Sorry, thank you for your patience, we will try to get somebody up here to help".  At each line.  With registers not manned.  Crazy.  But the other stores were not bad or had every register open so they moved. 

The first time I saw GH was probably when I was a freshman in high school and went to my friend's house and her mom had it on.  Probably in about '71.  After that I would watch it here and there along with the other ABC soaps.  Back then they had daily (or was it weekly?) updates on the soaps in the newspaper so would follow along there with the characters if I couldn't see it.  Then once I started working it was only on days off or maternity leaves. 

I would say I am maybe a 3 on the viewer scale.  I mean now I watch all the time and have since the DVR came into existence but my memory is the pits, so even though I saw something doesn't mean I remember it.  Woman LOL

The characters that define it are the old hospital staff and Edward and Lila.  

I have to say, as much as I can't stand Brad and want to see him go, I was kind of sorry to read that PS is out.  I, too, would like to see him live, get caught and suffer the fallout for all he has done.  Death is way too easy of an escape for him IMO.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique 

I'm surprised no one has mentioned...Tinna or Trinna...mentioned she had done some DNA thing on line and was matched up for a relative in PC  but said didn'   follow  up on it!!

I'm thinking it's Stella she's related to..plus TJ!  Wonder if this will be a future story line??  or not??

Darn computer ate some of my words and i had to edit to replace parts of my sentence...grr!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam   there's been so much going on but I heard her say it. Eventually I will probably go back and re-post my possible story about Trina. I hope they return to that after they end some other things. 

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam and @Tique .  Yep, caught that.  She wasn't interested and shut it down.  I think they will use it as a story line in the future with Stella being her grandmother.  I've always thought she gave up a child when she broke up with ? (Can't remember his name).  Maybe shamed the family?

She ran to England when things got too close. (Jordan following up).  If the current show she is on ends or she leaves it, they may pick the story back up.  

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

I remember Stella having a dna identified relative in Port Charles. Then she said the account disappeared or the relative didn't respond. Next she was off to London. 

Honored Contributor

@Preds 

are you thinking it was Sonny's dad's girlfriend's husband....?? 

so do i!!Heart

preds 06-21-20
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@DLew 

yes, that could be a good story line...esp. if true that Stell had another child....

lol

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Preds 

are you thinking it was Sonny's dad's girlfriend's husband....?? 

so do i!!Heart

@cowboy sam   @Preds   you mean Marcus. 

I still hope Trina is not Stella's grandchild but her grandniece - compliments of one of her nephews, Curtis or Tommy.