Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ August 2022 ~ Spoilers Included

GH Spoilers: Will Portia And Jordan's Big Risk Pay Off?

Hope Campbell

GH Spoilers: Will Portia And Jordan's 'Risk' Pay Off?

GH spoilers for Monday reveal, ultimate risks, teenage suspicions, Cassadine curiosity, and so much more.

Everything For Her Daughter

Portia Robinson has such wonderful luck that the elevator alarm is going off, and Oz Haggerty is no longer under guard cause Officer Rory Cabrera had to run. Little does Portia know that Jordan Ashford made that happen to help her, so Portia forgets her Hippocratic oath for the sake of her daughter and administers the drug to bring Oz out of his coma.

Then, Curtis Ashford and Portia wait to see if Oz wakes and can remember anything that can help Trina Robinson. If he does, he better do it fast because Trina announces that the jury is back with a verdict.

Speaking of the jury, Josslyn meets up with Cameron, and he is immediately suspicious of Dex Heller. Joss mentions to Cam that Dex has an interest in Trina’s trial. Does she tell him about the jury tampering?

Nikolas Can’t Keep A Straight Face

Spencer is just biding his time until he has to report to Pentonville, and on Monday, he makes yet another major decision about his time behind bars — and Esme Prince.

All Nikolas Cassadine can do is think about Esme and what happened to her. Victor can tell he is not on the up and up about Esme leaving town and insists that Nikolas tell him what is going on.

Finn Has Concerns

It’s clear that Elizabeth is still not fine, but she was not happy when Hamilton Finn questioned her judgment as a parent. Did that cancel her odd declaration of love?

Finn doesn’t seem to think so because he is still meddling in Elizabeth’s life when he goes to Terry Randolph with his concerns that her problem is way deeper than just sleeping pills.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

On this day in 2012, Sonny and Kate got engaged.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

Whatever Ding Dong is selling, I'm not buying!!!!!  Wake up, writers; you're supposed to make the stories plausible.  Trying to rewrite Dominique's history by using this long-lost son has been done too many times.  Dominique had the chance to tell Scott, as did Katharine Bell.  Never a mention of a son.  Oh, and trying to pawn him off on Mac is dumb too.  The character is a smarmy, con- artist looking for money.  Britt deserves much better.  So do viewers.

As the Pentonville Express is getting ready, I just had a sickening thought.  Is the RO there?????  If so, are viewers going to be subjected to seeing more of him????  I hope not!!!

And speaking of men in Speedos there's one for ya... Woman Very Happy  @grandma r  Wasn't your boyfriend, Cyrus, moved to an out of state facility? I thought so...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I don't mind when David Muir breaks in on a show to inform viewers of something important, but why does it seem it's always during General Hospital!?

It's so rarely time sensitive information that couldn't wait for a regular news show. When it is truly is 'breaking news' then fine, have at it, but it so often isn't.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

GH Spoilers: Will Portia And Jordan's Big Risk Pay Off?

Hope Campbell

GH Spoilers: Will Portia And Jordan's 'Risk' Pay Off?

GH spoilers for Monday reveal, ultimate risks, teenage suspicions, Cassadine curiosity, and so much more.

Everything For Her Daughter

Portia Robinson has such wonderful luck that the elevator alarm is going off, and Oz Haggerty is no longer under guard cause Officer Rory Cabrera had to run. Little does Portia know that Jordan Ashford made that happen to help her, so Portia forgets her Hippocratic oath for the sake of her daughter and administers the drug to bring Oz out of his coma.

Then, Curtis Ashford and Portia wait to see if Oz wakes and can remember anything that can help Trina Robinson. If he does, he better do it fast because Trina announces that the jury is back with a verdict.

Speaking of the jury, Josslyn meets up with Cameron, and he is immediately suspicious of Dex Heller. Joss mentions to Cam that Dex has an interest in Trina’s trial. Does she tell him about the jury tampering?

Nikolas Can’t Keep A Straight Face

Spencer is just biding his time until he has to report to Pentonville, and on Monday, he makes yet another major decision about his time behind bars — and Esme Prince.

All Nikolas Cassadine can do is think about Esme and what happened to her. Victor can tell he is not on the up and up about Esme leaving town and insists that Nikolas tell him what is going on.

Finn Has Concerns

It’s clear that Elizabeth is still not fine, but she was not happy when Hamilton Finn questioned her judgment as a parent. Did that cancel her odd declaration of love?

Finn doesn’t seem to think so because he is still meddling in Elizabeth’s life when he goes to Terry Randolph with his concerns that her problem is way deeper than just sleeping pills.

Oo La La... Endless Trina and endless Lizzie to boot... And YET once again, I simply cannot wait... NOT...

Yawn Shade GIF - Yawn Shade Attitude - Discover & Share GIFs

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@grandma r wrote:

Whatever Ding Dong is selling, I'm not buying!!!!!  Wake up, writers; you're supposed to make the stories plausible.  Trying to rewrite Dominique's history by using this long-lost son has been done too many times.  Dominique had the chance to tell Scott, as did Katharine Bell.  Never a mention of a son.  Oh, and trying to pawn him off on Mac is dumb too.  The character is a smarmy, con- artist looking for money.  Britt deserves much better.  So do viewers.

As the Pentonville Express is getting ready, I just had a sickening thought.  Is the RO there?????  If so, are viewers going to be subjected to seeing more of him????  I hope not!!!

And speaking of men in Speedos there's one for ya... Woman Very Happy  @grandma r  Wasn't your boyfriend, Cyrus, moved to an out of state facility? I thought so...

I do recall that the RO was sentenced to a "federal" facility out of state, out of sight and out of mind.  BUT (cannot recall the reason), he now resides in Pentonville (dear Laura visited him when her "recall" problems surfaced).  Isn't Jeff Kober on contract?  If so, we (unfortunately) will be subjected to Cyrus yet again.  :womantongue:

Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@grandma r wrote:

I do recall that the RO was sentenced to a "federal" facility out of state, out of sight and out of mind.  BUT (cannot recall the reason), he now resides in Pentonville (dear Laura visited him when her "recall" problems surfaced).  Isn't Jeff Kober on contract?  If so, we (unfortunately) will be subjected to Cyrus yet again.  :womantongue:

Well afterall, he did win an Emmy, for whatever that's worth these days... Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@Zernia Rose wrote:

@stevieb @wismom : I disagree with your assessments.  So what are your harsh judgements about Esme? Portia, Curtis, and Trina's behaviors are the result of a writing staff that always uses the trope of the sacrificial minority characters whose noble actions help a White character learn something, change their behavior, or become more humane. The trope is central to soaps, literature, films, etc. and tiresome.

Many people critique Jordan but others that display similar ineptitude, e.g. Anna whose  blunders have been monumental  and nary a criticism.  

@Zernia Rose , you disagree with my assessment that it was foolish of Trina to protect Spencer and foolish for Portia and Curtis to put their careers on the line because of Trina's and Spencer's lack of coming forward with their knowedge?  That was my point.  I could understand if I had said how that was so noble of Trina to protect Spencer and for Portia and Curtis to put their careers on the line.

I think it goes without saying it is the horrid writing staff that is dumbing down these characters.  There has been plenty of criticism of Anna, Felicia, everybody on the PCPD, etc., by me and others on this board.  It is a running commentary on the evilness that is Esme.  This was a comment on this storyline involving these characters.

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb I agree that everyone has the right to share an opinion. Thank you for sharing yours.  I began watching soap operas, namely the lineup on ABC, in the late 1960s. Rarely, have the writers written characters of color with any depth or complexity. Even when they have front burner stories, others are pivotal.  GH has only succeeded a few times, Bianca as Laura's best friend and and Marymae (although her son by Edward was never seen and her grandson Justice and granddaughter Keisha--all Quartermaine descendents are never mentioned.  

I believe writer Isaac Bashevis Singer wrote a truism, to paraphrase, that in order to write a universal story, you have place it in the context of the character's specific language, culture, location, etc.

GH writers have been much better. Maybe their storylines will improve.

Trusted Contributor

@Wsmom Thanks for sharing this information. I understand what your view was and maybe, my misapprehension of it.