Honored Contributor

General Hospital ~ August 2022 ~ Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

Happy August!

Welcome to All! 

It has been one year since Wiley celebrated his third birthday with a house full of adults, no other children, and parents who were MIA. 

Here's a recap of some things that happened last August. 

• Esme Prince was introduced as Spencer's girlfriend he met while at school in Paris. It became evident rather quickly that Esme was GH's latest sociopath.
  • Chase moved into the Quartermaine mansion to recuperate after his near brush with death. Even though he was confined to a wheelchair he was determined to walk. Once Chase was able to take a few steps he thought he would surprise his new wife but when he arrived at the guesthouse [with assistance from Austin Gatlin-Holt] he was surprised to discover Michael and Willow had just had sex. All of this was going on during Wiley's third birthday party.
  • Jax tried to record Carly stating she was involved in mob activities but she was too smart for him. He ended up looking and feeling like an idiot. Jax tried to rationalize his actions by telling Carly he was worried about the safety of their daughter, Joss, due to Carly's impending marriage to Jason.
  • General Hospital aired a one-minute tribute to honor the memory of Stuart Damon who played Alan Quartermaine for years.
  • While Dante and Sam were flirting with each other at the Metro Court pool and making almost all of its viewers nauseous, Sam received a phone call from someone claiming to be Drew Cain.
  • Nina continued to keep Sonny's identity a secret from both him and his family.

Since the beginning of the July  thread:

• Sasha had a mental breakdown while appearing on a shopping channel to sell Deception products. She had taken some pills before her big premiere.
  • Nikolas convinced Ava to nix their divorce plans. This action gave Ava a false sense of security thinking she had finally been able to merge her worlds with Nikolas, Spencer, and Esme all coexisting under the same roof.
  • When Trina's trial began Diane had taken over as her lawyer. Her team of family, friends, and others began to frantically search for a way to keep Trina from being convicted of the crime for which she had been charged.
  • Spencer tried to blackmail Esme after he revealed he knew exactly how she had framed Trina. Unfortunately his plan fell flat as a pancake.
  • Nikolas finally confessed to his wife Ava that he had literally slept with the enemy: Esme.
  • Carly lost her share of The Metro Court which her number one enemy, Nina, promptly purchased.

Thank you to those who answered last month's QOTM .

August Questions of the Month:

1. What was the best and/or worst story shown during last month's Sweeps?

2. Most agree GH has too many actors in their regular lineup. Name five characters you would currently like to "exit stage left" or to use my preferred idiom, "board the GH elevator". Let us know if this should be permanent or temporary.

If neither question appeals to you no explanation is necessary.

Some of us are still hanging in there with this show for whatever our respective reasons are. Thank you to those who contribute to this thread and keep it going. I also appreciate those who still stop in even though you are no longer watching regularly or at all. It's not a requirement that you be a regular viewer to participate in the  monthly thread.

Reluctantly I write this. It looks like we are heading into another phase of the thing we have been dealing with much too long. Be cautious and take the necessary precautions to keep you and those you love healthy and safe.  Please and thank you. ♥️

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ August 2022 ~ Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

Please let us know if you are celebrating a birthday this month.

Pin on Inspirational Quotes

August 4th  - CLHS68

August 29th - Helena852

Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers for The Week of August 1: Memories, Secrets, & Bloodshed

Garren Waldo

GH Weekly Spoilers: Memories, Secrets, & Bloodshed

The GH spoilers for August 1 – August 5, 2022, tease a catty conversation that turns deadly, courtroom shenanigans, and so much more.

GH Spoilers Highlights

Having blasted Nikolas Cassadine for his indiscretion with Esme Prince, Ava Jerome Cassadine makes a beeline for Wyndemere and catches Esme in the act of taking flight.

The women engage in a confrontation so heated that the staff summons Nikolas, who races home to referee — but he arrives far too late to prevent bloodshed!

Opposite this, Trina Robinson takes the stand in her own defense…but her answers fail to sit right with Diane Miller, who in turn recalls Spencer Cassadine and Trina in an attempt to finally get to the bottom of things.

Health Line

Willow Tait asks TJ Ashford to level with her, and the medico reveals that he suspects she’s suffering from leukemia. After a consult with Terry Randolph and Britt Westbourne, Willow agrees to submit to a bone marrow biopsy right away…and she insists that Michael Corinthos be left in the dark as to her possible condition.

Odds and Ends

In other GH spoilers news, Elizabeth Webber recalls some not-so-pleasant memories, Sonny Corinthos gives Dex Heller an assignment, Nina Reeves crosses paths with a teed-up Sasha ilmore Corbin, and Felicia Scorpio takes matters into her own hands when Mac Scorpio becomes the object of another woman’s desires.

Meanwhile, Gregory Chase meets with Alexis Davis, eager to see who came out on top in their wager.

Finally, GH spoilers warn that an altercation at the Metro Court will draw a police presence. But will the criminal charge be simple assault or something far more severe?

Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Will Ava Terrify Esme Into Telling The Truth?

Hope Campbell

GH Spoilers: Will Ava Terrify Esme Into Telling The Truth?

GH spoilers for today reveal dark threats, pure honesty, health fears, and so much more.

Does Ava Have Esme Cornered?

Ava Jerome Cassadine won’t back down from making sure Esme Prince marches into the courtroom to tell the jury the truth about what she did to Josslyn Jacks, Cameron Webber, and of course, Trina Robinson. Esme doesn’t know why she has to listen but perhaps she doesn’t know as much about Ava as she thinks she does.

While Ava warns Esme that if she doesn’t tell the truth, then it’s the end of the line for her, Portia Robinson wonders if Spencer Cassadine’s testimony was enough to do the trick. Diane Miller still thinks she has another weapon and that is Trina herself. She preps her to testify and tells her to be the heroine in her own story. Meanwhile, her hero, Spencer, is about to learn why Nikolas Cassadine really wanted Esme to stay at Wyndemere.

It’s A Big Day For Elizabeth

Although she tried to return to work just minutes after checking herself out of Shadybrook, today marks Elizabeth Webber’s first official day back at work and Hamilton Finn says he has a surprise for her. Elizabeth is not sure what to think as something very unexpected takes place.

Michael Has More Problems Than He Thinks

Michael Corinthos is on the phone with Dex Heller when Sam McCall spies him and can tell there is something up. When they sit down to talk, Sam informs him that it doesn’t take a private investigator to know he is up to something no good.

Over at the hospital, Willow Tait becomes more and more worried about what her test results will be and asks TJ Ashford point blank what he really thinks is wrong.

Honored Contributor

Every Turn Promo

Respected Contributor

I would like to see Esme go.  Let her be caught in her web of deceit and lies and pay the consequences.  Of course I don't think they would make go permanently as she is Ryan's daughter so they is so much more evil for her to display.  Even a temporary relief from her would be nice. 

Honored Contributor

Congratulations & Happy Anniversary!

Rebecca Herbst made her debut as Elizabeth Webber on August 1st, 1997.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't watch regularly nor do I follow the supposed 'sweeps' but I can say the only thing of interest in recent memory is Ava finally getting some licks in against Esme...

As for what characters to deep six, sorry, but five isn't nearly enough. I'd like to see a good quarter of this cast head out... Perhaps then the writers could focus on solid story telling with those that remian... Then again, who am I kidding...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

August Questions of the Month:

1. What was the best and/or worst story shown during last month's Sweeps?

2. Most agree GH has too many actors in their regular lineup. Name five characters you would currently like to "exit stage left" or to use my preferred idiom, "board the GH elevator". Let us know if this should be permanent or temporary.

The Society Set ups story which includes the Cody/Britt pairing is horrendous and boring. There is no chemistry between those two.  I can't even detect any sexual tension from Britt that would show she's at least a little interested. Cody's character is insufferable! I detest him...even more than him;  I detest the Austin character and that storyline which is also very uninteresting. 

Speaking of elevators @Tique  I saw an extra, he placed 2 signs on the GH elevators. One read Out of Service. The other read something like Emergency use only. I thought I saw the guy switch them before they were permanently placed by him. Now, I could be wrong about this. I felt like someone was going to fall down the shaft, like Brando or Sasha because they were near it. 😝 

Now my choice for 5 characters to take this particular elevator plunge would be : 

1. Cody.. this D--k gotta go! He's terrible and I'm tired of hearing about his summer camp antics with Dante. For the love of Pete it was 2 summers; when they were boys! knock it off already! The stories are so lame.

Going down Cody? 

2. While Marshall is visiting Epiphany encouraging her career move; I would have him step into that death trap, take a plunge and see him gone. Hold on to your Pork Pie!  🎩's  off!

3. Dex...Dax? IDK!  I can't understand Sonny's pronunciation of his name. Get him out of the staircase and on to the elevator. Going up Tough Guy? 

4. Austin and anyone he intends on bringing to PC.
📢 Austin! You're late for a date with Maxie, hurry up the elevator's here! 

5. Auntie it's time for your annual checkup! Step lively.

Honored Contributor

Wow! spawnie pushed Ava with her evil wordsand talking about KIKI! and Ava gave her a hard slap in the mouth! 

Yes..way to go Ava Now pick up that envelope that spawnie dropped  and read whats inside of it!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."