Trusted Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ August 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

@mysoutherncomfort  Thank you for the kind words.

Even though we knew CLHS68 from another board for over 10 years she was very reticent about discussing her life story.

I know last year she shared her brother's illness and subsequent death here on the GH thread.

She retired a couple of years ago after working all her life and taking care of aging parents before they passed.

She loved reading and cooking and baking.

She took one of the Quacker Factory cruises several years back and that was a trip of a lifetime.

Also she loved dogs-she couldn't have one herself living in an apartment, but at one time her brother had one that she made sure had plenty of love and treats. When her brother could no longer care for the dog (and his fiance refused to do so) she made sure that she found a wonderful home for Cuddles where she would be well cared for and loved.

I'm sure she would love that Roxy would be part of a celebration of her life.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Trusted Contributor

QOTM

I think I would rate GH about a 7 at present.

I don't really watch with a critical eye-but mostly out of habit after watching this show off and on for years and years. It's kind of like that old blanket that may no longer be pristine but you still use it because it is soft and snugly and well worn. Like the Velveteen Rabbit. I also often watch while I am doing other things so I probably miss some things that might be annoying to others.

I think the story line of Valentine and Anna looking for Peter is what interests me most right now. I think the connection between them is much more interesting than Anna and Finn or Valentine and Nina. However, Valentine is going to be angry and devastated when he finds out what Brooklyn and Maxie pulled off so I quake to see what his retribution might be.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

You are a patient woman, @Tique .  I get sidetracked and FF...but don't delete until I come on here to make sure nothing good happened that I missed!   Woman LOL

Sidenote...I had The Talk on the other day because I was busy doing sometihng and didn't get in to turn the channel.  It airs at the same time as GH here.  They interrupted The Talk for a news conference so I did come in and turn the channel to GH...and....I couldn't believe it but GH did NOT interrupt  for the new conference...the whole show aired.  I was shocked!!!  And this was the President's news conference...not some random local thing.

@Wsmom  it's a good thing I've known you for a while Love smiley 11 because otherwise I would NEVER have believed that. George must have been taking a nap.

Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

@Tique. Thank you, my sweet friend.  Nothing positive to report.  Lots more lab work, tests, and doctor appts.   I so appreciate you asking. 

I'm so sorry, @grandma r .   I have been gone a lot so you may have answered this but have they also checked for autoimmune issues?  We have learned (unfortunately) things that were suspected to be caused by one thing turned out to be some type of autoimmune issue which now we start down that road to find out what.  But this was because a new doctor decided to run tons of blood tests that had not been previously run.  My heart breaks for you and your family.  So very frustrating...bad enough when it is one of us but when it is your child or grandchild ... ugh.  Continued prayers.  

Honored Contributor

"GH spoilers reveal that Josslyn Jacks is teased about her relationship. Cameron Webber is on hand, trying to make things better, especially since it’s about him. But why would anyone give this sweet little couple a problem, unless it’s that nasty Spencer Cassadine. But why listen to what he has to say?"

Why? Because at least one of them is consistently gag-worthy and the other shows an extreme lack of taste...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom wrote:

@Tique wrote:

I remember how good this show used to be and recall looking forward to watching the shows while relaxing after a stressful day. I keep telling myself at some point things have to turn around; so I wait. I watch the entire show without fast forwarding. Sometimes it feels like self torture but I do it because every now and then there is a scene when everything clicks. It happens so seldom that I don't want to take a chance on missing even one of those. As stated above, I wait...

You are a patient woman, @Tique .  I get sidetracked and FF...but don't delete until I come on here to make sure nothing good happened that I missed!   Woman LOL

Sidenote...I had The Talk on the other day because I was busy doing sometihng and didn't get in to turn the channel.  It airs at the same time as GH here.  They interrupted The Talk for a news conference so I did come in and turn the channel to GH...and....I couldn't believe it but GH did NOT interrupt  for the new conference...the whole show aired.  I was shocked!!!  And this was the President's news conference...not some random local thing.

@Wsmom  I too FF consistently. Hey, I'm not watching to be bored, after all! That said, I do get your point @Tique because when I watch live and am forced to sit through it all, I do sometimes become interested in scenes that I might othewise skip through. In many ways, 'spoilers' along with the capacity to FF have probably hurt the soap genre but it is what it is. As for the non-interruption, well, I guess miracles do happen.

Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@mysoutherncomfort  All true and yet the last five minutes of the show were pretty much the only part worth watching... As much as I want the triangle to end, I don't particularly want Chase to walk in on them in bed... It's needlessly cruel and he doesn't deserve it... On the other hand, I hope Sonny grabs Ninny's phone and everyone sees him... She more than deserves it... If for no other reason than just for being so darned stupid... Finally, as if Austin isn't unappealing enough, his little pony tail had me in stitches... I just keep wondering WHY...

@stevieb  I agree with you here and also with you and @RainCityWoman  on the previous thread. Chase is playing the hand he thinks he was dealt. He has no way of knowing that others have reshuffled the deck and left him in the dark. I have never thought he was a jerk. Misguided yes but his desire to get things back to normal as quickly as possible is pretty much the same as any other young red blooded male would be.

ITA!  And of all the times they could have "done the tango" they pick this moment!?!?  Willow was all broken up over her baby (understandably so) and five seconds later she jumps into bed with MT?!?!/   I guess my emotions just cant flip that fast!  AND they have a mansion full of people waiting for their child's bday party!!!

I know... That's one birthday party that hit the skids and kept on hitting them... They take time out for a nookie break while the kid is waiting to open presents... Whatever... Let me also point out that 'love' scenes between Michael and Willow, of all people, are hardly steamy, if that was part of the goal...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The ideal way for me to watch GH is to turn to the channel about twenty minutes in. Since it's taping I can rewind to the beginning of the hour and watch while fast forwarding through all the commercials. If all goes well I watch the end and the previews IRT.

Still having an issue watching hours or a day or two later from my DVR. I come here and most of the time neither the posts nor the spoilers motivate me enough to want to watch after the fact. Not throwing shade because if the show's not interesting it's not our fault. This is even more prevalent during the summer or when the weather is lovely. The show comes on at 2P in my area which interferes with my errand running and/or socializing. Sign smiley 63

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort @stevieb @redwingsgal   couldn't resist this.

Let's not give Willow and Michael all the credit. Some also goes to Elizabeth and Franco who did it while guests were waiting for them to celebrate their wedding. Ironically the first post is from @CLHS68. Thanks @Annabellethecat66  for being a part of this conversation.

From the July 2019 thread.

@CLHS68 wrote:

I think Franco & Liz are horrible having sex while the kids & guests are waiting. I would not want to have sex there. I don't care how much they try to make us think Franco is good I am not buying it & I would not trust him with a pet rock...

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@CLHS68  I agree with you about Franco and Liz making people wait while they have sex.  It's so inconsiderate....and (I think) a bit unbelievable....it's not like they're teenagers.  Good grief!...

@Tique wrote:

@CLHS68   @Annabellethecat66   our super couple. They made people wait while they were having sex and yep, they are far from being teens. They've also been living together for quite a while now so it's not like it was their first time or even that it had been a while. Oh well. Ain't love grand?

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

@Tique  Sorry... I just can't imagine being that anxious (or even willing...) to have sex with Franco...