Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ August 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

I'm going to just say it. I like Jordan better than Portia. I just do. I'm like Stella, it took me a long time to warm up to her, but now I'm in her corner. That's as far as my agreement with Stella goes lol.
Honored Contributor

@BeckiWV wrote:
I'm going to just say it. I like Jordan better than Portia. I just do. I'm like Stella, it took me a long time to warm up to her, but now I'm in her corner. That's as far as my agreement with Stella goes lol.

@BeckiWV  I'll be brave too and say I think I pretty much agree with you... I like Portia but my take is that she's nice until she's not... There's an edge in there somewhere... Jordan's stepped in it a few times, but I'd say she's paid her dues...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@abbalulu. I'm so very sorry to learn of your friend's passing.  Heartwarming to learn that the funeral home staff took the floral arrangement to the cemetery.

May she rest in peace and be reunited with her loved ones.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb.  PLEASE, NO!!!

The Harmony we have is bad enough!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique. Thank you, my sweet friend.  Nothing positive to report.  Lots more lab work, tests, and doctor appts.   I so appreciate you asking. 

Respected Contributor

@abbalulu wrote:

@Tique  I'm very sorry to tell everyone that CLHS68 whose birthday is August 4th passed away in April.

I knew her for many years over on another chat board and also from Goodreads. I noticed that we had not heard from her in a bit so I emailed her to check in with her and didn't receive an answer in a timely manner which was unusual for her. I knew where she lived so I checked obituaries and unfortunately found hers.

I and a few other women from that board had known her(from the board) for years and knew that she was the last member of her family and so was kind of alone in the world. We felt sad that no one would have even sent flowers for her remembrance so we got together and had an artificial arrangement sent to her which the funeral director was kind enough to take out to the cemetery.

Everyone should have someone to remember them. So hopefully everyone on the GH thread will have a thought or a prayer for her on her upcoming birthday.

@abbalulu I think you are one of the kindest people I have "met" in a long, long time.  You and the other members of the boards who knew CLHS68 have a special place for those who think and care for others who do not seemingly have someone else to care for/about them.  I only knew her from this thread and thank you for letting us know.  I suggest this August 4th CLHS68 day and join in a celebration of her life.  Can you share anything personal that would make her day special?  I have no doubt Roxy would be on board to plan a special remembrance celebration.  Most sincerely, @mysoutherncomfort 

Respected Contributor

My "comedic" comments on today's episode:  1)  I find it funny that Chase excused himself to rest awhile in his room while leaving the door open so that Austin could see him stand and take a couple of short steps and then 2) it was mentioned that Chase was in the den while 3) Harmony's arrival upset Willow so much that she went to her residence and Mikey followed, and of all times to do the "horizontal tango" (which they have tried to avoid for Chase's sake) they are upstairs while their son's 3rd birthday party is at the main house and 4) best of all which tickles my funny bone; Austin "helps" Chase "walk" to Willow's house and wait for it....the door is unlocked, of course.  

Sing along with me:  Walk right in, sit right down, daddy let your mind roll on...

The writing and S/L is absurd therefore I have chosen to laugh, otherwise, we would have to replace the flat screen TV every other week.  :womanlol:

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

My "comedic" comments on today's episode:  1)  I find it funny that Chase excused himself to rest awhile in his room while leaving the door open so that Austin could see him stand and take a couple of short steps and then 2) it was mentioned that Chase was in the den while 3) Harmony's arrival upset Willow so much that she went to her residence and Mikey followed, and of all times to do the "horizontal tango" (which they have tried to avoid for Chase's sake) they are upstairs while their son's 3rd birthday party is at the main house and 4) best of all which tickles my funny bone; Austin "helps" Chase "walk" to Willow's house and wait for it....the door is unlocked, of course.  

Sing along with me:  Walk right in, sit right down, daddy let your mind roll on...

The writing and S/L is absurd therefore I have chosen to laugh, otherwise, we would have to replace the flat screen TV every other week.  :womanlol:

@mysoutherncomfort  All true and yet the last five minutes of the show were pretty much the only part worth watching... As much as I want the triangle to end, I don't particularly want Chase to walk in on them in bed... It's needlessly cruel and he doesn't deserve it... On the other hand, I hope Sonny grabs Ninny's phone and everyone sees him... She more than deserves it... If for no other reason than just for being so darned stupid... Finally, as if Austin isn't unappealing enough, his little pony tail had me in stitches... I just keep wondering WHY...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Everyone here has their own reason for watching General Hospital. Whatever it is we don't need to understand it, like it, or agree with it. When the QOTM is posted everyone who wants to answer it should feel like they can express their thoughts without fear of criticism or getting negative comments. This is especially important as we hope to convince "Readers" of our thread to become "Contributors".

We can continue to go after each other on other parts of the thread when we post about how much we love/hate all the various GH characters. 

I remember how good this show used to be and recall looking forward to watching the shows while relaxing after a stressful day. I keep telling myself at some point things have to turn around; so I wait. I watch the entire show without fast forwarding. Sometimes it feels like self torture but I do it because every now and then there is a scene when everything clicks. It happens so seldom that I don't want to take a chance on missing even one of those. As stated above, I wait...

August Questions of the Month:

1. Rate GH on a scale from 1 to 10 with 1 being the worst and 10 the best. List the reason[s] for your rating.
    Rating: 5. Many reasons listed above.

2. What is your current favorite storyline? Why?
    I don't have one because the ones that could be favorites have either been ruined or are currently being ruined. Jason/Britt, Ava/Nikolas, and Portia/Curtis.
April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@mysoutherncomfort  All true and yet the last five minutes of the show were pretty much the only part worth watching... As much as I want the triangle to end, I don't particularly want Chase to walk in on them in bed... It's needlessly cruel and he doesn't deserve it... On the other hand, I hope Sonny grabs Ninny's phone and everyone sees him... She more than deserves it... If for no other reason than just for being so darned stupid... Finally, as if Austin isn't unappealing enough, his little pony tail had me in stitches... I just keep wondering WHY...

@stevieb  I agree with you here and also with you and @RainCityWoman  on the previous thread. Chase is playing the hand he thinks he was dealt. He has no way of knowing that others have reshuffled the deck and left him in the dark. I have never thought he was a jerk. Misguided yes but his desire to get things back to normal as quickly as possible is pretty much the same as any other young red blooded male would be.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.