Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ August 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

Things get heated between Stella and Portia

And speaking of a Go Fund Me page for Mikey/Willow; I would like to add a page for Auntie "sunshine" Stella to leave town and live a good life somewhere/anywhere but PC.

@mysoutherncomfort   I nominate Nixon Falls as our new dump spot for "Sunshine".

Just realized I need to expound on this. I want Stella to find Sonny and Nina, give Nina a huge dose of her self-righteous indignation, and then make sure they all return to PC to deliver Sonny to his family.

After that Stella can "exit left" to prepare for taping of her primetime series.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

@Tique  I'm very sorry to tell everyone that CLHS68 whose birthday is August 4th passed away in April.

I knew her for many years over on another chat board and also from Goodreads. I noticed that we had not heard from her in a bit so I emailed her to check in with her and didn't receive an answer in a timely manner which was unusual for her. I knew where she lived so I checked obituaries and unfortunately found hers.

I and a few other women from that board had known her(from the board) for years and knew that she was the last member of her family and so was kind of alone in the world. We felt sad that no one would have even sent flowers for her remembrance so we got together and had an artificial arrangement sent to her which the funeral director was kind enough to take out to the cemetery.

Everyone should have someone to remember them. So hopefully everyone on the GH thread will have a thought or a prayer for her on her upcoming birthday.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

August Questions of the Month:

1. Rate GH on a scale from 1 to 10 with 1 being the worst and 10 the best. List the reason[s] for your rating.

2. What is your current favorite storyline? Why?

Rating: 3 

Why? How long have you got... For starters... None of the current front burner characters or stories are even of remote interest. Add in the fact that this show is clearly the recycle bin of soaps, with years old, stale story lines (and characters) being dredged up and both characters and actors resurrected to no real advantage... and otherwise---

• Austin...
  • Nina... Sonny... Nixon Falls...
  • The teens... 
  • Mikie, Willow, Chase...
  • Ava is finally visible but is being written as stupid, which she isn't, and is too often sharing the screen with her unappealing step-son, who should have been better cast...
  • Not remotely interested in the Shawn-Hayden stuff...
  • Don't care who Curtis canoodles with...
  • etc...

There is no favorite story line. I think they all stink. It seems the show is always on the cusp of getting interesting but never does. The only thing providing even a modicum of interest right now is seeing when they wrap up some of these story lines and how they do it. Otherwise, the only compelling questions are whether or not Peter will resurface, what will happen if he does and how quickly they can move on to story lines of actual interest, assuming they do.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Say huh... You mean they cast Caitlyn Jenner as Willows mommy...

Caitlyn Jenner | Aspen Ideas

GH Spoilers For August 2: Harmony Brings Anything But To Willow's Life

Honored Contributor

@abbalulu  thank you for the sad news about @CLHS68. Yes we will remember her on Wednesday.

Honored Contributor

@abbalulu  Very kind of you and the others to seek to remember someone it's likely noone else would... 

Honored Contributor

"The Other Woman" Promo

Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

Things get heated between Stella and Portia

And speaking of a Go Fund Me page for Mikey/Willow; I would like to add a page for Auntie "sunshine" Stella to leave town and live a good life somewhere/anywhere but PC.

@mysoutherncomfort forget the GoFundMe for Aunt Stella.  I'd like to just drop kick her to another city.

Honored Contributor

@abbalulu wrote:

@Tique  I'm very sorry to tell everyone that CLHS68 whose birthday is August 4th passed away in April.

I knew her for many years over on another chat board and also from Goodreads. I noticed that we had not heard from her in a bit so I emailed her to check in with her and didn't receive an answer in a timely manner which was unusual for her. I knew where she lived so I checked obituaries and unfortunately found hers.

I and a few other women from that board had known her(from the board) for years and knew that she was the last member of her family and so was kind of alone in the world. We felt sad that no one would have even sent flowers for her remembrance so we got together and had an artificial arrangement sent to her which the funeral director was kind enough to take out to the cemetery.

Everyone should have someone to remember them. So hopefully everyone on the GH thread will have a thought or a prayer for her on her upcoming birthday.

@abbalulu , oh my goodness.  I am sorry to read this.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

August Questions of the Month:

1. Rate GH on a scale from 1 to 10 with 1 being the worst and 10 the best. List the reason[s] for your rating.
    2 - I had an earlier post about my feelings about the current state of GH. Scrub everything and start anew.

What is your current favorite storyline? Why?
    None. Here's some things I'd like to see. Epiphany Johnson appointed as Chief of Staff. She'd have that place whipped into shape in no time. I actually don't know about NY state law (being head nurse), but I'm sure the writers can find a way around any road block. Sonny wakes up and realizes who he really is and high tails it back to Port Charles, kicking Nina to the curb. He stuns Carly who can't have Jason now. I would love to see Carly taken down a peg or two or three or more. Humility is in order for her character.