Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ August 2020 ~ Spoilers Included

Oh no, @mysoutherncomfort !  I'm so sorry to hear this.  I hope you are feeling 100% soon!

Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Nina’s Courtroom Testimony STUNS Nelle

GH Spoilers: Nina's Courtroom Testimony STUNS Nelle

General Hospital spoilers for Monday are all new and reveal shocking upset and downright awkward encounters. 

General Hospital Spoilers Highlights

When we last saw the action in Port Charles, Nina was set to testify at Wiley’s custody hearing, but what she plans to say has been a mystery for months (since the show has been in repeats since late May). Now new spoilers reveal that Nelle is shaken.

Not only that, but Jax is also impressed with Nina’s strength. Could this be music to Michael, Willow, and especially Carly’s ears? There is a lot riding on Nina’s testimony — and not just Wiley’s custody — if Carly has anything to say about it (and we know she will).

Trouble For The Quartermaine Family

Ned and Olivia clash. He can’t be pleased that Robert was able to make his wife feel better when he couldn’t. Poor Ned has a lot on his plate. He knows someone is after ELQ and it would be horrible if he loses the family company while Michael’s been busy in court. And he just might.

Valentin meets with Brook Lynn and openly admits that he’s the one who bought her shares. She quickly realizes how much trouble ELQ is truly in and that it’s all his fault, but what can she really do to stop him? Will her feisty spirit annoy the former Cassadine or intrigue him in a brand new way?

Poor Portia

Portia has an uncomfortable encounter but for someone who hasn’t been on the Port Charles scene for long, there are several suspects. Curtis may question Trina’s paternity again, she could clash with Cyrus, or perhaps go head-to-head with Ava. Or is there someone else on the horizon? 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique 

Have a question and hope you can answer it for me.

Why is Kelly(Sam) being recast for a while???

She looked a tad different in last few shows i saw her in..like her face a tad fuller..could she be pregnant in real life?

I know the actress playing Maxie is.

thanks

lubs yaHeart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam   the article posted in the July thread had a comment from her mother which said she had some problems wearing a mask. That's all I know. Here's a re-post:

@Tique wrote:

Lindsay Hartley Temporarily Replacing Kelly Monaco as Sam on GH

Kelly Monaco Lindsay Hartley split

On July 30, rumors began flying fast and furious that Kelly Monaco would be out as Sam on GH for a time and the role of Sam would be temporarily recast with Lindsay Hartley. And now Hartley herself has confirmed the news on Twitter. “Some big shoes to fill,” she posted. “Precious, too. I hope you enjoy watching Sam as much as I have enjoyed playing her, temporarily.”

Monaco originated the role of Sam McCall back in October 2003 and has played the character ever since. Although no details have been released regarding what necessitated the recast, fans don’t have to worry too much because it’s only temporary. Also, Hartley has plenty of soap experience, having played Theresa on PASSIONS, Cara on ALL MY CHILDREN, and Arianna on DAYS OF OUR LIVES Can't believe they actually managed to snag someone who didn't appear on OLTL although she was on AMC.

GH recently resumed production after going on hiatus during the COVID-19 pandemic, and brand-new episodes of the soap are returning starting on Monday August 3.There are no official details as to when the recast will be taking place or how long it will last. So stay tuned to see how it all unfolds!

source: soaps in depth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carmina Monaco, Kelly's mom, posted this on FaceBook to address the rumors already circulating.

Kelly is safe and healthy. Had a hard time with the Covid mask first day back, been claustrophobic since she was a kid, and even though she tested negative for Covid twice, was told to quarantine for 14 days. She’s looking forward to returning next week.

Honored Contributor

@Tique 

thanks!  lubs yaHeart

but

my mind is thinking...there is more to this story that's not being said.!..I don't believe her mom's press releaseSmiley Frustrated

like why did her mom release this news instead of Kelly??????Smiley Surprised

etc.   like what is really going ons she wanting more money to be on GH?????  ..it sure sounds fishy to me!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam   you could be right; however considering all that's going on I'm not ready to start speculating. If we don't see Kelly back by mid-September then the wheels in my head will start turning.

One last thought: If there really is something else going on it won't be long before someone will leak it. We'll know about it.

Honored Contributor

Kelly M's mother's comment to someone on social media makes absolutely no sense.

Kelly's troubles with wearing the mask would not cause her to self quarantine for 14 days.  Either Kelly told her mother a lie so that she would not be worried, or Kelly had some sort of exposure or possible exposure after testing and out of caution they sent her home for 2 weeks.

I know I'm in the minority, but not having Sam on at all would not be a problem for me.  I am team Liason to the end.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Frequent Contributor

The Bold and Beatiful has been back on with new episodes for a week or so. I don't generally watch this soap but I've been watching to see the filming. I notice the differences! The close up scenes are particularly weird. In an episode I watched as a young woman was being rescued by her love. The embrace scene used an obviously different actor/man. The stubble on the face and the nose was very different. I have read that real life spouses or significant others will be standing in for the actor in close ups. It looked very odd to me. The other scenes looked almost ok. Many people wouldn't notice. I do notice.  Now in another scene, an actor walked in the room and picked up and held the baby. So it's seems to ok to get closer than six feet with a baby/child. Crazy...I look forward to watching and analyzing these scenes. It's fun.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Now this might be a reason to watch closely again.  Just to do the forensics on the editing. LOL

I had heard they were using spouses, but I didn't understand that it was as body doubles.  That makes sense and has to be very interesting to shoot those scenes.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN