Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ August 2019 ~ Spoilers Included

@daisy4 wrote:

Maybe I'm the only one, but I find it really creepy the way Franco is trying to act like Drew. Watching him  Kissing Kim just made me say yuck!  He seemed like one of those creepy guys that stalk women at bars.

@daisy4  I reiterate: Yuck, Yuck, Yuck!  I'm with you 100%. I was finally liking Franco but now....... May I say it again in another way, UUUUUUUCH!🦂

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

@daisy4  It's not so much "creepy" for me with Drew's memories implanted in Franco, it's more the timing.  He leaves his hospital room (after just waking up), see's Kim and BOOM it's off to the races and kissy face!!  Even though he thinks it's 2012, ahhhh, what would he and Kim be doing in a hospital in Pt. Chuck in 2012?

One more thing I noticed about "Franco/Drew" is the haircut.  Seems to me that his cut is more in line with the "military look" especially in the back and sides and looks very fresh.  Just a detail that struck me out of the blue.  Franco's hair was getting "shorter", but not a military type cut that I recall.  Oh, well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CLHS68 @corita   there were also Spoilers posted here from CelebDirtyLaundry. From the May thread:

'General Hospital': Hayden's dramatic secret

A departed character, Hayden Barnes, who had long since moved away from the city will return.

General Hospital: Finn discovers that his son is about to die (Image Source: - GH Youtube)

General Hospital: Finn discovers that his son is about to die.

Several months ago, Hayden asked Hamilton Finn for help, but the storyline ended in a rather mysterious way. Only now do we know the reason for the medical consultation. Hayden has a very sick son, who risks dying at any moment. The situation is not as simple as it seems. As we know, Hayden gave birth to the child secretly and then disappeared from Port Charles.

How come she hasn't been seen in town since she learned of her son's serious illness? Spoilers reveal that Hayden has a goal in mind. Will Finn be able to save Barnes' son before it's too late? According to 'Celebrity Dirty Laundry', fans hope that Hamilton will find a therapy for the little boy, preventing him from dying as happened to Oscar Nero.

Hayden will desperately ask Hamilton for help in the hope of saving her son. Finn will work hard with himself to find a suitable therapy and, more importantly, a diagnosis that can give hope for treatment to his son.

During all of this, Hamilton will reflect on his relationship with Anna. His love affair will be overshadowed, as Finn's sole goal is to prevent his son from tragically dying. It cannot be ruled out that Hayden and Finn will be back in action.

As @CLHS68 stated, a mother would check on her young child whether he/she was sick or not.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Super Contributor

I am confused on the time line.  Drew was suppose to have disappeared when Kim found out she was "whit child".  If that was 2012 wouldn't Oscar have been only six or seven - not the 16 year old that he was.  What am I missing here? Souldn't it be 2002?

Honored Contributor

A shout-out from someone with an opposing view. My feelings toward Todd Franco haven't changed at all. Watching Elizabeth try to convince him he's not Drew is no picnic either. Please let this wrap up quickly. This is way too much Franco for me.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Respected Contributor

If I get bombarded for saying this, so be it, I must! I'm so tired of Sickness, Diseases, Cures, Deaths etc..These writers can't approach these issues in any way, as the old writers did. That's why I think we're all frustrated, bored, crazed. We all agree that the storyline with Mike/Sonny is great. Was that a one off? I think so. Maybe, there were one or two moments in the last few years that really moved me.

I must say though, today there was a ray of sunshine for me. I love it when Dr. O plays comedy. When she talks about Jax, her face lights up, She's on the make (or prowl) and  I think that's great, even though it's preposterous, When she asked Maxie, " How do I look", it made me smile and makes the soap a little more tolerable. That was a breath of fresh air today.

Honored Contributor

I've always like Roger Howarth.  He's one reason I watch General Hospital.

However, there are some things I don't like about him.  OK, so I know we're not supposed to 'swarm' over people's looks, but at my age, I've long gone past the nicey (made up word) stuff and I reserve the right to pick someone apart (on looks), especially on TV.  Phew!  I didn't get that out right...I apologize.

But every time I look at him I see his nose flare when he speaks.  I don't even hear his words, I'm so busy looking at his nose flaring.

He just can't carry off looking (and having the presence) of a Navy Seal.  This isn't about his physical appearance, it's about how he holds himself and the air of authority he should have.  He just can't do it....it doesn't work for me.

Why did these writers have to pick him?  As good as the young boy is at acting, at this point, I think maybe he'd be better at projecting the 'air of superority' than Franco.

We all knew he was going to grab Kim and kiss her.  Then I started thinking......(me thinking) "Lord!  Please don't have Kim run off with Franco acting like the man Kim was in love with at one time.

Anyone who've ever read my posts knows I'm always wrong at these guesses, so don't get upset with me.  Also, it wouldn't make sense because Billy Miller is the one we've read that is actually leaving General Hospital.  See.....I've already talked myself into why I'm wrong.

My brain hurts so I'll stop there.

Respected Contributor

@Tique Another thing if Hayden & Finn's child is so sick why isn't she seeking help instead of snooping around Wyndermere.

Esteemed Contributor

I must have missed something. When did she tell Finn that he has a son after all? I thought she told him the baby didn't make it. WTH?

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I've always like Roger Howarth.  He's one reason I watch General Hospital.

However, there are some things I don't like about him.  OK, so I know we're not supposed to 'swarm' over people's looks, but at my age, I've long gone past the nicey (made up word) stuff and I reserve the right to pick someone apart (on looks), especially on TV.  Phew!  I didn't get that out right...I apologize.

But every time I look at him I see his nose flare when he speaks.  I don't even hear his words, I'm so busy looking at his nose flaring.

He just can't carry off looking (and having the presence) of a Navy Seal.  This isn't about his physical appearance, it's about how he holds himself and the air of authority he should have.  He just can't do it....it doesn't work for me.

Why did these writers have to pick him?  As good as the young boy is at acting, at this point, I think maybe he'd be better at projecting the 'air of superority' than Franco.

We all knew he was going to grab Kim and kiss her.  Then I started thinking......(me thinking) "Lord!  Please don't have Kim run off with Franco acting like the man Kim was in love with at one time.

Anyone who've ever read my posts knows I'm always wrong at these guesses, so don't get upset with me.  Also, it wouldn't make sense because Billy Miller is the one we've read that is actually leaving General Hospital.  See.....I've already talked myself into why I'm wrong.

My brain hurts so I'll stop there.

@Annabellethecat66  As always, this is yours and everyone's safe place and sounding board. I never noticed RH's flaring nostrils but that observation made me smile. So, now I'll be obsessed with watching his nose flare 👀. We're all wrong at times. Who can be with these writers!  We're never wrong, we're just logical and have healthy, functional brains with solid ideas. Can we say that for the writers? 

As to your brain hurting, my brain always hurt after watching GH. That's why I stopped watching it daily. I normally watch it only once or maybe twice a week now. Even then, I FF through it. My brain thanks me for it!😉